It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tuberculosis can be ..... But do you care?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   
A single 2.5mg dose of vitamin D may be enough to boost the immune system to fight against tuberculosis (TB) and similar bacteria for at least six weeks, researchers have found.

In a study published today, researchers from Queen Mary's School of Medicine and Dentistry, London, and the Wellcome Trust Centre for Research in Clinical Tropical Medicine, Imperial College London, identified an extraordinarily high incidence of vitamin D deficiency among those communities in London most at risk from the disease.

Over 90 per cent of patients at Newham University Hospital and Northwick Park Hospital in London with TB were found to have a vitamin D deficiency.

www.wellcome.ac.uk...

Since that study was done the research has been quietly buried as it is more profitable for big pharma to give give a 6 month course of antibiotics then a few doses of cheap vitamin d.

Even after 6 month course of antibiotics the treatment fails in up to 60% of cases.

does big pharma care?

do you care?

TB also kills us white people in white countries too you know but is not fashionable like aids so it is hardly mentioned.

inner thought remark:-

Oh no I thought only poor blacks and asians got tb.

I had no idea us superior white folk demi gods could get tb.

end of inner thought remark.

Maybe if more aids victims had tb too then it could get mentioned like T'baids with a new catchy name!

T'baids like T'pring or T'Pau. You get it?

lol ,lol ,lol

T'baids.

Or if a celebrity had tb.

I urge people with open minds to look at the vitamin d council website in google which shows mega doses up to 100000 i.u are tolerable.

Most supplanted foods only contain only up to 400 i.u.

no recorded cases exist of death by vitamin d as the body makes up to 10000 to 20000 per half hour full body exposure to high noon sun.

T'baids.

maybe i should tradmark this new name.

[edit on 30-5-2008 by esecallum]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   
People with aids do get TB

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by monkey_descendant
People with aids do get TB

I know but not enough of them.

Do you have aids?

What happened to that "treatment" they have wasted $6 billion on.

Amazing how a small group of vociferous people with a lifestyle which predisposes them to aids can steal so much money from more vital projects to fund their treatments for that lifestyle choice.

it is not fair.they choose the lifestyle let them pay for it.

join