It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistani boy 'killed by teacher'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Pakistani boy 'killed by teacher'

news.bbc.co.uk

A student of a religious seminary in Pakistan's Punjab province has died after he was punished by his teacher, police say.

Atif, seven, was hung upside down from a ceiling fan by Maulvi Ziauddin for not memorising his Koran lessons, his fellow students told the police.

Atif's condition deteriorated quickly and he died in the teacher's room. Maulvi Ziauddin has been arrested.

Human rights organisation say Pakistani children are often exposed to abuse.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   
This is truly shocking.

He was HUNG UPSIDE DOWN FROM A CEILING FAN! and died as a result in the teachers room, who apparently did not even feel the need to call for an ambulance, and then ran away - a clear sign that he knew he was in deep trouble.

Pakistan has pretensions of being a civilised nation and is a part time ally of the west - but this shows quite clearly that they have a long way to go.

Religious studies are fine - I have nothing against them whatever the religion.
This seems to go beyond religion and into the realms of sadism and abuse of power.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Oh my gosh!!! That is the sadness news. You broke my heart.

Well I will say he's in Heaven with God. Now his poor parents are left without their blessed son. How sad! They sent their child out to school in good faith they would see him again. Oh I feel so sorry for them.

I tell you this is an awful world we live in. There is no human compassion left at all!!!!

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Well I think this probably comes down to ignorance. I doubt if the cleric wanted to kill the kid, but he became far too creative with his punishments.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Anyone who has read my posts will realise that Im not a fan of Pakistan, but I must say that this was an isolated incident of criminal behaviour by the teacher and ought to be treated as such. I dont think this reflects the nature of Pakistan as a country, neither do they deserve to be tarred with this brush.

What they ought to be judged by is their long term support for terrorists in the region by harbouring them, running terrorist training camps and running cross border terrorist activities. These are the policies sanctioned by their government.

Lets give the Pakistani government a chance to enact their laws on this subject. If they fail to do so, then they are open to criticism. Otherwise I dont think its appropriate to conflate this isolated incident with the rest of pakistanis.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
One man's actions, however reprehensible, do not speak for the whole of a society. I would hope Pakistanis afford Americans that same line of reasoning when listening to George Dubbya speak.

Having said that, I think that "teacher" needs to take a swing on a ceiling fan himself. Violence towards children, for any reason, should never be acceptable.

EDIT: Spelling fix.

[edit on 04/03/2008 by blackbox]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by blackbox
One man's actions, however reprehensible, do not speak for the whole of a society. I would hope Pakistanis afford Americans that same line of reasoning when listening to George Dubbya speak.

Having said that, I think that "teacher" needs to take a swing on a ceiling fan himself. Violence towards children, for any reason, should never be acceptable.

EDIT: Spelling fix.

[edit on 04/03/2008 by blackbox]

Couldn't agree more. The teacher is a scumbag and deserves to be hung by the balls (failing that, time in a Pakistani prison will be more than acceptable). But one man =/= all of Pakistan.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
That is not fair.
A celing fan that can support the weight of a kid?

Why do the people in Pakistan get to have better ceiling fans than us people here in the states?

Oh, never mind, it's probably not "Made in China".

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shar

I tell you this is an awful world we live in. There is no human compassion left at all!!!!

No, it's a great world, but an awful news media.

There are countless stories of unselfishness, compassion, love, and kindness that go unreported everyday. Focus on what's good and don't be sucked into the MSM's obsession with what's evil.

Look for what's good in the world. You will find what you are looking for.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
That is not fair.

Why do the people in Pakistan get to have better ceiling fans than us people here in the states?

I bet Bin Laden would get us stronger ceiling fans, if we pledged alleigance to him. He's already offered to lower taxes in America, I think its worth negotiating over...

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rogue Element

Originally posted by Alxandro
That is not fair.

I bet Bin Laden would get us stronger ceiling fans, if we pledged alleigance to him. He's already offered to lower taxes in America, I think its worth negotiating over...

Great, just in time for the hot Summer months.
..and with Ubama as President the fans will be free.

top topics

join