It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hinduism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2002 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Hinduism differs from Christianity and other Western religions in that it does not have a single founder, a specific theological system, a single system of morality, or a central religious organization. It consists of "thousands of different religious groups that have evolved in India since 1500 BCE."

Hinduism has grown to become the world's third largest religion, after Christianity and Islam. It claims about 762 million followers - 13% of the world's population. It is the dominant religion in India, Nepal, and among the Tamils in Sri Lanka. According to the "Yearbook of American & Canadian Churches," there are about 1.1 million Hindus in the U.S. 2 The "American Religious Identification Survey" is believed to be more accurate.

They estimated smaller number: 766,000 Hindus in 2001. Still, this is a very significant increase from 227,000 in 1990. Statistics Canada estimates that there are about 157,015 Hindus in Canada.

Hinduism is generally regarded as the world's oldest organized religion.

Religions which recognize the existence of multiple deities have traditionally been among the world's most religiously tolerant. Hinduism remains arguably one of the most tolerant of such religions. However, during the past few years, a Hindu nationalistic political party has controlled the government of India. The linkage of religion, the federal government and nationalism has led to a recent degeneration in the separation of church and state in India. This, in turn, has decreased the level of religious tolerance in that country. The escalation of anti-Christian violence is one manifestation of this linkage.

See link:

Hinduism

posted on Dec, 31 2002 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Hinduism is generally regarded as the world's oldest organized religion.

nope, wrong, Hinduism is not the oldest organized religion in the world. The oldest religion is the religion of Abraham which I say is not Judaism, but something different.

According to Islam, Islam has always been the oldest religion and the first.

Adam was a Muslim, Abraham.. Moses, etc.... the Islam today is only a continuance of the first established religion of God---- that's why Islam of today is not connected with modernity..

Muhammad didnt come to create a new religion as he pointed many times... he only refined and confirmed God's first religion through Adam , Abraham and the other prophets.

posted on Dec, 31 2002 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Adam and eve were not muslim.

Moses spoke of christ as well did the prophets.

This is why the koran has to mention christ as a (prophet) or else they would know
they were wrong.

And what is the muslim religion?

Is it the same as the old law religion?

Do they sacrafice for sin?

Did mohammed die for our sins?

The old law of moses and abraham was fullfilled by christ and the (new) sacrafice which replaced the
old sacrafice.

peace.

posted on Dec, 31 2002 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Adam and eve were not muslim.

that's it? wow , some argument.

Moses spoke of christ as well did the prophets

your right they did, but they never spoke of a SON of God. Moses and the other prophets as you call them also spoke of Muhammad.

God said to Moses:

"I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren,
like unto thee,
and I will put my words in his mouth;
and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him."

Deuteronomy 18:18.

who do you think that is about? MUHAMMAD.

Did mohammed die for our sins?
no, and? does that degrade Muhammad's, Abraham's, and Moses' prophethood because they didnt die for our sins?

posted on Dec, 31 2002 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Ill matic, i already told you what this means in Dut.

Oh your wrong illmatic and heres how about deuteronomy 1818 because
if you would read the whole chapter you would find this about the same prophet.

Deuteronomy 18:18

"" I will raise them up a prophet out of the midst of teir brethern like
unto thee: and i will put my words in his mouth, and he shal speak to them all
that i shall command him ""

19 "" And he that shall not hear his words, which he shall speak in my name, I will
be the revenger ""

Now if you continue it says...

20 "" But the (prophet) who being corrupted with pride, shall speak in my name things that
i did not command him to (say), or in the name of (strange) gods shall be slain ""

So this means he was talking about the Prophet(s) whom would come up from the brethern and not mohommed, infact it says
that these same prophets would be overcome with pride and be slain in some cases.

And if you read the Nt this passage is mentioned again..

Acts 3:22

Its not mohammed.

peace.

posted on Dec, 31 2002 @ 01:59 PM
link   
ok, this is the passage in its entirity..

The Prophet

14The nations you will dispossess listen to those who practise sorcery or divination. But as for you, the LORD your God has not permitted you to do so.
15The LORD your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among your own brothers. You must listen to him.
16For this is what you asked of the LORD your God at Horeb on the day of the assembly when you said, Let us not hear the voice of the LORD our God nor see this great fire any more, or we will die.
17The LORD said to me: What they say is good.
18I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brothers; I will put my words in his mouth, and he will tell them everything I command him.
19If anyone does not listen to my words that the prophet speaks in my name, I myself will call him to account.
20But a prophet who presumes to speak in my name anything I have not commanded him to say, or a prophet who speaks in the name of other gods, must be put to death.
21You may say to yourselves, How can we know when a message has not been spoken by the LORD?
22If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the LORD does not take place or come true, that is a message the LORD has not spoken. That prophet has spoken presumptuously. Do not be afraid of him.

In the end it says "How can we know when a message has not been spoken by the LORD?
22If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the LORD does not take place or come true, that is a message the LORD has not spoken. "

we know that this is not about Muhammad, your right.. because Muhammad never predicted world events and such like Jesus did.

posted on Dec, 31 2002 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Your saying christ is a false prophet?

when the koran itself says hes a prophet?

And the koran is from mohammed.

so if jesus predicted these things that would make him a false prophet?

why does the koran say hes a prophet?

look, illmatic, just dont believe anybody you hear off of the street who says he has all the truths that the illuminatti
will not let out.

Those who proclaaim they have all truths as regular man are liars.

has christs predictions not come true?

did the temple not fall?

is not the world paaving the way for the antichrist?

has not gods church been spread all over the world?

Did christ not predict his death?

what has he said that has not come to pass?

peace.

posted on Dec, 31 2002 @ 02:16 PM
link   
truth, you need to stop putting words in my mouth

where do you get that I believe Christ is a false prophet from what i typed?

please tell me because I dont see it.

I simply said that Muhammad was not like Jesus because Jesus predicted things will happen, Muhammad didnt.

of course I believe what Jesus said would happen would happen, especially since most of the things he said will happen towards the end of the world, I might not even be alive when it all happens, but still I believe in it.

posted on Dec, 31 2002 @ 02:28 PM
link   
My bad, i just thought when you said (your right) because christ
predicted stuff, i thought you were implying he was a false prophet.

Sorry.

I just want to make sure you know this passage is not speaking of mohammed.

peace.

posted on Dec, 31 2002 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Illmatic67 see attached

Hindu Timeline

posted on Dec, 31 2002 @ 11:30 PM
link   
In either case, the Hindu religious books and temples are much older than any Muslim or any Jewish books or temples.

And the "Adam and Eve" story isn't verifiable. Humankind is older than 6,000 years and there's no archaeological evidence to support the Biblical version of the creation myth.

There IS, however, good evidence (buildings, documents, carvings, roads, etc) to support the older Hindu civilization and other older civilizations.

posted on Jan, 1 2003 @ 02:03 AM
link   
ok your right... I got it confused

Hinduism may be the oldest organized religion today but Judaism is the oldest monothestic religion- I got it confused.

posted on Jan, 5 2003 @ 02:40 PM
link   
illmatic wassup bro,

islam was technically around the longest ure right, because of adam and eve, but there grew other religions, remember u talked about in one post u gave that muhammed broke all the idols and took back the ka'aba in mecca, well hindus r like the idol worshippers they are a religion not many people no about but r still around.

posted on Jan, 6 2003 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Pardon Testy 12 but the population of India will soon hit 1 billion meaning more people known about this faith than you may realize.

posted on Jan, 7 2003 @ 04:48 PM
link   
oops soz tol, ure right my bad, i was gettin mixed up wat i mean is they are a religion dat isnt like christianity or judaism or islam, there a religion that hasnt got anything to do with these 3. because they r the oldest doesnt mean they are the divine religion, they worship a elephant wit bare arms, it doesnt seem very religious to me, no offence any hindus in da house

posted on Jan, 8 2003 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Testy12 the primary Deity of the Hindu's is Shiva the Goddess of the Universe. Interestingly enough the they saw earth all those years ago as a part of a Universe. In which while Shiva danced the Universe existed. Sort of along the lines of the current theory of the Universe which presents a big bang at it birth and a big crunch at its demise.

But in this case the idea is that Shiva who loves to dance, when she begins to do so. Causes the big bang (so to speak), when she stops the big crunch occurs (The Universe implodes). Am describing this in general so what is above is the gist of a much more complex topic.

Of which the attached link does do justice:

All about Shiva

top topics

join