It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Amazon tribe found.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I have just read on Yahoo news that a new found tribe in the Amazon basin was discovered that have had no outside contact.

Here is what I find puzzling.

Why have tribes like these, (and there have been many over the last century) that have not advanced since the stone age, yet the majority of the world has? In the 100,000 to 200,000 years we've been on this planet what changed this for the rest of the world population. It seems to me we had help from an unknown source. Or does the fact they are isolated from other tribal cultures some how stunted their technological and agricultural evolution?

What are your opinions?

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   
My opinion is that a topic like this was covered here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

As to your question, I believe that they have not evolved to a "more sophisticated" level because they do not need to. I mean, they have everything they need and have been surviving like that for the longest. Look at the Aboriginies of Australia for example. They probably have no desire to have a western influence on their culture. In my opinion they'd be better off without the corruption.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Maybe the answer lies in the type of society those natives are living in compared to the type we "grew up" in. What I mean is that those natives are a "hunter-gatherer" society, compared to an "agricultural" society that we were. Hunter-gatherer societies were small nomadic groups where survival was the focus of each individual, whereas agricultural societies became large communities, giving some people a chance to focus on other ideas besides worrying about food and shelter...

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Its too bad they cannot be left alone but sooner or later someone will contact them and they will suffer from disease exposure and "Hello" this is the world! trauma.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by gnosis111

I don't believe that they are the society that is stunted. It is proven that a tribe such as you describe is actually more liberated than we are in modern society, especially in reference to work. We on an average work 40 hours a week, they work at the most 20. Tribal societies such as these have the proper perspective as to what in life is valued. We could learn alot from them if we (referring to modern society) do not desimate them in the process of studying them.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
reply to post by gnosis111

I don't believe that they are the society that is stunted. It is proven that a tribe such as you describe is actually more liberated than we are in modern society, especially in reference to work. We on an average work 40 hours a week, they work at the most 20. Tribal societies such as these have the proper perspective as to what in life is valued. We could learn alot from them if we (referring to modern society) do not desimate them in the process of studying them.

Unfortunately following such a good life style would ultimately end in the destruction of mankind. Only with science and technology will we be able to survive as a species. Idealizing hunter-gatherers is good in a way, The noble savage concept doesn't take into account the many negative aspects of the lifestyle.

For those really, really interested in Hunter-Gatherers

[edit on 20/7/08 by Hanslune]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I think we should be ashamed of ourselves for considering denying modern knowledge and technology to these people. They may want healthcare and edumacation too!

new topics

top topics

join