It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Father Pfleger - Obama's THIRD pastor/advisor problem

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Wright to Moss to Pfleger. Wasn't that a triple play that ended the '36 World Series?

Seriously folks.... Mr. Obama has simply made acquaintences and allegiances on his way up the ladder, that now are proving a hindrance. It's no different than any other politics.

I know how such information will impact MY vote. We all must make our own decision.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I never seriously meant "You might be a racist" Flyer.I was simply trying to illustrate how easily it is to fall victim to people who shout "This guy's a racist!".

Pretty easy to nitpick here and there and label someone a racist.

Not as easy to be an American and let them have the right to spew whatever kind of speech they want.

All I have been trying to say is,do not let yourself become a part of the media's lynch mob.

They parade a "Controversy" in front of people,and naturally people like you say,"By jobe they're right! Let's get this guy,and Obama too....and anyone else they've ever associated with!".

The media is pulling the puppet string on these little scandals,swerving opinions to and fro at their own discretion.

I'm just saying snip those puppet strings,and don't be so quick to judge a man or his associates just because the media tells you to.

Cheers Ma'am,
Doc

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocGonzo

All I have been trying to say is,do not let yourself become a part of the media's lynch mob.

They parade a "Controversy" in front of people,and naturally people like you say,"By jobe they're right! Let's get this guy,and Obama too....and anyone else they've ever associated with!".

The media is pulling the puppet string on these little scandals,swerving opinions to and fro at their own discretion.

I'm just saying snip those puppet strings,and don't be so quick to judge a man or his associates just because the media tells you to.

There has been no media parade on anything negative regarding Obama. Everything that _would_ be a media frenzy on any other candidate is hardly covered by the media when it comes to Obama. They were not even going to cover this. I cannot imagine what else is out there when these people are being on their best behavior presently in hopes that Obama would have been elected president.

The "puppet strings" are attached to those who believe Obama is what he wants you to believe... and the mass media leads you to believe... while ignoring the facts.

This is undeniable, physical proof of Obamas choice in friends and what he is really constructed of. No accusations you make or names you call anyone will change what is witnessed.

If this were any of the other candidates lifelong church and friends... they would no longer have a career.. let alone be a presidential candidate.

And, alas, Obama has removed himself from that "church"...... that's not all he needs to remove himself from.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83
Just out of curiosity, why does Obama need so much spiritual advice in the first place?

He doesn't. He goes to church because in today's USA, you have to show some religious affiliation to get elected to national office.

And, like most people, he goes to the church he's gone to since he came to town. It's a well-known church here in Chi-town, and the people there are generally well-liked. They do their own thing and jump and holler but they don't cause any problems and do a LOT of good in the community. I've lived near churches in white parts of Rolla Missouri that are a whole lot scarier than Obama's church (or I should say "ex-church" since he has quit that congregation as of yesterday, and I don't blame him).

This Father Pfleger is also well-known in Chicago as a Catholic Priest who went a little off the rails because he saw so much poverty and racism here. He's a nut, but a harmless one who generally has done some good here among the poorest communities.

Does that answer your question?

If you're going to hate on a political figure, you're going to have to do a lot better than "If he's so smart, why does he go to church?" It's the media that uses terms like "Spiritual Leader", not Obama.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by vuoto
It's the media that uses terms like "Spiritual Leader", not Obama.

In obama's own words

The leader of a church is a 'spiritual leader'. That's just what they are.
When a person goes to that church leader for spiritual and personal advice, they are going to a spiritual leader.

That's just a fact.

THIS STORY exposes Obama's ties with Father Pfleger ... and the MONEY that's involved between the two.

[edit on 6/2/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I read a great comic today. It something along the lines of:

"Obama is a Muslim!"

"No wait, I got it, he's a Christian!"

"Ohhh, he's an atheist!" (referring to him moving away from his church)

It's all stupid.

I don't vote based off of religion or church affiliation. Now... if you have any statements that Obama himself has said... that's relevant.

[edit on 2-6-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Chicago Tribune Story

Looks like the idiot is set to return on June 16.
The bishop is a nudge ... a serious nudge.

Of course the parishioners there are happy to get their racist leader back.

Says one of them - 'he's a black Jesus STUCK in a white man's body' :shk: STUCK in a white mans body, like being white is a bad thing.

to the priest Pfleger
to the nudge of a bishop for not fixing the priest and the parish
to the anti-white bigots who go to his parish
to the anti-white bigots at Obama's church who loooove this idiot
to the fact that these anti-white bigots are getting away with it.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

" Father Pfleger "

he make be liked by many, and I can support his strangeness, but I think he is a fraud!

he's just another wolf in sheeps clothing.

if pastor fleger was honest, he'd be pounding the streets saving souls and getting the community to

police itself, instead of promoting more worthless controls by a system that is

not constitutional and is out of control, not to mention,way past brokenl.

sorry, but pastor fleger, is part of the problem, not part of the solution. because he is one of them,

and not one of us!

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Pfleger was back in the pulpit this week.
The Catholic Church fell down on it's job to protect Pflegers soul from himself.
It fell down on the job to protect the flock from the man too.

I don't know when this video was taken .. but I found it interesting ...

Video Here

Lovely accent.

And all those praises heaped on that racist idiot Farakhan!

God have mercy.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Pfleger was back in the pulpit this week.
The Catholic Church fell down on it's job to protect Pflegers soul from himself.
It fell down on the job to protect the flock from the man too.

Why isn't the IRS doing more to crack down on the tax-exempt status of churches that involve themselves in the election?

That's who's falling down on the job.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I deeply regret that as a Catholic Father Pfleger is allowed to continue his radical statements. I have understood that the popes for over a centrury have condemned radical links of politics and the Catholic religion. Why is this man still allowed to preach?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join