It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Are Ghosts Always Seen With Clothes???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Why would they even need clothes? I think that any sighting that includes a ghost wearing clothes is a hoax. Any thoughts and opinions???

CX

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by eric52081
Why would they even need clothes? I think that any sighting that includes a ghost wearing clothes is a hoax. Any thoughts and opinions???

No idea, i doubt you can call hoax just because they are wearing clothes all the time though lol.

Maybe they return in the clothes they were buried in? Most are dressed before being placed in a coffin.

Even if they were naked when they were killed/died, they still are dressed for burial.

Maybe they wear what they mostly wore when they were alive, or depending on what profession they had. You hear of ghost doctors in white cots, and nurses in uniform, but i highly doubt they were buried in that gear.

Good question anyway, but i would'nt just dismiss it as a hoax.

CX.

[edit on 30/5/08 by CX]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Yeah true. All of them can't be a hoax. But, don't most ghosts usually come from a tragic event like a murder, war, or an unexpected death. That would mean that most of them would be wearing the clothes they died in. And, it is possible that they do not know they have perished and so they just go on doing what they normally would do just in a different realm than us. They could just crossover from time to time. That could be why we see them in clothes. Also it seems that most ghost that are reported either have unfinished business or a hatred or jealousy towards another individual or group. Just some more of my thoughts?

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
after a few seconds of pondering i think i'll agree that they might just reappear in whatever clothes they are accustomed to wearing. i'm sure if i came back i'd wear a t-shirt and cargo pants/shorts. dead or not, i don't need people looking at my junk.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
What we see is the spirit's avatar or residual self image?
Like we are in the Matrix and they are jacking in.

Just a guess.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
When being dead, it's important to look our best for return visits to the natural world. At Undead Digs R Us, we specialize in a variety of post-mortem apparel with the dead consumer in mind from period costumes, fine suits and dresses or torn rags for the more recent grunge look. In addition are these functional accessories: Weird smelling fragrances, coolpacks to cause a chill in the air, shadow projectors, rattling chains, creaking boards and relative look-alike masks. Make your haunting something to remember both for you and your hauntee today!

((Actually you raise a good question. Clothes don't die, why would a ghost be wearing them?))

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Well, the vast majority of hauntings are residual hauntings, which you can think of as being like a video that is being played over and over. Theories suggest that a person's energy may somehow become imprinted in the surrouding area (such as the structure of a bulding, foliage, etc) and can be played back when conditions are exactly that of (or at least very similar to) the time of encoding. It could be that our clothes are surrounded by our energy ("energy" referring to any electrical/magnetic fields being generated by/surrounding our bodies) and thus get imprinted as well.

As far as intelligent hauntings are cocnerned (any hauntings that seem to take notice of and/or interact with the physical world, it's a bit more difficult. It could be that ghost "expect" to be clothed, and somehow, being free from the constraints of the physical world, they are somehow able to manifest the clothes for themselves. In religious terms, perhaps original sin keeps them clothed.

It's really just too hard to say. There have been plenty of reports of hauntings. and you barely, if ever, hear about naked ghosts. Not all hauntings reports can be explained away, and so there must be some force at work ensuring that these ghosts don't walk around in the nude.

Hmm...to anyone who believes in God, add that to the list of questions to ask when you die

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
if the ghost has any remnants of being human it would be embarrassed walking around naked. I dont believe in ghosts but if a ghost appeared in my room at night i would be scared, if a naked man was in my room at night i would be bloody terrified.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Well come on! Would YOU go on leting yourself be seen dead AND naked? I didn't think so.
Anyway. Ghosts (once human) are commonly called residual, are they not? Reliving the moments of death means they would be weraing what they were then.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by eric52081

huahhahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I have no opinion, I don't need one.............

And you are smart!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
When being dead, it's important to look our best for return visits to the natural world. At Undead Digs R Us, we specialize in a variety of post-mortem apparel with the dead consumer in mind from period costumes, fine suits and dresses or torn rags for the more recent grunge look. In addition are these functional accessories: Weird smelling fragrances, coolpacks to cause a chill in the air, shadow projectors, rattling chains, creaking boards and relative look-alike masks. Make your haunting something to remember both for you and your hauntee today!

((Actually you raise a good question. Clothes don't die, why would a ghost be wearing them?))

Shame, look best for return???????? that is PAGAN ritual.....

Remember.... from ashes to ashes........ no clothes needed if you believe your bible, return to ashes is what you are!!!!!!!

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
It is said that when a ghost comes back to our world they are presented the best of what they looked within their lives..

In other words some old lady might come back as herself a few yrs younger when she thought she looked good.

As that is what I understand. from research death and such.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
What a brilliant question. So simple and obvious, I'm intrigued why I never heard it before.
Why would a spirit, aura, projection, whatever........... essentially being of either mental or physical origin from the former living host...................require any 'accessorizing'?
It would seem to suggest that the origin of the clothing is not the supposed spirit............ but an assumption of the viewer, already sufficiently weak-minded to believe in ghosts.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
LOL, what? Um, the ghost would only be naked if the ghost was killed naked, or just happens to be the spirit of someone naked. A ghost can be in clothes or naked, and either way, it's still a spirit, so I really don't get your point of view. >_>

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
They're shy about their bodies. And the laws in most places forbids public nudity.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
assumption #1: Ghosts are dead, and the clothes are from that life.
assumption #2: Ghosts are a residue energy that includes clothing.
What if #1: maybe they aren't dead and they are wearing clothes.
What if #2: maybe they are alive on a different level, and they wear clothes there too.
What if #3: Maybe we are ghosts to them and we are wearing t-shirts and cargo pants.
What if #4: Maybe they can see us when we are getting in the shower naked, ewwww. I do feel like I am being watched sometimes.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lonte
Shame, look best for return???????? that is PAGAN ritual.....

Remember.... from ashes to ashes........ no clothes needed if you believe your bible, return to ashes is what you are!!!!!!!

Oy, did we miss the joke? Please put down the coffee or switch to decaf. By the way, the Bible talks extensively about the afterlife and no, we are not naked during it.

"After this I looked and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and in front of the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands." - Revelation 7:9

[edit on 2-6-2008 by saint4God]

new topics

top topics

join