It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creationists Will Destroy ATS

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by riley
How this is ontopic: I must say I fine it interesting that you opted to take a side and attack me over this rather than being a neutral party. Congratulations on proving the existence of the fundie tag team.
While I do not like being the constant topic of conversation.. seems being so ironically proves the conspiracy outlined in the OP. People just can't stop bickering about me.

Matrix is not 'attacking you.'

Matrix is not a fundie.

Matrix is not even a Christian.

Matrix was giving you helpful advice that actually makes sense.

Matrix made no personal assault against you as a person.

Matrix can correct me if I am wrong but she said right above her comment to you that she believes there is a fundie tag team going on and was trying to share with you what she does in an effort to bring you some peace: Use the ignore feature.

If you don't like her suggestion then don't do it. But there is no reason to falsely accuse her of attacking you.

Matrix and I hardly agree on anything and I disagree with her opinion on this thread but she is entitled to it and what you are accusing her of is wrong.

[edit on 5/31/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
Athiest gangs, Christian gangs... reminds me of red shirts and blue shirts and gangsta mentality.

One thing I doubt in all of this is that any small group working in unison is going to bring down ATS. They may cause a dust-up or three in threads, but the reality is that the majority of the membership isn't interested in 'ganging up' nor the bickering which comes from it.

It's already been said in this thread that Creationism and Evolution are compatable and I agree with that. I can believe in the creation of this universe some billions of years ago and the life within this universe can evolve.

I'll take the purple shirt.

Masqua your analogy embarrasing as it might be to admit it does look like that. It looks very much like you say but I think it is also what is good for business if not anything else. This was something astyanax someone with a very sharp mind and considerable intelligence has been perceptive to see also or knows by experience. What is at stake may not seem like much to you but it is when you consider the influence this place has and the numbers of viewers that just lurk or come to read what is there.

I know how serious things get on gaming forums and I am sure the audience here is just as ardent a fan of one "gang" or another.

- Con

[edit on 30-5-2008 by Conspiriology]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

Originally posted by riley
How this is ontopic: I must say I fine it interesting that you opted to take a side and attack me over this rather than being a neutral party. Congratulations on proving the existence of the fundie tag team.
While I do not like being the constant topic of conversation.. seems being so ironically proves the conspiracy outlined in the OP. People just can't stop bickering about me.

OMG.

Matrix is not 'attacking you.'

Matrix is not a fundie.

Matrix is not even a Christian.

Matrix was giving you helpful advice that actually makes sense.

Matrix made no personal assault against you as a person.

Matrix can correct me if I am wrong but she said right above her comment to you that she believes there is a fundie tag team going on and was trying to share with you what she does in an effort to bring you some peace: Use the ignore feature.

If you don't like her suggestion then don't do it. But there is no reason to falsely accuse her of attacking you.

LOL Ashley? Riley and you still going toe to toe?
I am no fan of matrix or riley but have defended riley when I thought Mr Chick was on her neck so to speak.

Ash is right on this one Riley, Matrix isn't a Christian, hell I don't know what she is exactly but she wasn't attacking you.

here I thought the only ongoing fight card was Madness and Myself but the Riley vs Ashley action has me calling my bookie.

Don't worry ash, I'd bet it all on you

- Con

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Congratulations to Astyanax. This thread is the finest example of religious intolerance and bigotry I have ever seen posted on ATS. Granted I'm fairly new here, but quite frankly, I love this thread because it exposes the fact that the atheist religion is by far more intolerant than the theist.

Da Führer Astyanax has an extremely exaggerated sense of self importance if he thinks we talk about him much more than a few chuckles. I have Christian friends and non Christian friends here. After all the Bible says you will know us by "our love for each other". So you just prove the Bible true with your observation. We are connected by Gods Holy Spirit which indwells us. There is no organized plan other than God Almighty's.

originally posted by Da Führer
FTists lived in an intellectual ghetto, their ideas derided, their company despised by 'normal' folk. The topics they loved to talk and read and wrangle about were given short shrift in the media. Coverage was restricted to brainless tabloid sensationalism and the occasional silly-season story in a respectable newspaper or magazine. Once in a while there would be a documentary on television, usually quite sceptical in its treatment of the subject.

This is awesome hypocrisy. It is so damn ironic isn't it? I have never seen any religious person call for the elimination of evolutionists or atheists from ATS. I am a Christian and I study UFOs, 911, the Illuminati, military industrial complex.

Get a clue: The Bible is the original source of the NWO conspiracy theory. Hmmmm - maybe that's why the atheist want to suppress the Bible?

Their true colors are shining through their lab-masks of scientific impartiality. Ben Stein's "Expelled" movie has exposed that creationist and ID proponents are the fringe theorists. It's creationist who are being discriminated against. ID is not allowed in schools. Now Da Führer Astyanax wants the origins discussion eliminated here at ATS as well.

What's wrong with debate and discussion? What happened to peer review?

What happened to logic, reason and skepticism?

Unless you have something to hide that is?

And that is the real issue.

Fear of exposure.

[edit on 5/30/2008 by Bigwhammy]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Once again I am asking you to discuss the topic and not individual members. So, please, do try and stick to the topic.

FYI, conspirology, per the ATS stats page:

Aliens & UFOs 361,899 8.4 % 18,046 5.2 % 20:1
Breaking Alternative News 354,391 8.2 % 21,055 6.1 % 17:1
General Chit Chat 211,573 4.9 % 13,105 3.8 % 16:1
War On Terrorism 209,818 4.9 % 13,985 4.1 % 15:1
9/11 Conspiracies 143,463 3.3 % 4,472 1.3 % 32:1
Other Current Events 138,143 3.2 % 10,739 3.1 % 13:1
Paranormal Studies 126,946 3 % 7,207 2.1 % 18:1
General Conspiracy Discussion 111,092 2.6 % 7,296 2.1 % 15:1
ATS Skunk Works 109,771 2.6 % 3,626 1.1 % 30:1
Conspiracies in Religions 107,975 2.5 % 3,809 1.1 % 28:1

CiR is not quite the second most popular section on the site.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy
I love this thread because it exposes the fact that the atheist religion is by far more intolerant than the theist.

Originally posted by Bigwhammy
Da Führer Astyanax has an extremely exaggerated sense of self importance

Atheist's are intolerant and in your next breath you compare the OP to Hitler (actually the third time that you have done so in this thread i think).

Thank you for the laugh.

XL5

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I did skip alot of posts, as they are mostly just back and forth's "for-eve-err". I agree to the 4th option and will ignore ANYTHING that seems like "blind faith", like alot of the 911 threads that don't have anything to do with God. Same with the "I know the secret of gravity" thread where the author has "blind faith" in him self so much so that NO NEW info will be looked at, thus, no differing veiws, THUS, no open discussion.

Sure life may have been seeded, but it evolves as well but it is wrong to go into a sci. thread about animals using tools and start calling people ignorant because they choose to believe in evolution. Its just as bad as people from the mid. east coming here (Can/US) and killing CHRISTmas. Who cares if its a Pegan holiday, the Pegans are more or less gone and if people have fun and love by thinking its origins are more holy OR just like the gifts. Who are they to want to ruin someones fun and love even if its just a tiny bit wrong?

Plan 5 may work even better though, mods should let this thread become as unruly as it wants, so that all the blind faithfulls are trapped by thier hate in the lower pits of "all your creationists will DESTROY ATS!!!!"

Take off every blind for great justice!

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sinema

I guess you don't know history very well. Its the exact same language - so it was a fair comparison. The Ops message amounts to...

"Creationist are inferior people."

" If we allow them to continue to post here - it will destroy ATS."

"Get rid of creationists"

Replace Creationist with Jew and it sounds exactly like Hitler.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
The very existence of this thread is a classic example of intolerance, which ironically, is the very thing that the nonreligious love to accuse the Christians of.

The funny thing is that many of the people here who seem to worship science really don't know all that much about the science they claim to believe in. Get a basic high school level understanding of biology, read a few books by some guy named Dick Dawkins, and all of a sudden they think they're experts on the origins of the universe. Thats friggin' amazing.

Don't get me wrong, I know there are some here who do have real experience in ways of science. But it seems to me they are the exception. Not the rule. Most of them wouldn't know a big bang if they crashed their car in to a science lab!!! Most of them have to rely on the same type of faith that Christians have in creationism. I'm not trying to dis anybody who believes in non-theistic evolution. I'm just sayin'.

The fact that they want the opposing side of the ongoing debate to be silenced just smacks of insecurity. And it borders on hate speech.

The bottom line is this. I am a Christian. But I want to hear and understand other points of view. That is why I come here to ATS. I like to read the debates and understand where both sides are coming from...no matter what the subject is. Its called denying ignorance. That is the point of ATS. Seems to me that trying to silence the opposing view would promote ignorance rather than deny it.

Im just sayin'...

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by riley

Hi, Riley. I should like to remind people that your original contribution to this thread is absolutely correct. The O&C Conspiracy forum was created to discuss the conspiracy by creationists to have their ideas taught in American schools, and generally to promote them in society. Skeptic Overlord's original post on the thread announcing the forum opening makes that quite clear.

Over the past year, with the evangelically charged U.S. election, the creationism movement has gained new momentum along with an increase in posts here on ATS. From a purely objective standpoint, the issue of an organized group seeking to diminish or replace a widely accepted scientific topic with one of pure philosophy and faith fits the description of a "conspiracy".

Your bête noire is doing the old creationist dance again: I call it the Twist.

Thank you for your kind words about this thread.

My thanks also, to everyone else who has been complimentary about the thread and my earlier posts on it.

Special thanks to Skyfloating, whose fairmindedness and ability to separate content from intent I have come greatly to admire in recent months.

To The Nighthawk, I wanted to add to your star collection but that facility doesn't always work for me. This is just to say that I agree with what you said in your first post and that my own position as a poster is very much the same as yours. We have had some fairly heated arguments in the past, you and I, but our political differences do not obscure for me the fact that you are someone who brings important and valuable ideas to this board.

To the person who thanked me for the 'u2u invite': I didn't u2u you. Are you suggesting that I started this thread as an invitation for people to u2u me and say they agreed with or approved of it? Well, you're probably correct. Freud said that writers write for 'fame, money and the love of women'. Actually, you can keep the money; I'll take the women.

Finally, a word to those who say that I advocate banning or persecuting creationists:

I do not advocate banning or persecuting anybody.

I made this clear in the third part of the OP.

I have never used my Ignore button, as far as I can remember.

I have never yet complained to a moderator about the behaviour of any poster, though I have been given ample occasion to do so by our creationist friends.

I believe in liberty of thought. What I object to above all is the absence of thought. That is why I would like to see the repetition of the same tired old creationist arguments curtailed. If this happened, it would force both the creationists and the rationalists to move forward, and the quality of discussion (or polemic, to use a term The Nighthawk might prefer) on ATS would improve.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

... un ...lien....able.... rights !!! ( No liens )

Sieg Heil means = hail to victory !

I sure enjoy reading these posts here, you guys are so eloquent.
I can clearly feel your deep desire for truth, the truth is loud & clear
within you, what you feel, your intuitions, follow them, for that is all you
got in life, mostly it is holograghic illusions - the world outside
but if you stay true to yourself you can't go wrong, then the miracles of
life will unfold & astound you.

Here is the truth as it stands at this very moment in history;
go to this site & discover: www.worldreports.org...

I might never again fall into this site, as i feel too much dis-info in here,
i seek faster smell a rat instantly now no time to waste anylonger with
trivial chatter, to devide us and keep us entertained, while they do their
atrocities

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Mad_Hatter

I'm born again charismatic believer, do NOT believe the earth is 6000 years old, read the bible, think for myself, say what I think, make no apologies, consider the ID theory very logical, am willing to hear people out even when they gang up and sound like a bunch of racist fools which they often do on the political threads - have an interest in may things fringe, am a pro musician, grandmother, senior citizen with an edge - and I suspect that other believers on this site are just as varied and experienced of the world as anyone - so your views truly represent an exceedingly narrow minded perspective -

But I forgive you

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ringels

... un ...lien....able.... rights !!! ( No liens )

Sieg Heil means = hail to victory !

Do you think you are correcting me?

The term inalienable rights (or unalienable rights) refers to a theoretical set of individual human rights that by their nature cannot be taken away, violated, or transferred from one person to another. They are considered more fundamental than alienable rights, such as rights in a specific piece of property.

Inalienable (Individual) Rights are: natural rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. They are the most fundamental set of human rights, natural means not-granted nor conditional. They are applicable only to humans, as the basic necessity of their survival.
en.wikipedia.org...

My view is that advocating that creationists are ruining ATS is effectively saying we need to stop them from posting -what else could it mean??- that is advocating raking their natural right to free expression in my book.

I know what Sieg Heil means - it's who it was used to salute- it's called satire?

[edit on 5/31/2008 by Bigwhammy]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Well simply stated, look how bad this thread has broken down. I agree with the OP, religion is dragging ATS down. I was a lurker for a while before i signed up. It seems like theres always one cyclic debate or another going on ABOUT THE SAME THING. This really has to end, because both sides have trouble staying out, and as much as i hate it i often end up reading the threads as well. I wont take a side, but this "war" is disenchanting.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tenebrous
Well simply stated, look how bad this thread has broken down. I agree with the OP, religion is dragging ATS down. I was a lurker for a while before i signed up. It seems like theres always one cyclic debate or another going on ABOUT THE SAME THING. This really has to end, because both sides have trouble staying out, and as much as i hate it i often end up reading the threads as well. I wont take a side, but this "war" is disenchanting.

And both sides will continue to debate the same thing until the second coming. Deal with it.

If you don't like the religious debates, then don't read them. Pretty simple huh?

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
All religions are man made. It is all good to believe in creationism, but to put all your faith in some made up fairy tale (the bible) in this day and age, is hilarious. Come on now guys, do you really believe this jesus guy turned water into wine and is returning to earth to save us??? Anyone like to make a prediction when??? Religion has been holding the human race down for thousands of years. The sooner it is left behind the better.

peace

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I hold a firm belief in creation. I also believe in God the father, almighty, creator of heaven and earth. I am not a fool blinded by faith. I understand that there are forces in this word that NOONE can understand. I know there are unspeakable horrors and challenges that the world will face before this game ends.

The NWO is far too real, aliens very well may be lurking and are just another one of god's creations that he chose not to tell us about.

I cannot even begin to express all the mess in my mind. I never thought as a 10 year old kid in church that I would end up with blood on my hands in the service of my country but I did and I understand that has NOTHING to do with god.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by vehemes terra eternus
All religions are man made. It is all good to believe in creationism, but to put all your faith in some made up fairy tale (the bible) in this day and age, is hilarious. Come on now guys, do you really believe this jesus guy turned water into wine and is returning to earth to save us??? Anyone like to make a prediction when??? Religion has been holding the human race down for thousands of years. The sooner it is left behind the better.

peace

Yes. I do believe in the miracles that Jesus did. So what? Does that make me ignorant? Does that make me delusional? Does that make me gullible? Do you think I'm brainwashed?

Be careful before answering any of those questions. You just might find yourself guilty of the same kind of hate speech that the nonreligious like to accuse Christians of.

And what exactly do you think religion has been holding the human race back from? Seems to me that the more we "evolve" away from religion, the more grey and colorless the world becomes.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Creationist vs Evolutionist.

A 15 rd. battle for the Champeenship of the Worllllllld. Live tonight on PPV.

Forgive me if I find this a little silly...

ATS is certainly big enough to handle both ideas, or theories, or whatever you want to call 'em.

Very few people here espouse the silly notion that the Earth is 6000 yrs. old. Almost as few in the "real world". To say its a discredited notion is to understate the case. Oh there are a few websites that advocate it, but then again, you can probably find a website or blog that advocates just about anything.

I believe in God. I also find the notion of evolution fits into the notion of God letting things go as they will. The two theories are not mutually exclusive...

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join