It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Influenza Shots Cause Influenza Infections

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   
While I have no evidence excluding my experiences, It is my opinion that Influenza vaccination is the cause for Influenza infection. Neither myself, nor most of my immediate family ever get Influenza vaccines. None of us EVER get the flu, or exhibit any of its symptoms. Additionally, all of the people I know who get vaccinated, ALWAYS get the flu.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 04:32 AM
link   
You do know what you get when you get a flu shot right?

You essentially get a weakened version of the virus. This allows your immune system to recognize the virus so it can deal with it. Sure you get sick, it's supposed to get you sick, but look at it this way, at least you don't get full-blown influenza which is much much worse.

The reason you have to get a new one every flu season is because the virus is always changing thus making the shot made to deal with it a year before obsolete.
That's why i get my flu shot every year, better safe than sorry I say.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Are you sure that 'all' the people you know that get a flu shot get the flu virus? Flu is a pretty serious thing to contract.

Could it not be possible that they are just suffering from the common cold?

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I remember reading something once about that is well known that some percentage of the vaccinated will die from the vaccine, the EPA is aware

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I have had the flu injection for the past 2 years (free at my work) and havent had the flu since.

Dont know who your sources are but without proper evidence i doubt your claims can be verified

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I get the Flu every year or so...I think.

Vaccine or not (I stopped getting it when I was old enough to decide for myself), there is always this four or five day period where all I can do is shiver in bed while sweating sheets and taking a thousand showers so I don't drown in my own fluid. One night it is terrible and the next morning I am almost completely better.

In my experience, the flu vaccine didn't do anything...

...or I am contracting some bizzare illness every year and should probably go to the doctor next time.

It is wonderful.

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
Dont know who your sources are but without proper evidence i doubt your claims can be verified

I think he stated that he had no evidence and that this was based soley on his family's experience. So, why even bring that up?

I dont know, maybe it is just early and I am a little tired, but it seems to me like you contributed to the thread then went down two lines and sounded nasty for no good reason.

Like I said, it could just be early.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   
The one time I did get a flu vaccine I got the flu, so I just don't bother with it anymore. Maybe I'm right, maybe I'm wrong, but I feel better without it. I do have all my vaccines otherwise though, and I do suspect they took their toll on my immune system, allthough I'm a generally healthy person that usually overcomes flues and colds quickly.

The way I see it some of them (vaccines) do their job, some of them don't. Some up the chances of cancer. Whether by design or the usual scientific blunders I don't know, but more studies as well as publication of existing studies, is needed to clarify the situation.

I do suspect that the whole "let's overload the immune system so it deals better with infections" trip is a bit bunk, but I'll give scientists and doctors the benefit of the doubt. Worse case scenario is a minority of them have population control agendas and they still have to get past peer revue.

At any rate, one thing I do know 100% for sure, if you lead a happy life, eat well and are not too sedentary you have very good chances of health regardless of what the medical establishment throws at you. The human body-mind combo is amazingly resistant when working in sync, so that is the main focus that will get people healthier. A big part of it is overcoming fear.

Cheery-o.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Spread of avian flu by drinking water

Transmission of avian flu by direct contact to infected poultry is an unproved assumption from the WHO. Infected birds and poultry can everywhere contaminate the drinking water. All humans have contact to drinking water. In hot climates flood-related influenza is typical after extreme weather. Virulence of influenza viruses depends on temperature and time. Special in cases of local water supplies with “young” and fresh H5N1 contaminated water from low local wells, cisterns, tanks, rain barrels, ponds, rivers or rice paddies this pathway can explain small clusters in households. At 24°C e.g. in the tropics the virulence of influenza viruses in water amount to 2 days. In temperate climates for “older” water from central water supplies cold water is decisive to virulence of viruses. At 7°C the virulence of influenza viruses in water amount to 14 days.

Dipl.-Ing. Wilfried Soddemann - Epidemiologist - Free Science Journalist [email protected]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus24

I'll continue to trust my body to fight off "naturally" what it should.

You do realize that the "Shot" you get is a "Guess" at what they think the prevalent strain will be.

Now if you get a shot and then get sick, can't you then infect someone else? Sounds like a scam to me.

[edit on 30-5-2008 by ATruGod]

join