It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creationists Will Destroy ATS

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   

The first page of this thread is a brilliant little microcosmic picture of what's going wrong with ATS and the world.

It is not what is going wrong with the world. It is just what is naturally happening to the world. Mitosis! The world is dividing into those who believe in God and those who don't. It is like light and darkness. They cannot occupy the same space at the same time.
Everyone is yelling at the other side, that they must compromise their convictions. But it has reached a final frontier! A fronter of NO compromise.
So we shall see. What the final outcome is.
The only way out, that I see. If we are all ready to admit how foolish we are; and not be so dogmatic about are convictions. But as long as one side keeps pounding the other side. Insisting that their view is, right, correct and fact. That it is the only view that public funds should support. The only view that should be voiced in public.
Then we have a big problem!

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Howie47

One thng to add....

One side use the Truth to speak about.... Faith

One side use evidents to speak about.... Sceince

That is the division, we can combine them and unite so we can find the source. As long as we keep divinity up then there will be none.

I am a sceintist, I am child of God. I am Human, I am a Spiritual Being.

I had multiple lives and have never died. I controlled multiple bodies that have died.

It is possible and the Sceince explains the physical world and faith explains the spiritual world. To get a true understand you need to know both becuase they effect each other.

The way the world is at this time is sceince and evidents which is keeping us from true technology. Things are unexplained. The way the world is right now is spiritual but we do not understand that part because we can not figure out some of the physical sceince. But the world is going to change like nothing you have ever seen before.

We need to understand both because they interact.

The Aliens in the conspiracies seem to know this?? Why don't we try....

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Howie47
reply to post by intrepid

No but I think it SHOULD run without antagonism, condesention and, in some cases, outright hostility.

That would be nice. But we are all only human. If we start passing judgement, (to much). Who will be the judge?

As far as ATS is concerned, the staff. Everything else I'd say that would be God, from a deists perspective. I'm not giving up where I stand on this.
I like the neutrality.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   

ATS is NOT about debate, at least not from what I have seen.

It is about being a champion for one's reality and taking on all comers.
reply to post by The Nighthawk

To many posters here, let their minds get run away, with their emotions.
I don't think your judgment on this is unequivocal.
Do you realy think EVERY one posting here, has a concreted mind?
That they refuse to let ANYONE else in, with any appossing views?
I don't think so.
But that doesn't mean that there is not a line drawn in the sand. Maybe some have found a bit of rock solid truth. If they have. Would you have them forsake it. For the cause of false unity? Think about it.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   

I like the neutrality.
reply to post by intrepid

If you don't mind sitting on picket fences, that is your business. Personally, I find it rather uncomfortable.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   

One side use the Truth to speak about.... Faith
reply to post by uknow_me72

One side use evidents to speak about.... Sceince

There we go again. My moral ground is higher then your moral ground.
Sorry, one liner!

Actually uknow_me72, I argree with your post. Science and faith can be put togeather. That is one of my purposes here.

[edit on 30-5-2008 by Howie47]

[edit on 30-5-2008 by Howie47]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Dude... who pissed you off?

-pets-

It's gonna be okay...

It's gonna be okay...

Last time I checked this was a .... ermm... alternative topics website...?

Not that I bothered READING all that but ehhh... damn... you've got some spark.

Ever thing of contributing to bull sh... I mean... politics?

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Marg said it well.

I for one hardly ever agree with the viewpoints of marg (sorry about that marg
) for example, none the less I respect her and consider her a friend here on ATS. Should her viewpoints be stifled because I don't agree with them? No. As others have said, if your view is supported by enough evidence, what difference does it matter to you that others will still disagree with your conclusions. Can't you just agree to disagree?

The topic of Creationism is one of those "you will never really be able to prove" topics. There is enough there for each side to think they are correct in their belief and facts from either side will not sway the other. I can think of numerous topics like this on ATS and that in fact is one of the things I enjoy about ATS. Not very fun to debate someone who agrees with you, now is it? You viewpoint should be able to withstand any argument / criticism from the other side if it is to be considered valid.

[edit on 30-5-2008 by pavil]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Oh - My - God.....

More useless dribble on ATS.

What a title for a post. The only thing that will destroy ATS is ATS.

Look at the number of posts about "disclosure" "smoking gun" "real proof" and "anti American - Evil government" stuff.

Blah, Blah, Blah.....

ATS has become the same old dribble. Nothing proven, nothing "exposed" it has become laughable.

The same old threads worded differently, the same old arguments with no proof or evidence of anything at all.

Long Live ATS....

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Interesting story, but I disagree with the conclusion. Rather than ATS being destroyed, I predict it will maintain some kind of steady-state where the number of creationists will be some relatively constant fraction of the total number of posters. Because I strongly suspect their main reason for being here is to argue. If the board was full of nothing but creationists I think they would get very bored. I'm no creationist, but I know I'd be extremely bored if everyone generally agreed with me.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Mad_Hatter

I would also like to add the point that there is a difference between people that seek the true origins of our creation and the people that are bible thumping across ATS. I'm all for seeking the truth, but not the "push your religious views on everyone" people.

Thank you! I am a creationist but am not religious and certainly not evangelical! That to me is the big difference. And yes, they do gang up together and form a posse that is belligerent, arrogant and childish and when they slam someone - everyone on their team stars them!

It is like being back in junior high. I have chosen to ignore where necessary as they are on a mission it would seem, to discount everyone in their path, and usually in an unkind way. I have also noticed some belligerent atheists but not as many as the evangelical.

I don't go to Christian sites to bug them and have asked them why they come here?

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by riley

AGAIN: AshleyD: You know we do not get along. I have asked you to leave me alone several times before but I will try again: Please show some restraint and maturity and DO NOT speak to me.. I have had ENOUGH.

What is the solution???? You know how wonderful it is to ignore someone who you cannot see eye to eye on and only bickering results? PUSH the IGNORE BUTTON! It is codependent to do otherwise.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MatrixProphet

I have seen arrogance, teaming up, stars and flags like in junior high, here on this thread.
Atheists inviting each other here as well.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

Well, I guess the answer is to ignore the children, regardless of which team they are on!

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MatrixProphet
What is the solution???? You know how wonderful it is to ignore someone who you cannot see eye to eye on and only bickering results? PUSH the IGNORE BUTTON! It is codependent to do otherwise.

I would be thrilled if such a thing ever happened. Something tells me it won't, though. Some people seem to thrive on 'abuse.' Please note I put 'abuse' in quotes because in that member's case the abuse and personal attacks are imagined.

Edited to add: For instance, notice a few comments below the same member now accuses you of personally attacking them due to the fact you suggested they put me on ignore. It doesn't matter that you even agreed with their view regarding the fundies- you simply talked to them therefore you were attacking them.

Originally posted by Clearskies
I have seen arrogance, teaming up, stars and flags like in junior high, here on this thread.
Atheists inviting each other here as well.

Exactly. I even asked for evidence and exposed one particular accusation as a lie earlier. Wouldn't you know it, I never got an answer to my request for evidence. Not to be a drama queen- I just hate false accusations.

In all honesty, this thread really exposed the intentions of those who claim to be superior and even minded yet are using strong arm tactics by literally asking for mod intervention to silence opposing views. Yet we're the bullies? We're the ones 'destroying ATS?' I could go on but really don't see the point. It's just sad that people listen to the accusations simply because it is said long enough and loud enough. Frankly, I'm tired of the atheist anti-ATS sob threads.

There's literally maybe ten vocal, daily active creationists on here. That's just enough to fit us on one's ignore list if our beliefs truly are that unbearable.

[edit on 5/31/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Athiest gangs, Christian gangs... reminds me of red shirts and blue shirts and gangsta mentality.

One thing I doubt in all of this is that any small group working in unison is going to bring down ATS. They may cause a dust-up or three in threads, but the reality is that the majority of the membership isn't interested in 'ganging up' nor the bickering which comes from it.

It's already been said in this thread that Creationism and Evolution are compatable and I agree with that. I can believe in the creation of this universe some billions of years ago and the life within this universe can evolve.

I'll take the purple shirt.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

Thanks Pavil, I also has grown to appreciate your point of view, one of the greatest things about ATS is the variety of issues and point of views.

But is an old say out there, if you want to keep a friend never talk about religion or politics

Sadly they are the two best topics to debate on and on and on for a life time.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MatrixProphet
reply to post by riley

AGAIN: AshleyD: You know we do not get along. I have asked you to leave me alone several times before but I will try again: Please show some restraint and maturity and DO NOT speak to me.. I have had ENOUGH.

It is indeed MY choice whether or not to put someone on ignore and not doing so does not make personal attacks my own fault. I don't like the ignore button.. and If I am publically accused of things I need to be able to SEE them to defend myself [like I am doing yet again].

How this is ontopic: I must say I fine it interesting that you opted to take a side and attack me over this rather than being a neutral party. Congratulations on proving the existence of the fundie tag team.
While I do not like being the constant topic of conversation.. seems being so ironically proves the conspiracy outlined in the OP. People just can't stop bickering about me.

Again.. great thread Astyanax.

[edit on 30-5-2008 by riley]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates

Originally posted by Mad_Hatter
Christians are the main ones ranting and raving in this thread...
Again putting 2 cents in where it is not needed.

I never mentioned Christians since that wasn't the topic. The only group I spoke of was Creationists. I don't know why you would try to change the subject. This is sort of a deflect and distract tactic isn't it? Go back and read my post and point out where I mentioned Christians because I don't see it.

Are you implying that only Christians are Creationists?

Oh you bet they are dbates, but this thread asty has come up with is just more of the same thing we see from Atheists attempting to gain back there hallowed ground.

Astyanax was the very reason I spent several months away from this place after a debate I had with him about calvinist's like myself.

Back then the CiR threads were ruled by Atheist's with their big guns coming into each and every thread shutting down confused Christians / Creationists. I say it that way because I think dbates is dead on with his question they use the term christian / creationist semantically and Asty has used the term presumptuously often enough there is no question that dbates inquiry is one they cannot deny. Having said that, I don't think anyone has a problem with it unless they are NOT a Christian or not a Creationist per-se.

Frankly, I was expecting a thread like this sooner or later from this very individual but their is a divisiveness to it and I am not talking about the positive affirmations made about Simon Gray.

The CiR is now the second busiest part of ATS, but Asty's suggestion this is due to the disenchantment of what he calls FT's leaving is not exactly true and he isn't bothered by that either. In spite of his denial regarding any positive affirmations brought about by Creationist OR Christians, Asty has chosen to write about something that has happened as a result of those same Christians he calls creationists.

This is about turf and nothing more.

ATS is not only healthy, it is thriving moreover I will make the assertion that it is the very people he claims are killing ATS that have made the CiR threads the second most popular threads at ATS.

Not only is asty right about some of the offline efforts to get reinforcements but he is right about the offline organization too.

That is just scratching the surface however.

In spite of my shyness and meek posting style, I spoke quite candid of a turf war here where I was determined as many others to come back and change the demographics of membership here and myspace. Not only that but to force Evolutionist / Atheists to earn their time on threads with a few of our own strategies not to mention giving them a taste of their own. That taste is still in there mouths as what I see as the reason for this thread. Basically it is fear of loss asty is hiding behind the guise of his concern for ATS when what it really is about is his losing battle with creationists and a much kinder gentler Christian / Creationist who no longer back down from people who portray themselves as Scientists having gullible Christians thinking they are any smarter anymore intelligent than those who pose as Science officiandos when they are anything but Scientific.

Snail mails to garner more memberships using the Church and it's finacial influence isn't something beneath us, in fact I would admit being involved in such schemes myself if no others do. It's called referals of like minded individuals and a needed augmentation to the Evolutionists who still out number us.

Their is no shame in my game when it comes to what astyanx stands for and what I oppose.

I am a creationist dogmatic as hell and a devout Christian who defends my worldview as close minded as asty denies being closed minded and dogmatic about his.

This is nothing more than a spin off of an experiment tried before by a Christian where we saw Atheists defending something other than an attack on Atheism but just to see who would come out of the woodwork.

Like most threads where you can actually see a theme in the messages of groups or strategies as asty suggests with his tag team allegation, I saw that going on with Atheist / Evolutionists long ago even if some deny it, there is no question that the Atheist's and Evolution are attached at the hip. Not being one to create threads for reasons I won't disclose at this time, someone DID. It was regarding the gullibility of specific tenets of Evolution by someone who could match wits and intelligence with the best of the so called scientific community. She is a Christian Apologist an area of Christianity that has grown exponentially to offset the attack on religion that was rampant on ATS and she is one of the best I have ever had the pleasure of knowing.

AshleyD's thread "the gulibillity of Evolution was just getting underway when it was suggested we tweak the threads topic to exploit suspicions we had always thought existed but never could substantiate using ATS as a benchmark. Many others I believe asty would mention by name if he wasn't so concerned about being polite not dragging there names through the mud are, in his words "notorious" and while he has been facetious saying anything good about them, it is I beleive those creationists he is talking about and those Christians I am referring too. I don't think anyone tag teams on either side of the fence but I am certain there are close friendships off ATS that discuss threads and post there or who their best friends are and most dreaded foes.

This isn't about Astyanax concern for ATS,, this is just another clever attempt by the slick one himself to get rid of those confounded new breed of Christian Creationists by hook or crook or even wild theories about creationists destroying ATS. Astyanax,

Good Luck with that.

- Love Con

[edit on 30-5-2008 by Conspiriology]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join