It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Raw Video: APD officer confronts KOB photographer

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

You raise some very valid points. I believe there has always been a contentious relationship between law enforcement and the media. What it really comes down to a symbiotic system of checks and balances. In other words, the media not only covering events, but in essence, policing the police.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust
the media not only covering events, but in essence, policing the police.

And the police hate this. Because they feel they are above the law. My brother and all his friends are cops. I do have some experience with them.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

that cop should be arrested man...he rushed that camera guy like a beast

freakin BS man...

the camera guy was far away from the scene and not in anyones way imo.

thanks for sharing this.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

For the future, theres an option in the menu to shut the light off.

FWIW.

I wonder how many more stories like this, are just waiting to be told, to an unsuspecting public, who think that these guys are " all that, and a bag of chips".

I love to see a bulletin board, where folks can tell their stories...and I'd bet, if enuf info was passed back and forth between certain parties, some crime could be solved too.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff
If the cameraman wants to put himself in the line of fire, that's his peragative.

The police are in charge of the situation. It is their job to protect the citizens at large.

If a stupid photographer gets in the way, lives could be lost unnecessarily.

The photographer might simply get in the way of a pursuit or any number of undesirable outcomes.

I hope the photographer loses his job and his credentials.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by InsiderInfo
And the ones here are real jerks. They write speeding tickets to the other smaller department officers, and brag about it. I got stopped by one for going 5 over on the highway in my vehicle on the way home from work, and even after showing my police ID and letting him know I was carrying, he still gave me a ticket for 5 over. And he did it with a smug look on his face.

As a general rule of thumb, cops don't write cops. It doesn't apply to state troopers though.

Thats the saddest story I've ever heard in my life...

So who is it again who thinks they are above the law?

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by InsiderInfo
After watching the video, here are my thoughts.

First of all, the photographer with a huge ego was a *snip* and provoked the officer. If he would have been respectful and polite, the situation could have been avoided.

Being "polite" and "respectful" are matters of opinions, Neither of which is law, However last time I checked assaulting someone who hasn't assaulted you nor broke any laws is against the law...

It's called , dee dee dee, ASSAULT

Shouting things like "see was that so hard" and "no im going to keep filming you" in a sarcastic voice at an officer is usually not a good idea. He could have also moved to the media staging area as instructed, but he sat there filming the officer with the light from the camera right in his face, even after his question was answered and he learned where the media staging area was.

Anything you or any LEO does in public in front of the public is the publics business, We have a right to know every damn thing you do in uniform serving in the capacity of your duties.

this man crossed no yellow tape, nor was he in an area that was illegal to be in, He broke no laws, and the officer can't tell a person to leave unless that person is interfering, Now just because that officer can't ignor a guy who's at least 50 feet away doesn't mean that guy is interfering....

You could also pretty much tell he was baiting the officer to attack him, he wanted a cop attack on tape.
Lets say he was baiting this officer, Free speech isn't against the law, One doesn't have to like free speech thats why its protected, However, Be it he may or may not have baited the officer he broke no law, like I said you don't have to like what he did, But whatever it may say about this guy, It says even more about a professionally trained Law Enforcement Officer being provoked by a citizen asserting his rights rather you like them or not.

"if you do not stop filming, I am going to arrest you" instead of lunging at him like he did.
Filming Law Enforcement isn't a crime this guy can record to his little hearts content.

But this is far from police brutality. It's a rookie officer, who has never been in this situation before, and he made a mistake. Big deal.

Yes very BIG DEAL seeing as if this was not filmed, this Child wouldn't have learned that he took an oath to protect rights not ignor them.

[edit on 31-5-2008 by C0le]

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 04:39 AM
link   
And you all wonder why people hate America and are even scared to go there on business trips or holiday.

Has there been a drop in turists? Im guessing yes.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by C0le

it seems that the cop felt provoked because the photographer would not stop filming. The cop, in this situation, has no right to forbid the photographer from filming. The cameraman moved back from the site as instructed but he has every right to cotimue to record in a public setting

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by theendisnear69

I am curious as to WHY you allowed a search of your car at a checkpoint? The filthy pig's have zero reasonable grounds to search just because they feel like it...it is highly illegal. NEVER ever give CONSENT to search to any filthy pig. Tell them NO and refuse to speak without an attorney....watch the vermin flee when they see you are not a typical patsy and weakling.

Cop's HATE to be filmed because they are guilty of so many crimes in a days time that they know that being filmed means that they will be caught breaking the law, and they feel they are above the law. Filthy cop's hate the light like a cockrach...they know that exposure and truth means that they will be shown for what they are...scum.

Resistance is the ONLY way to fight these scumbags. Maybe some local can find out the thug cop's home address and phone number so we all can express ourselves to him...wouldn't that be grand!! These scummy cop's today think they are God's and can violate rights at will...and they will get worse unless we fight back. SUE 'em!! Take a filthy cop to Federal court for civil rights violations and I guarantee that they will think twice before violating you again.

I have the local Gestapo in an uproar...I am writing an article for the local paper on police misconduct and the cop's are already assumingh that I will expose their tricks..and I will!! I am going to educate everyone that wishes to know their rights exactly how to handle the vermin and what to say...and how to refuse consent. Cop's deserve NOTHING from us, the people. We do not have to speak to them or answer any questions, and we can film them anytime we want to, and if they screw up we need to be readyto pounce and make their lives a living hell.

Ego driven bullies with no intelligence and a total disregard for the Constitution is what we have now for cop's...and we need humble and contrite servants that will treat us with respect and kid gloves while respecting our rights...anything less is unacceptable.

The filthy cop that arrested the news guy needs to be fired and sued and run out of town on a rail..tarred and feathered would help with his attitude, of course, but the people are not used to correcting these scum these days so the system can handle gettin rid of them. To hell with the cop's.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by maria_stardust

In other words, the media not only covering events, but in essence, policing the police.

Indeed, as it should be in a land with "freedom of press" and all. After all, if the police aren't doing anything wrong, they have nothing to be afraid of, as they like to tell the people all too often.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by toasted

I wonder how many more stories like this, are just waiting to be told, to an unsuspecting public, who think that these guys are " all that, and a bag of chips".

I happen to have several myself, gathered up over the years and under circumstances. Here is one...

How Jackinthebox got jacked-up by the police

UPDATE: Jackinthebox convicted on lesser charge in police abuse case

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

The police are in charge of the situation. It is their job to protect the citizens at large.

Maybe they should start slaughtering Muslims to protect the citizens too.

It is NOT their job to deny the freedom of the press.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by InsiderInfo

WRONG!! Disorderly conduct is a breach of the peace, and an ESSENTIAL legal element of a breach of the peace is VIOLENCE or the IMMANENT threat of violence. If there is no iontent to provoke a violent retaliation or response, there is no breach. Understand?

Loitering laws were struck down long ago: It was a rascist and police state law that was used to violate rights, and was found unconstitutional in the USA. you CANNOT be charged for merely standing on a corner despite what some thug cop may like or not.

Making noise is NOT disorderly conduct as no violence is associated with it. There are seperate laws for noise as relates to the ability of others to enjoy their rights to peace and enjoyment of their space, but violence is a MUST for a disordely charge to stick.

You are right that the filthy cop's will constantly abuse these laws and most charges will be dismissed in court....but after all, the filth has made you post bond and has ruined your day and he has shown that he, the scummy cop, has the last word. THAT is what misuse of the laws is all about: The pigs showing that no matter what the law says, they can always violate it and cause you grief. Well, we can cause THEM grief too!!

Anytime a cop steps ONE TOE out of line, formal complaints should be filed with their department and if it is in anyway serious a Federal civil rights lawsuit should be instituted to deal with the filth. The ONLY thing that a scummy cop today fears is losing their home and boat and salary to one of us citizens for their heinous actions on the streets: They take notice when that summons to Federal court hits their hands!! Believe me, it works wonders. Many times the insurance will settle before trial to avoid even higher damages and if the filth cannoit get ' qualified immunity' they would have top pay out of their pocket, and that is enough to make the most obnoxious and bullying thug pig shake in his sissy boots.

The only solution is to take matters a step further and always raise hell with the scum when they cross the line. Their bosses are as corrupt and crooked as they all are, so only a lawsuit works to reduce the violations that cop's are committing all day long all over the nation. Study the law for a change before posting and you will learn a few things.

Remember, VIOLENCE is an essentioal element of a breach of the peace, and disorderly conduct is a breach of the peace: No violence, either actual or immanent....NO law broken. We all need to stop looking at cop's as if they are special and regard them as SERVANTS that need to be polite and subservient to their masters: US!! We pay their salaries and we are their bosses ultimately. Take charge and back one down sometime...it is a great feeling to watch some thug cop slink off with hios redneck shaaved skull hanging to his chest in shame...its a sight to behold and a thrill.

Make sure you have a hankie handy to hand the filth so after a hefty award against them they won't stain the streets with their black tears...boo hoo!!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join