It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masons not a secret society

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   
“I had thought they [the members of the Brotherhood] accepted me because they felt that color made no difference, when in reality it made no difference because they didn’t see either color or men.”

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Ok Axeman you got me this time.

Because if they are taken to heart, then they break another slew of commandments, such as "Thou shalt not kill (including yourself)", and so Freemasons have themselves laid bare the hypocrisy of their order.

actually no the oaths ask that The Diety complete the penalty as consequence
for breaking the oath, or that it be done , kinda like "cross my heart and hope
to die".

Leveler, wouldnt work. even to commit sideways and get it done requires
some logical and rational thought.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by akilles
(in relation to the above) So you can kill yourself? And you can agree to having yourself murdered, cuz then its not murder in some twisted sense?

Dear God man, are you serious?!?! You really did just fall off the turnip truck, didn't you?

And the Freemasons didn't give two opposing answers to my question?

So what if they did? Different Freemasons will have different opinions, they really are just like everyone else.

Maybe we should just call you Assman, because you have obviously since day 1 decided to ignore and deride me every chance you get. You say you have never put someone on ignore, that doesn't mean you don't ignore every single word the person says.

Niiiiice... Assman, huh? Did you think that up all on your own? I'm more of a "breast man" myself (
), but whatever you say dude. Really though I try to look more at the "total package."

The point is that you can't make an oath to God while breaking his commandments in the oath you are making. So I am just saying, in that way it is incompatible with Christianity.

Akilles, I think you are incompatible with Christianity. What commandment is being broken there, genius? Oh nevermind, I should know better than to have the gall to ask you to elaborate on one of your statements.

[edit on 2/11/05 by The Axeman]

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Guys, agree among yourselves.

Are the oaths merely symbolic, and you are all guilty of blasphemy?

Or all the oaths taken to the heart?

Because if they are taken to heart, then they break another slew of commandments, such as "Thou shalt not kill (including yourself)", and so Freemasons have themselves laid bare the hypocrisy of their order.

The oaths symbolically teach lessons that are to be taken to heart. Do you understand that none of the millions of masons would ever have taken such an oath if they, for one second, that it was going against their faith!?!? You need to understand this.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 10:50 PM
link   
You shouldn't be using the name of God just to learn a lesson.

You shouldn't devote your life to a symbolic oath by swearing your life to be worthless, lest you share what they tell you are the Greatest Secrets of Man.

Why should a Man be kept from sharing how he has learnt something, or from where he has learnt it?

If people like to burn effigies, and call it the 'Cremation of Care', why can't they admit it?

Why? Because secrets are power, and you don't centralize power by sharing it.

I think if people want to do rituals, they should do it with balls, and let the public see what they are doing. But again, the point of the ritual is not to show others, it is to revel in the secrets that are being kept, people draw power from thinking they are 'privileged' to be apart.
To each his own, I'm merely stating I would not want to be a 'charged initiate'.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 01:29 AM
link   

You shouldn't be using the name of God just to learn a lesson.

Why not? If the Word of God is that which gives us our morals, then by what reason should we not invoke the aid of God in helping us perfect those morals and standards?

You shouldn't devote your life to a symbolic oath by swearing your life to be worthless, lest you share what they tell you are the Greatest Secrets of Man.

They are not the greatest secrets of man, they are basic common sense, if anything. I have not been taught, in the lodge, anything that I did not already know. I'm sure the same goes for everyone. What I am unwilling to share, however, is how this was presented to me. The ritual is secret, nothing more.

Why should a Man be kept from sharing how he has learnt something, or from where he has learnt it?

Because that is our tradition. That is what makes us Masons, what gives us all something in common.

If people like to burn effigies, and call it the 'Cremation of Care', why can't they admit it?

Huh?!?

Why? Because secrets are power, and you don't centralize power by sharing it.

I have not experienced any kind of power by keeping private that which is Freemasonry's. Tell me this: if someone said "I'll tell you a secret, but you MUST promise not to say anything", would you? Do you even question WHY they want it kept a secret? No, you don't, because that is what was asked of you in exchanged for being imparted with that. As long as it doesn't harm anyone, there's no reason for you to share the work of others when they explicitly asked you not to.

I think if people want to do rituals, they should do it with balls, and let the public see what they are doing. But again, the point of the ritual is not to show others, it is to revel in the secrets that are being kept, people draw power from thinking they are 'privileged' to be apart.

You just don't get it, do you?

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 03:33 AM
link   
'No kind of power', not even in recognizing the role Freemasons played in American Independence and the French Revolution that ordinary people have no knowledge of?

No power in recognizing symbolism, and knowing to look for deeper meaning?

Common sense tells me a lot about deception, not a whole lot about trusting blindly, with oaths to a nameless God, reinforced by positive peer pressure to not question things in a negative way, where you are repeated a half-truth often enough that you believe it entirely.

Common sense.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 07:44 AM
link   

'No kind of power', not even in recognizing the role Freemasons played in American Independence and the French Revolution that ordinary people have no knowledge of?

Ordinary people who can read will know it.

No power in recognizing symbolism, and knowing to look for deeper meaning?

One SHOULD look deeper into the symbolism, otherwise one sees only the symbol itself...which isn't much good.

Common sense tells me a lot about deception,

Really? Who's deceiving you? Certainly not the Masons.

not a whole lot about trusting blindly,

You should look furher into the concept of trusting blindly. It's a dangerous thing and should be avoided at all costs.

with oaths to a nameless God,

Who did that? I took my Obligations to the God of my fathers. He's certainly not "nameless" to me...but I don't try to FORCE others to believe in him....that's up to their own conscience.

reinforced by positive peer pressure to not question things in a negative way,

Don't follow you here, but then again I've never received peer-pressure from my Brother Freemasons.

where you are repeated a half-truth often enough that you believe it entirely.

I guess that's why a person should seriously consider Freemasonry before entering it and NOT go in blindly. Sadly some do go in blindly and more often than not those guys drop out from mere disinterest and inability to comprehend it. And, in the end, Freemasonry isn't for everyone, anyway.

Common sense.

Yep! Common sense.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Wrong. This is very common misinformation. It results from the disenfranchised assumptions of Masons in the US who either have not studied enough or simply have not had the opportunity to travel abroad and realize the complex nature and broad scope of the craft. The NGLR (the regular and recognized Grand Lodge of Romania) practices M+M, as does the Grand Orient of Italy (recognized by all states in the US) as does Ecuador, the Dominican Republic and several other regular mainstream Grand Lodges. These Grand Lodges are all regular and practice the M+M lineage.

[edit on 17-7-2007 by 7ringladder]

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   
If it were a secret society, you would not even know that it existed. True secret societies don't have signs on teh road where they meet and what day of the week meetings are (third tuesday or whatever)

M74

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
i've spoken to a freemason a few weeks ago and when i said "secret society" he quickly told me that the masons are not. So i asked him what do they do for rituals,meetings,etc and he said ..."thats a secret"

sooo their not a secret society, just 90% of it is secret...errmm great logic Mr.Mason

So, according to your "great logic", just about every college Greek society, be it social, service, honorary, or otherwise is a "secret society"? That's just rediculous.

Originally posted by Wgatenson
If they are not a secret seocity, why don't you get me some pictures of the inside of there ritual rooms?

Here you go:

[edit on 7/18/2007 by M74]

[edit on 7/18/2007 by M74]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Regular Freemasonry began as a wholly trinitarian Christian Order. Go look at the first 300 years of ritual and catechism in Scotland, Ireland and England. Have you seen the Dumfries, the Sloane or the Old Charges? Jeeeez. You have to be a Christian to be a regular freemason in the Netherlands, Denmark, Holland, Finland, Switzerland. In France, Belgium, Spain, Africa, Brazil, Germany, and elsewhere there are Rectified craft lodges that require you to be Christian. In every country where there is Masonry...the invitational Orders are Christian. You really need to get a clue.

reply to post by Leveller

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite
[more

Masonry is not a secret society. It is a fraternal organization much like the KofC and Elks Club, or college fraternity. And like those organizations it has some parts or "rights of passage" that are not readily open and available to the general public.
"In order to be one ask one", is the montra of the Masonic order. You are not invited or recruited into the Masonic order, but are accepted as a willing brother as long as you meet certain requirements, i.e. be of good moral character, not be convicted felon, etc... The Masonic order has gotten a bad rap from writers, movie directors, and the uninformed who are scared of anything that they do not know or understand. As for the female poster, there is a part of the Masonic order which you are able to join and that is the Eastern Star. Once again, you have to meet certain minimum requirements.
Rather than looking at the negatives try looking at the positives. The Shrine Club is a part of the Masonic order. In order to become a Shriner tou first have to be a Mason. Do you realize how many children have been helped in the Shriners burn centers throughout the US who would not have recieved help had it not been for the galant efforts of the Shriners and Masonic Order.
Before you rush to judgement, try understanding or asking someone about Free Masonry.

A Florida Mason

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by glee

no, go in the kitchen and make me some pie!

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MOOR45

Salamalakum,

excuse me for interjecting in to your cipher, but I have to disagree with you on what a Moor is. A moor is a decendant of Moab, neigbor of isreal, mentioned of in the bible (the book of ruth). the culture of the Moors come from this specific group of people. The moorish empire covered parts of north and east africa. The term Moor became a title of allegiance to Morrocco (or rather Moab) similar to those who lived in anexed territories of rome would call themselves romans.

the fraternal order of assasins who suposedly trained the knights templars are the same moors whom the Chistian crusaders faught against. The Moorish science temple has as much connection to the Moors as the Mason have with king solomon lol. both organizations are pseudo-initiations, reduced to mostly dead rituals guided by un-enlightened (but very well read) Masters.

Calling God, "the architect of the Universe", is like calling the president of the united states "the veto guy". The creation of the universe is but a small thing for God making that title less than glorifying. this is why I say psuedo-initiated...the truely enlightened know that real intelligence is awareness of the creator, which intern inspires reverence toward His Greatness. If your trully are a seeker of truth (or Haqq as we call it) than you have to know that it is not hidden in dead rituals and walking in circles around alters.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Bangin

Masonry is for MEN only, but not just white me. The masonic family is not racist as a whole, however there are some people who are racist. Women can be members of the Masonic family, just not a member of a Masonic Lodge. Girls between the ages of 11 and 20 can be members of the International Order of the Rainbow for Girls, and women 18 and over can be members of the Order of the Eastern Star.

The Masonic family as a whole is not a secret society because everyone knows what it is, and how they help others in need, but a society with secrets.

Let me ask you a question. Would you join an orginization if it was open to anyone of any age, or sex that everyone in the world knew everthing you did? I know I wouldnt.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
The Freemasons are not a secret society, but a society of secrets.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
The Freemasons are not a secret society, but a society of secrets.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

My father is a WASP and was once a member of the FreeMasons, but they became too religious for him. He told me that women were explicitly forbidden from joining the same FreeMason lodges as the men but there were auxiliary lodges for women...

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Why do people automatically assume a secret is evil or bad? I just dont understand that logic. The ONLY secrets are handshakes, signs, grips, and passwords. Thats it. If any of you (who think masonry is evil or the front for NWO) sat in on Lodge proceeding, you would leave very sleepy and probably pissed off because its FAR from what you probably expect! Lol

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join