It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tony Blair: I want to spend my life uniting faiths

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Tony Blair today said he wanted to devote the rest of his life to promoting understanding between the world's religions.

Blair will announce tomorrow that that his Faith Foundation, to be run by his former No 10 aide Ruth Turner, will bring together six faiths - Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism and Sikhism.

He said the foundation would encourage practical work by religious groups to help tackle poverty and disease, and singled out the UN's millennium development goals as an important area.

Source

A noble sentiment, and one that I agree with - but I've always been suspicious of Blairs motivations, especially when it comes to self-publicizing and making money.

Of course it's no crime to make money, but it's been embarressing how Blair and his wife have grubbed for it, with no end to the amount they want.

The article states his mideast peace role, his advisory role at JP Morgan at £550k PA (after hebecame an advisor they bought up some Northern Rock) and his speeches which are reportedly worth nearly a quarter of a million a time.

If he's serios about this, he could start by pumping in some of his own money, instead of snapping up mansions at £4 million a pop.

As to how the idea would work, how is blair going to reconcile his role in Iraq and Afghanistan with muslim leaders?

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   
N.W.O N.W.O N.W.O N.W.O N.W.O N.W.O N.W.O !!!!!!!!!

- First We Unite, Then We Destroy The Union

[edit on 30-5-2008 by CzErased]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Oh please, there's nothing anyone can do to "unite" different religions...

If different "races" can't live together in harmony, how does anyone expect people with different religions to get along ?

Hell, most people of the same religion and race can't even get along, just because they live in another state, or come from a different country...

I believe in separation, not integration and multiculturalism.

NWO

[edit on 30-5-2008 by The Soldier Of Darkness]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by The Soldier Of Darkness

Oh puhleease..
I couldn't disagree more.
My time in Lebanon saw Christians,Muslims and Jews already doing that in one village.

I'm not talking segregated either like you find a 'Jewish community' in Gateshead.. Or a 'Muslim neighbourhood' in Newcastle.With a river separating them.

I'm talking real-life daily interaction without a consideration of faith.
It can be done..

If TB's intentions are honourable then I say Kudos.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by AGENT_T

Yes, I understand that there are "some" places where people might get along, but look at what is happening in the UK, and what happened here in Australia with the race riots in Sydney....

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by The Soldier Of Darkness

Yeah I certainly give you that one..

It is kinda hypocritical that a politician is going to 'try and fix it' when they started it all in the first place.

A bit like selling guns to one side in a war.. when it was caused by you selling them to the other side in the first place..

*cough* can anyone say CIA..

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
...and all this after he becomes a Roman Catholic?
The religious organization that brought us the Inquisition and the Crusades etc. I'm not buying it -- sorry.

All this 'one religion' talk along with the "disclosure talk" makes me think very seriously about Dark Knight and Project Blue Beam.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
As nice as his motives may seem, I think Blair has more than proved that he cannot be trusted. He's a disgusting man, and I think the UK and every other nation on the planet, would be better off without him intefering in the current mess, which he helped to create.

I think he's probably only doing this to gain some, if any respect from the public, after he wrongly sent us to war, and assisted in committing many war crimes. They should just lock him up, and dump the key in the deepest part of the largest ocean (I'm not good with geography)...

[edit on 30-5-2008 by Alesanjin]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
It's his motives that I would question - as I said in the OP, it's a noble idea but I'd like to know why he's REALLY doing it.

Knowing TB and his wife, it's probably just to boost his earning potential - having said that I may be doing him an injustice, BUT I can only go by his current and past behaviour, and nothing in that leads me to believe he means what he says.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Aye, you're right. And I apologise if it seemed like I was having a go at you!

I honestly don't think he could of changed into a good hearted person, who only wishes to unite all the different faiths, when only 6 months ago, he was in power, and very much promoting the destruction of certain faiths. Hopefully the public take what he says from now on with a pinch of salt

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by CzErased
N.W.O N.W.O N.W.O N.W.O N.W.O N.W.O N.W.O !!!!!!!!!

I have strong feelings that the world's religions isn't the only thing he plans to "unite".

new topics

top topics

join