It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Einstein quote

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

what you guys think of this?
back to the dark ages?

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
woah, i've never heard that quote from him,

I'm gonna to look more into this Ein Stien guy. (/sarcasm)

This is seriously pretty deep. It'll only come true if we have a WW3. But keep your horizon's full of sunshine, but always expect the rain, the thunder, the lightning.

I think it's really possible that we'll be thrown into a new dark age thanks to gov't evil ways.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Herbal Oli

Just more wise words from the great man.

He said many wise things nobody took much notice of at the time.

another great example:
www.abc.net.au...

I think if WW3 happens it would do more than just blast us back to the stone age. I think what he meant by that is that we would end up climbing out of the primordial soup of a newly formed planet a few million years after we blew ourselves up due to our stupidity, and then would proceed to bonk each other on the head three stooges style, with sticks and stones.

G

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by angus1745

Just more wise words from the great man.

Ummm. Yeah....OK....

As a pacifist who help with the developement of the bomb it was just a warning that we will destroy ourselves if we are not careful. Maybe we have heeded his warnings, since we have not yet had a WWIII and hopefully wont either.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Yeah I read that in class back in the day
Also don't forget Oppenheimers Quote after they test dropped the A-Bomb back in the 40's

" Behold I have become the destroyer of worlds "

He took that from an ancient Indian Text

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by VIKINGANT
As a pacifist who help with the developement of the bomb it was just a warning that we will destroy ourselves if we are not careful.

From what I understand, Einstein developed his physics theories to be put to use with energy production...It was other scientists who turned his theories into a weapon.

When Albert first heard about the bomb, he wept. Here's another quote that expresses that feeling:

"He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, scince for him the spinal cord would fully suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, senseless brutality, deplorable love-of-country stance, how violently I hate all this, how despiceable an ignoreable war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action! It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder."

And another:
"Through the release of atomic energy, our generation has brought into the world the most revolutionary force since prehistoric man's discovery of fire. This basic force of the universe cannot be fitted into the outmoded concept of narrow nationalisms.
"For there is no secret and there is no defense; there is no possibility of control except through the aroused understanding and insistence of the peoples of the world. We scientists recognise our inescapable responsibility to carry to our fellow citizens an understanding of atomic energy and its implication for society. In this lies our only security and our only hope - we believe that an informed citizenry will act for life and not for death."

So, my opinion is that Einstein really was pacifist...

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   

i am fairly certain that god does not play with dice...

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   
we will return to the point of origin perhaps by destroying our self

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightDStroyer

From what I understand, Einstein developed his physics theories to be put to use with energy production...It was other scientists who turned his theories into a weapon.

You are quite right, and I understand this, but it was his work that untimatley led to the developement of the bomb I was referring to.

Here is another quote from him that I think also is related.
“If I had only known, I would have been a locksmith”

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
It's kind of sad how people can turn anything into a weapon.
I really would have hated to have been in their shoes. How would you like going to your death knowning that your ideas problem did and might cause the death of countless people.

top topics

join