It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Know any Big UFOs?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
We're talking about size here. I'm kinda 'bored' with the usual UFOs, I want to know about the big boys. Any big UFO case that you know? What is the biggest one you know? An estimate of the size will be nice. Thanks.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

This encounter just occured a little over a year ago. High witness reliability.

UFOs come in all sizes from small orbs to giant discs. One of the largest ever reported was seen off the coast of Alderney in April, 2007. The mile long object was reported by two pilots on separate flights over the coast.
Story
Additional Link

ATS Thread: Mile long ufo sighted over Guernesy

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

Thank you very much for the link, Scramjet.
It seems these two UFOs are cigar shaped. Maybe they are saucers after all but since they are so big, they will look like cigars from the side.

My sudden interest with big ufos is because the implication of it. Why is a big ufo 'hanging around' earth? Either the occupants are large beings or something very serious is going on.

Big UFOs means serious business. It's intriguing, isn't it?

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
How about the Giant UFO witnessed Dec. 11, 1996 by over 30 witnesses. It was estimated as over 1 kilometer in diameter. (Illustration follows):

Several witnesses were travelling up the Alaska highway north of Whitehorse when they saw the UFO travel across Fox Lake as depicted in the above illustration. One witness was directly beneath the UFO as it travelled across the lake and then the highway. His brother was had pulled his car over several hunred yards back on the road and watched the UFO travel over his brother. Can you imagine what an experience it was to witness this totally awesome sight!

Check out the extensive documentation of this historic UFO event at:

Giant UFO in the Yukon Territory

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluestreak53
Several witnesses were travelling up the Alaska highway north of Whitehorse when they saw the UFO travel across Fox Lake as depicted in the above illustration.

Sorry. My bad. That should read "travelling up the Klondike Highway north of Whitehorse, Yukon". The giant UFO was seen by 6 witnesses at this location, 9 witnesses in Carmacks, then another 8 witnesses at Pelly Crossing and lastly by 8 witnesses in Mayo.

A 40 page report of the incident was submitted by the Member of Parliament for the Yukon, Louise Hardy to the Canadian Ministry of Defense which included extensive documentation and witness testimony. The report was forwarded without comment to UFO hobbyist Chris Rutkowski of Manitoba. I hope that the report was at least copied by the little puppies in National Defense and forwarded to their American masters in NORAD!!
;-)

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by bluestreak53

Oh, man. Seeing that irl would have rocked!

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   

You've probably seen this one before,it's been around for a while.
uk.youtube.com...
The section visible in the video is supposed to be only a portion of a larger object.
One of my favourites simply because of its unconventional shape and huge size.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by bluestreak53

reply to post by meatballxl5

They are both 1996 sightings!
Coincidence??

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Maybe they are saucers after all but since they are so big, they will look like cigars from the side.

Sure that's possible.

Why is a big ufo 'hanging around' earth? Either the occupants are large beings or something very serious is going on.

Or they like plenty of room. Who wants to cruise across the galaxy in a cramped 50 ft saucer?

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I don't know if this applies to the big aspect but it was large.

I've had the opportunity to see three things in my life that I can't explain. I've rationalized them, but fully explained them, no.

Two at night and one in broad daylight with witnesses. This is the one I'll talk about.

Back in the 70's, I ran a water plant for a smallish town in northwest Missouri. This town had a city lake of around 90 acres in size which is where the water plant was located.

KCI (Kansas City International) airport had a TWA overhaul facility that performed maintenance on their own planes and contract work on other planes. Part of this contract work was government planes such as the 707's and 747's like Air Force One, but not that actual plane.

TWA and even the Missouri National Guard used this lake as a ground reference point when out flying, so seeing large planes of both civilian and military cargo planes, circling the lake, were not uncommon at all.

KCI is around 75 miles south and Rosecrans AF at St. Joseph is around 15 miles south.

Now we can continue.

There was a 747 flying around 3 to 4 miles west and around 5000 feet. United States of America was plainly visible on the side of the plane. There was a group of us watching this plane make a slow curve towards the north.

Then it was there. Between the plane and us. No one can say they saw it there before the plane intersected it in a line of vision, but it was just there.

It looked like a large ice cream cone. White top, solid body of silver. I'd estimate it at 800 to 1000 feet long and 500 feet wide, tapering to a blunt point. No markings, signs, writing of any kind on the object. The plane disappeared behind it and then came back into view.

The plane then did a sharp turn, as sharp as a 747 can, by tilting it's wings and cutting in towards the object. It banked around and then was between us and the object. The plane was then longer than the object but only because of the angle and closeness of it compared to the object.

The object started to go up, fast. You could hear the jet noise pick up from the 747, but it couldn't keep up. I'd say it went to around 10000 feet and then leveled off. The object was visible for just a couple minutes and then went away. Disappeared, I can't say, but it was no longer visible.

A couple of points to mention. I base the size of the object by a visual of comparing it to a 747 within a mile or less with my eyes within 3 to 4 miles of both at the same time, within the same line of vision. No turning to look and compare, they were both there at one time.

Second, I have often thought weather balloon, or something along this line. This may be my rational part of my brain talking to myself. It was just there when it showed up. There was a group of us and we all saw the object at the same time. It rose faster than the plane could climb while in a large circle. Now, I'll agree the 747 is not a fighter, but both climbed quick.

You know, I just don't know what it was.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Someone very close to me was at one time an air traffic controller, he watched throughout his entire shift (graveyard) on the radar, a large UAP which could dart across the span of 450+ miles in less time than it takes to blink.

I will be doing a POD cast interview with him soon so you can hear this for yourself.

In short and forgive me if I have this incorrect or backwards, but he stated that according to their equipment it had to be about 5 miles high and 30 miles long.

Big enough?
He is a great guy and I cannot wait to do the interview.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by hinky

Has this sighting ever been in the news, local or otherwise?
You're saying the 747 is a military jet.
Do you think the pilot somehow saw this thing, or was he actually reacting to it?
What the other witnesses said about this?
You share this story before, right? On ATS or outside.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

30 miles long!!! Ask him whether he's the only one on the shift, whether any other controllers also or ever had the same reading.

I'm also looking forward to the interview, antar.

Almost forgot. When and where did this happen?

[edit on Sat, 31 May 08 by Jazzyguy]

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   

The 747 is a large commercial airplane and this particular one was owned by the US government. Yeah, the plane reacted to it the same as we did. Kind of an OH...Sh** - moment. Then It really looked like he/she wanted to get closer and have a look see at it. Then sort of chased it - upward.

I talked to MUFON guy about this back in 1980. Never really shared this with anyone in public, talked about it with acquaintances or friends over the years when just talking about whatever comes up.

new topics

top topics

join