It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA exposed - Do NOT miss these videos!

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
If we never went to the moon how do you explain that any observatory in the world can look at the surface of the moon and still see the landing module they left that there you know as well as the flag ? hmm let me guess the government put a giant picture on the moon oh wait they would have had to been there to do that as well come on people you seriously cannot think that we never went to the moon. not only was the russians monitoring transmissions but just about every other country in the world and im sorry im not willing to believe they were all to stupid to figure out where a transmision was comming from or how to use a telescope.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
If we never went to the moon how do you explain that any observatory in the world can look at the surface of the moon and still see the landing module they left that there you know as well as the flag ?

Please show me ONE SUCH PHOTO FROM ANY OBSERVATORY..

Thanks

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

It's impossible to see any of the Apollo items on the moon with any existing ground or Earth-orbiting telescope. This comes up often, and I believe calculations show you'd need a telescope with a 100 meter primary mirror to see it. The current largest telescope in the world is just over 10 meters.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I think the best resolution aquired by any telescope is 115m/pixel give or take a few.....

now if you can see a LEM decent stage in a pixel I'd be suprised....

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
No Earth based or space based telescope can image any equipment left on the Moon.

For example, the Hubble's primary mirror is 2.4 m wide. Not as big as many ground-based telescopes, but being in space it doesn't have to contend with the atmosphere.

Hubble's WFPC2 is the telescope's main camera. The Wide Field and Planetary Camera 2 (WFPC2) is behind most of the famous Hubble pictures. It doesn't use film to record its images. Instead, it collect information from stars and galaxies to make photographs with the help of four pieces of high-tech circuitry called Charge-Coupled Devices (CCDs)

That said, Hubble’s resolution is 0.06 arc-seconds. Looking at the Earth from a distance of 600 km, it can resolve objects as small as 30 cm. Looking at the Moon from 375,000 km, it can resolve objects as small as 360 m. So you can’t see those moon buggies and flags! Only features not smaller than the size of three football fields!

[edit on 4-6-2008 by mikesingh]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Inceptor
So...the videos show up on ATS, and all of a sudden the Astro-NOT clip goes missing along with it's producer?

What exactly are you trying to imply? Even Luna's "PR Manager" ziggystar says it was a family emergency, not that they "went missing." And do you really think there's any truth whatsoever to the "astro-not" clip?

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I would never ever EVER post a video claiming anything unless I was sure about what I was talking about, and in the video where you claim the astronaut says "FRANK" he is VERY clearly saying "THING."

I wanted to watch the last one but it has been removed.

Also the other videos are very clearly Paradolia. While there may be something up there, it isn't what is proclaimed in these videos. All we have here once again is a very very large stretch of the imagination which is clear by the video creator's making words from words which do not exist.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Inceptor
So...the videos show up on ATS, and all of a sudden the Astro-NOT clip goes missing along with it's producer?

Yeah it's a total conspiracy. As a matter of fact all 1,000,000 videos on youtube about the moon and how we faked everything have disappeared and the creators have been destroyed.

Better yet the guy took the video down, if you would read for one minute you'd know that.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocksarerocks While there may be something up there, it isn't what is proclaimed in these videos.

So what IS up there then?

As to videos rule #1 If you see a good one save a copy BEFORE posting at ATS or anywhere... that way when "they" make them go away you still have a copy

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
No Earth based or space based telescope can image any equipment left on the Moon.

Well now that is a blanketing statement

But more to the point... THEY WON"T TRY

I contacted the 200 inch scope at Mt Palomar...

Here is his response..

Hi Ron,

I haven't seen any images of the Moon from Palomar either. It is possible that some were taken long ago, but astronomers would rather explore the Moon with spacecraft and use the big telescopes for observing much, much fainter objects.

Clear skies,

Scott

W. Scott Kardel
Public Affairs Coordinator, Palomar Observatory
Telephone: (760) 742-2111
E-mail: [email protected]
WWW:www.palomar-observatory.org

A while back someone was making arrangements with one in Bulgaria... we never heard from him again... I am curious to hear what happened that was last November

Now the Lick observatory has some really interesting ones taken with the 36" refractor that shows an anomaly in 1946... that reappeared in a later image.. but all their archive photos are in Santa Cruz and are accessible only by appointment... and even then they will only let you see the historical photos, not any of the Moon

Even at the Observatory there are only a few images of the Moon shown in the Gallery and they are very poor... except one poster they sell... that just happens to show the anomaly

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   

A while back someone was making arrangements with one in Bulgaria... we never heard from him again... I am curious to hear what happened that was last November

I remember getting excited about that but then nothing happened. I wonder what happened to that guy also.

Back on those transcripts about the discussion they had on the darkside of the moon, am I the only one who find them more interesting then the pictures and whatnot?

If those transcripts shown in the movie are real, then is that not proof that they actually saw and heard some weird and unexplainable things up there?

Well since I am far from an expert on this subject maybe I am making a big deal out of nothing.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Vordul Megallah

The transcripts are real. You can read them yourself:

www.jsc.nasa.gov...

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I thought this was a good thread but its just another one of those threads from youtube. Turns out the astroNAUT was in the suit.

as for the Egypt pharaoh, a rock that has a minscule similarity, thats all..just look at it..increase the image, dont zoom.

try taking a look at other images on the nasa website..in high resolution.
you may find interesting things...someone found tubes on a crater one time.

amazing stuff.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Now the Lick observatory has some really interesting ones taken with the 36" refractor that shows an anomaly in 1946... that reappeared in a later image.

Even at the Observatory there are only a few images of the Moon shown in the Gallery and they are very poor... except one poster they sell... that just happens to show the anomaly

Now what is that anomaly? Can you post a pic? Seems interesting! And then, as you said, the Moon images taken from ground based telescopes suck! Eureka!!

[edit on 4-6-2008 by mikesingh]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Welcome big mike! Read your post and I thought I would just add this to the discussion. It turns out that ground-based telescopes can observe meteorites hitting the moon. It happens more often than many might think. Nasa astronomers have now seen over a hundred of these bright flashes. There's a couple threads about it but they weren't very productive... It's interesting nonetheless.

science.nasa.gov...

Just goes to show what some people might be called crazy for seeing in the past eventually do become vindicated by scientific discoveries which challenge the status quo.

It's funny how the article actually states:

May 21, 2008: Not so long ago, anyone claiming to see flashes of light on the Moon would be viewed with deep suspicion by professional astronomers. Such reports were filed under "L" … for lunatic.

Not anymore.

-ChriS

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
For all those who dont believe and alwys deny things like this, i will ask them to say 1 thing to give 1 valid reason for NASA not to lie about anything and be completely clean towards the public.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh

Now what is that anomaly? Can you post a pic? Seems interesting!

Well yes it is interesting and I have posted the Lick image before John brought it up about page two of the moon thread
But as happens a lot it slipped under the rug

And the second one I need to scan the poster but am trying to get date and image number... got a contact at the Lick now so I will put it up as soon as I get the info on image two

Patience is a virtue... so they say

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by BlasteR

Yup and NASA use to say "corona effect" and now they say "moon fountains with levitating dust"

But meteorite flash does not account for this...

1788 Sep 26 Near Aristarchus; 30 min Bright spot 26" N of main crater Schroter Rozier 1788, 1792; Schroter 1791

Nor this...

1788 Dec 2, 5:35 am Aristarchus Extraordinarily bright, like star Schroter Schroter 1791

Heck here is the whole list....

1650 Aristarchus "Red Hill." Mons Porphyrites Hevelius B.A.A. Lunar Sec. Circa. 1967, 2, No 8

1784 Aristarchus Nebulous bright spot of light Schroter Schroter 1791
1785 Aristarchus Nebulous bright spot of light Schroter Schroter 1791
1786 Dec 24 Aristarchus Extraordinarily bright Schroter Schroter 1791
1787 May 19-20 Aristarchus Extraordinarily bright von Bruhl Bode 1790; Schroter 1791; Herschel 1912
1788 Apr 9 Aristarchus; 1 hr Extraordinarily bright Bode Bode 1792b
1788 Apr 9-11 Aristarchus Bright spot 26" N of crater rim Schroter, Bode Schroter 1789, 1791, 1792a, 1792b
1788 Sep 26 Near Aristarchus; 30 min Bright spot 26" N of main crater Schroter Rozier 1788, 1792; Schroter 1791
1788 Dec 2, 5:35 am Aristarchus Extraordinarily bright, like star Schroter Schroter 1791

1824 May 1 Near Aristarchus Blinking light, 9th to 10th mag.. on dark side Gobel Gobel 1826
1824 Oct 18 Aristarchus, vicinity Mingling of all kinds of colors in small spots in the W and NW of Aristarchus Gruithuisen Gruithuisen 1824; Fauth 1899
1825 Apr 22 Aristarchus and vicinity Periodic illumination Argelander, Gobel Argelander 1826, Gobel 1826
1866 Jun 10 Aristarchus Star like light Tempel Denning, Tel.Work p.121
1866 Jun 14-16 Aristarchus, vicinity Reddish yellow Tempel Tempel 1867
1866 Dark side Bright spots Hodgson Hodgson 1866
1867 Apr 9, 19h30m - 21h00m Aristarchus, vicinity; 1 hr 30 min Bright spot on dark side, 7th mag., becoming fainter after 20h15m UT Elger Elger 1868
1867 Apr 12, 07h30m - 08h30m Aristarchus, vicinity; 1 hr Bright spot on dark side, 7th mag.. Elger Webb 1962
1867 May 6-7 Aristarchus; at least several hours each night Left side of crater, very bright luminous point, appearing like a volcano Flammarion Flammarion 1884
1867 May 7 Aristarchus, vicinity Reddish yellow, beacon like light Tempel Tempel 1867; Astr. Reg. 1868
1884 Nov 29, 19h00m - 21h00m Aristarchus; 2 hr Nebulous at center; elsewhere features well defined Hislop Sirius 1885
1889 Jul 12, ~20h52m Aristarchus During lunar eclipse, brilliance in surrounding gloom was striking Krueger Krueger 1889; Fisher 1924
1891 May 23, ~18h20m Aristarchus region Lunar eclipse, half hour before end of totality, Aristarchus and region immediately N of it became conspicuous and increased in brightness from that time on W.E. Jackson Jackson 1890-91; Fisher 1924

1931 Aristarchus Bluish glare Goodacre, Molesworth Goodacre 1931
1949 Oct 7, ~02h54m Aristarchus Abnormally bright during lunar eclipse G.Brown, Hare Contrib. by Moore
1949 Nov 3, 01h06m Aristarchus Blue glare, base inner W wall Bartlett Bartlett 1967

1950 Jun 27, 02h30m Aristarchus Blue glare, base inner W wall Bartlett Bartlett 1967
1950 Jun 27 Herodotus Bright point in crater Bartlett Strol. Astr. 1962
1950 Jun 28, 03h27m Aristarchus Blue glare, rim of W wall Bartlett Bartlett 1967
1950 Jun 29, 05h30m Aristarchus Strong bluish glare; E, SE wall Bartlett Bartlett 1967
1950 Jul 26, 02h52m Aristarchus Blue glare, base inner W wall Bartlett Bartlett 1967
1950 Jul 31, 04h50m Aristarchus Violet glare, E, NE rim Bartlett Bartlett 1967
1950 Aug 28, 04h25m Aristarchus Intense blue violet glare; E wall bright spot, E, NE rim Bartlett Bartlett 1967

All recorded by NASA

So what ever is happening at Aristarchus... sometimes the lights are ON, sometimes they are OFF and I am fortunate to have some pictures when the lights are ON

LIGHTS ON 10 inch scope from Earth

[edit on 5-6-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlasteR
It turns out that ground-based telescopes can observe meteorites hitting the moon. It happens more often than many might think. Nasa astronomers have now seen over a hundred of these bright flashes. There's a couple threads about it but they weren't very productive... It's interesting nonetheless.
-ChriS

Hi ChriS! Yep, ground base teles can observe flashes but not what's producing them. If a Moon buggy exploded with a bright flash, you wouldn't see the buggy, but the flash. That's because the flash spreads several kilometers making it visible.

Cheers!

[edit on 6-6-2008 by mikesingh]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Leviatano

Actually Nasa is making progress on the new moon program. About three months ago I was at KSC on a job. I was fortunate enough to see the program office, the renovations of the apollo high bay to accommodate the constellation/orion assembly (first time in 40 years both high bay doors have been opened). Also was within arms reach of the leonardo ISS module and the new window module.

While this isnt intended to prove/disprove any consipracy theory, these are some decent pics of things most people dont ever get to see.

photobucket.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join