It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Raw Video: APD officer confronts KOB photographer

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ironman433

thank god for you we will never have an encounter because i would own your job within a week.

That is what they ALL say. Then they get laughed out of court by the judge and jury. Famous last words of an egotistical maniac.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   

wikipedia is not a law book buddy . please whip out your law book and show us where it says being either sarcastic or annoying to a cop is a crime !!!

Furthermore, our lawbook is in our head. We spend 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, for 14 weeks in police academy learning every single aspect of the law. We must pass all tests with 80% or better, or we fail the academy and will pretty much never get a job offer again.

I just find it hilarious, when a civilian who doesn't have the training we do, thinks they know how we are supposed to do our job and thinks they know the law better than us.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   

What's the difference between a police officer and a criminal? The police officer will shoot the criminal, then administer first aid and call ambulance, and make sure the criminal lives and save his life. The criminal on the other hand, will shoot the police officer, and when police officer is on the ground, kill him and flee.

On the good days, police officer is the best job in the world, on the bad days, it's the worst job in the world.

no one is saying officers have it easy and they receive hundreds of hours in training... their also, as junior officers, taught another very important thing... when the press approaches you... you point to the nearest information officer and say "Go talk to that person"! not slam down the reporter then after he's in handcuffs tell him he didn't move fast enough!

as my wife said "just cause the guy was being snarky, that's no reason to pull the whole jack booted thug bit"!

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by InsiderInfo

and how many times have any of those situations happened to you personally ? paranoid are we ?? cops are some of the dumbest animals on the earth , ranking a strong second to cows.
you should be embarrassed of what you do for a living pal . when you are expected to lie to the same people you are supposed to be protecting and in return they have no respect for you it has to be difficult to show your face in public . you know what i change my mind that must be the ultimate pressure at the job place . and i can see how easy it must be to deal with the same people you screw over on a daily basis and then over react .
i apologize for my comments here and would like to say poor poor baby it must be so hard to screw over your fellow man .
i guarantee you will be judged some day and the bad WILL out weigh the good.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare

What's the difference between a police officer and a criminal? The police officer will shoot the criminal, then administer first aid and call ambulance, and make sure the criminal lives and save his life. The criminal on the other hand, will shoot the police officer, and when police officer is on the ground, kill him and flee.

On the good days, police officer is the best job in the world, on the bad days, it's the worst job in the world.

no one is saying officers have it easy and they receive hundreds of hours in training... their also, as junior officers, taught another very important thing... when the press approaches you... you point to the nearest information officer and say "Go talk to that person"! not slam down the reporter then after he's in handcuffs tell him he didn't move fast enough!

as my wife said "just cause the guy was being snarky, that's no reason to pull the whole jack booted thug bit"!

As I have said multiple times, I agree that the officer overreacted.

It's easy for us to sit in the comfort of our own home, drinking coffee and eating a bagel, typing on the computer saying how the officer should have handled the situation.

But we weren't there. We don't have the stress of a camera and a blinding light in our face that he did. We don't know what that officer just went through. Was he shot at by the fugitive, and shaken up by it and on edge?

Was it a good idea for the photographer to sit there, purposely antagonizing the officer while the officers were in a heated confrontation with the criminal? It's just plain f___ing common sense not to try to mess with officer's heads and purposely be a d-bag while they are in confrontation with a suspect and anything could happen at any minute, if you ask me.

The officer made a mistake. He's human, not robocop as you would believe. He's not a bad cop for it. Though sadly, with the release of the video, he will probably lose his job over this simple mistake he made. His entire career is ruined now. I hope you people are happy.

Worse than paparazzi imo.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by InsiderInfo

wikipedia is not a law book buddy . please whip out your law book and show us where it says being either sarcastic or annoying to a cop is a crime !!!

Furthermore, our lawbook is in our head. We spend 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, for 14 weeks in police academy learning every single aspect of the law. We must pass all tests with 80% or better, or we fail the academy and will pretty much never get a job offer again.

I just find it hilarious, when a civilian who doesn't have the training we do, thinks they know how we are supposed to do our job and thinks they know the law better than us.

that is ignorant stuff there buddy . every person on this website who has had any kind of job or career knows that you forget things from time to time no matter how long your training or how long you've been on the job.
so what your saying is that the law your enforcing is passed down from generation to generation from pure memory ?
thats the dumbest thing i've heard you say yet .

[edit on 31-5-2008 by ironman433]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   

and how many times have any of those situations happened to you personally ? paranoid are we ?? cops are some of the dumbest animals on the earth , ranking a strong second to cows.
you should be embarrassed of what you do for a living pal . when you are expected to lie to the same people you are supposed to be protecting and in return they have no respect for you it has to be difficult to show your face in public . you know what i change my mind that must be the ultimate pressure at the job place . and i can see how easy it must be to deal with the same people you screw over on a daily basis and then over react .
i apologize for my comments here and would like to say poor poor baby it must be so hard to screw over your fellow man .
i guarantee you will be judged some day and the bad WILL out weigh the good.

LOL OK now I'm convinced you are just a troll.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   

that is ignorant stuff there buddy . every person on this website who has had any kind of job or career knows that you forget things from time to time no matter how long your training or how long you've been on the job.
so what yopur saying is that the law your enforcing is passed down from generation to generation from pure memory ?
thats the dumbest thing i've heard you say yet .

Now I'm apparently being accused of saying things I've not once said. Troll harder.

[edit: clipped quoted content]
Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 31-5-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
[

I

Now I'm apparently being accused of saying things I've not once said. Troll harder.
the law book is in our head. now that pretty much explains what the problem is here . if you were some kind of genius who has a photographic memory you wouldn't be a cop now would you . that lawbook in our heads i a crock of bull . i'll bet your not a cop and something more like a security guard .

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by InsiderInfo

i always carry a camera in my vehicle at all times , never leave home without it, for the simple reason that when an officer knows that you have one and in conjunction with knowing your rights they usually will take things a little cautious with you

Not necessary, if the police pulled you over, they will have their overhead lights on. And in almost all police cars nationwide, if the overhead lights are switched on, video automatically starts recording. So they already know they are being recorded, and if they do something wrong you can file a complaint or lawsuit and the PD's own footage will be used.

Lmfao, you are aware when it counts those tapes often get lost...

For instance locally a couple years back a cop ran a red light going to the scene of a crime, Ended up hitting some lady and killing her, Lights were on according to witness's, The dash cam evidence of the event got lost... their words not mine...

On a personal level, I had several run ins with a local cop, complaints were filed, This was a pull over incident, The dash cam footage of this event, was lost

Dashcam evidence is bs, If it makes LE look bad they disappear unless the evidence against the officer goes well beyond what could be on tape... or you have a tape of you're own...

Trusting that LE will just hand over there career or their buddies career to a non LE who knows his rights is like trusting a murderer with a knife not to stab you in the back when you turn away...

I carry a cam with me at all times as well.

[edit on 31-5-2008 by C0le]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by C0le

Lmfao, you are aware when it counts those tapes often get lost...

Destroying evidence is against the law, and if the police department did that, they would be opening a huge can of whoopass up with the FBI who would come and fry just about the entire staff of that PD.

Police departments would much rather be in the news for having one of their officers do something wrong (because it mostly only makes that officer look bad, the department had no control over him), rather than the entire department being in the news for having an FBI probe for being corrupt and destroying evidence. The PD would never recover after that.

And yes, the FBI is in charge of investigating corruption and laws broken by local, non-federal departments. And they LOVE to fry these departments too, so they would be all over it like flies to honey.

Now you know why cops hate the feds.

For instance locally a couple years back a cop ran a red light going to the scene of a crime, Ended up hitting some lady and killing her, Lights were on according to witness's, The dash cam evidence of the event got lost... their words not mine...

Link? As I said, almost all departments nationwide, the dashcam is recording if the overhead lights are on. Some departments still don't do this however and the camera is only activated when the officer needs it on via a switch. You should call your local police department and ask what their procedure is.

On a personal level, I had several run ins with a local cop, complaints were filed, This was a pull over incident, The dash cam footage of this event, was lost

File a lawsuit, if the recorder was on and the evidence was truly lost, you have a slam dunk case.

Dashcam evidence is bs, If it makes LE look bad they disappear unless the evidence against the officer goes well beyond what could be on tape... or you have a tape of you're own...

You do realize that 9 out of 10 youtube videos of cops behaving badly were taken with the dashcam, right? Do you think the civilian just waltzed into the officer's cruiser and mounted his cam there?

If vids of cops behaving badly get lost as you say, the amount of them on youtube would never be there.

[edit on 31-5-2008 by InsiderInfo]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
One additional note: The dashcam, and also the recorder we carry in our pocket are there mostly to protect us. We need the protection a lot more than you do. Lots of people LOVE to file false complaints. People really hate the police for no reason.

Just 3 months ago, I had a woman complain to my Captain that I told her I would let her off the ticket if she gave me oral sex. I never said this, and fortunately my cam and recorder were going from before I even got out of the car. My Captain reviewed the tape, called the lady back, told her he saw the tape, laughed and said next time she wants to lie she will be charged with filing a false report, and have a nice day. Captain' said she hung up the phone pretty quick.

Edit to mention: Oh, the funny part is I didn't even give her a ticket, I told her to drive more carefully and to have a nice day. I guess she just wanted to get an officer in trouble badly or something. I could see her being pissed and wanting to get me in trouble if I had given her a ticket... but after I was nice and let her go...

[edit on 31-5-2008 by InsiderInfo]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Just a reminder...

Please keep responses focused on the Actual Topic of discussion NOT each other's perceptions of fellow members' character and or person.

Thank you.

» Breaking Alternative News » Raw Video: APD officer confronts KOB photographer » Post Reply

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I really think the officer did overreact. This happens all the time in NM.

I have found though (as much as I really dislike cops) that if your just nice, then they are nice to you.

I came out of a concert once, and the APD has this party patrol and they were watching us after the show. They stopped me and said they wanted to search me. I asked why, they said we looked suspicous. I was nice they patted me down and left.

Like I said I really don't like cops but I don't like going to jail either. So I am polite when they stop me.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

That cop was out of control. And the source of that tension probably lays at the cop shop, in the pre-work brief room, where they get pumped up for the day. [ I know not all cops are like that ,but this is becoming common place. ]
And I don't wanna hear any excuse, I wanna know how this will be rectified.

I wonder what kind of propaganda they are subjected to on a daily basis?

This reminds me of the TASERING of citizens over MINOR TRAFFIC INFRACTIONS!!!!!! WTF?

Clearly, the protectors are now turning into the bullies, who are most likely being controlled at a level we can't see.

This is our future, and it don't look pretty at all. Unless you're gonna use it in a sentence like, pretty ugly...

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by theendisnear69

I have found though (as much as I really dislike cops) that if your just nice, then they are nice to you.

Of course, we are people too and just doing our job. If you go up and harass or give anyone else a hard time, are they going to like it either? No, they might punch you in the face. Instead, we just find something you've done wrong and haul you to jail.

Originally posted by theendisnear69
Like I said I really don't like cops but I don't like going to jail either. So I am polite when they stop me.

Why do you dislike cops? The 99% of cops are good people, just doing their job. Some people think we have some kind of vendetta against people or want to control your or whatever. It's BS. We are just doing our job, which is enforcing the law, hence the name "law enforcement officer." If you don't break the law, you have nothing to worry about. If you don't like the law, blame the politicians, or do something to change the law. You think I like to take weed from kids and arrest them? Really I don't, but it's part of my job. I would really love it if you helped worked towards changing the law and legalizing marijuana. That would make my life so much easier.

Besides, who's going to protect you from criminals, stop someone from stealing your stuff, breaking into your home, raping your wife, mugging you, etc? Do you really want anarchy?

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Law book in your head?Sounds more like *snip*. The police nowdays have taken probable cause to extremes.They make the circumstance fit the crime by manipulation of evidence.They focus on the poor and under privleged,as they can only afford court appointed defense.
A long blue rairoad meant to fill the coffers with free money stolen from poor people.LEO are taught proceedure and"possible" infractions of the law.On the job training teaches them how to subvert civil rights.
I worked in law enforcement for a short time.The abuses I witnessed turned my stomach.The prevelant mentality of the brotherhood bordered on megalamania,a Judge Dread mindset."I AM THE LAW"
I am of the opinion that there should be more video shot of situations like this.To help shed light on these terrible abuses. "Interfearing with a criminal investigation" It's just another BS bluff where they can throw their weight around. I thought only cockroaches feared the light,guess I was wrong!

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 31-5-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   

If that happened, the same people here attacking the officers for arresting the photographer, would be attacking the officers for not preventing the photographer from getting hurt.

The police do not prevent crime. They might invent one, but they don't prevent them. They are there to react after the crime has already been committed.

Try calling the police and telling them that someone is coming to your house with a gun to kill you. They'll tell you to call back when the person actually shows up.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by daddyroo45

Daddyroo45, would you rather the police be like the police back in ancient times, where if you even looked at them funny they'd impale you with a spear?

I'd say we've come quite a way.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join