It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'All whites racist' indoctrination revived!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Okay, I have the solution to the whole thing. We have to have a gradiated color code, and all shades of pink/brown are expressed as a numerical value. That way, those that feel it necessary to describe a person by their specific tone and hue can have a finite number to cite. Plus, it will serve to muddle the distinctions between caucasian and black (as well as other tones) when we realize that nobody fits on either end of the scale, but rests somewhere in the middle, pretty close to somebody else and not far away from ANYBODY.

There, all fixed. Now you just have to get everyone to agree to it and implement it.

No, don't thank me.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Res Ipsa
Hey Meanmug,
you are just plain dead wrong bro.
Racism begins with "IGNORANCE" think Archie Bunker if it helps.
There are plenty of racists that don't hate. In fact, that is a huge problem isn't it. There are people, perhaps like yourself, that say, "hey, I don't hate these or those people, so I'm not racist. I just don't want them moving next door to me"
Segregation is all about that. Look at the Dred Scott decision back in the day, they didn't hate Blacks....they just saw them as property.
So....Racism is not just about hatred and is as simple as that.

Archie Bunker... LMAO! Nice illustration

I was going to point out the same thing you just stated. Personally, I don't care for 'Gangsta' types and wouldn't want a group of them living next door to me, but that's not racist. Now, if I said something to indicate race, then it would be a racist ideal. In this case, I don't care if you are mexican, black, white, asian, muslim, OR jewish... I just don't feel safe around gangsta types, even when I KNOW they are my allies or friends. There's MY illustration that is easily misconstrued. The most ironic thing is that a racist-in-denial will usually be the first to jump and stereotype what 'gangsta' is. People usually out themselves by doing this, and when you start paying attention to quirks like this in conversation, you become quite alarmed at the amount of people who claim to NOT be racist, but in reality are. Even alot of blacks I've known and met are bad about this... instantly think because someone mentions 'gangsta' that they are talking directly about them.

Every race has the ability to be racist. Racism has NOTHING to do with being white. I even know a mexican who is racist towards mexicans! No joke!

<< 1   >>

join