It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masons not a secret society

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Quote: "And ALL MEN CAN BECOME MASONS. Only the European Masons receive the true third degree. This is because Asiatic members already contain the essence of the third degree in their DNA."

- Good Call Axeman - this needs to be followed up on. All men can become Masons - but then he said only Europeans & Asians can recieve the 3rd Degree because of thier DNA. Is that not RACIST? I don't believe that this is true. Since the THIRD DEGREE is the HIGHEST DEGREE of MASONRY - It is the same all around the world were Masonry is Active. The so called
"Higer Degree's" & various "Rites" are just philisophical elaborations on the Second & Third Degree. People who haven't finished the lower degrees should not worry about the "Higher Degree's" - that is a masterfull way of throwing people off track!!!!

Also I hope that you people know that there is more than one so-called "Illuminati" society. Indeed the Illuminati of Bavaria was Athiestic & driven by Politics & Power - There were & are rival Spiritual/Mystical versions of the "Illuminati" - The Illuminati of "Avignon" perhaps - The Hermetic Brotherhood of LIGHT perhaps - yes I do believe that the various VALID societies that call themselves "Rosi-Crucian" have a connection to this version of the "Illuminati" - call it "Hermetic Science" if you will!!!

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Woops I missed :

Quote: "consciousness and awakening of the third eye or mind."

Which then leads to the question - the people of the "Western World" - Besides Western Europe I guess - are unable to expand "consciousness and awakening of the third eye or mind" & become enlightened? Why? Is it because Americans & the Brits are Capitalists - What a BUNCH OF CRAP!!! Speaking of Evolution my friend - I have evolved the ability to Balance the Material & Spiritual aspects of the Universe & I am sure a lot of other "Westerners" have too!!!!!

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seraphim_Serpente
Indeed the Illuminati of Bavaria was Athiestic & driven by Politics & Power -

This is not so. Don't worry about having it wrong, though, my eyes also needed to be opened on this matter. Try looking here.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I have a mentor who is both a member of the Knights Templar and the Scottish Rite. He is a 32nd degree master mason, and he has been gracious enough over the years to answer my questions about masonry when they occurred to me.
I would like to add two things to this discussion.

1) He tells me, on the level, that Freemasonry is not a secret society, it is instead a society of secrets, whcih is not the same thing.

2) I do not believe that the world is run by or for the Masons. All of the Masons I have met are the most honourable, free-thinking, intelligent, compassionate, trustworthy, decent people you could ever imagine. If the world were truly run by them, it would look VERY different...

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bailey
1) He tells me, on the level, that Freemasonry is not a secret society, it is instead a society of secrets, whcih is not the same thing.

2) I do not believe that the world is run by or for the Masons. All of the Masons I have met are the most honourable, free-thinking, intelligent, compassionate, trustworthy, decent people you could ever imagine. If the world were truly run by them, it would look VERY different...

Much to the dismay of some here you have gotten the straight poop (as opposed to the crooked poop... a byproduct of deceivers) and there isn't much more to it that that. If Mason's ran the world, there would be roast beef every night (because everyone doesn't, and does complain at the same time), and it would take a committee, three meetings, discussion, a motion, a second, a vote, and some one to grouse when the minutes are read at the next meeting to get anything done... other than that it would be okay.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Yes MM. But half the population would also be walking round saying "Tsk. The world wasn't run like that in my day".

And that puts me in mind of the old Lightbulb Joke.

How many masons does it take to change a lightbulb?

21:

2 to complain that the light doesn't work.
1 to read the minutes of the last light bulb changing.
1 to pass the problem to either another committee, Temple Board or Master of the Lodge.
3 to do a study on light in this Lodge.
2 to check out the types of lights the Knights of Columbus use.
3 to argue about it.
5 to plan a fund-raising dinner to raise money for the bulb.
2 to complain that "that's not the way we did it before."
1 to borrow a ladder, donate the bulb and install it.
1 to order the brass memorial plate and have it inscribed.

[edit on 29-6-2004 by Leveller]

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Tamahu - incase you didn't pick up on it in one of Masonic_Light's Postings - (also verified by my own research) - The Memphis-Misraim Rite was Assimilated by/ABSORBED INTO the Scottish Rite. So you see my friend - in the end all roads lead to ROME - or should I say KHEM!!!

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller
The world wasn't run like that in my day".

And that puts me in mind of the old Lightbulb Joke.
How many masons does it take to change a lightbulb?
21:
[edit on 29-6-2004 by Leveller]

Amazing how it is the same around the world... Glad we kept that tradition everywhere also... ha ha

[edit on 20-7-2004 by JCMinJapan]

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by JCMinJapan

Amazing how it is the same around the world... Glad we kept that tradition everywhere also... ha ha

Nothing like consistency when it comes to world domination.

By the way JCM, congratulations on the "Ring", it's good that one is in the hands of a Brother, have a Fox Maiden or two on me. *MM immediately begins to devise plans to usurp the remaining rings into the hands of the Brethren, in a secret, conspiratorial manner... Bwahahahahaha!*

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   
www.freemason.org...

It's just that simple lol

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Tamahu - incase you didn't pick up on it in one of Masonic_Light's Postings - (also verified by my own research) - The Memphis-Misraim Rite was Assimilated by/ABSORBED INTO the Scottish Rite. So you see my friend - in the end all roads lead to ROME - or should I say KHEM!!!

I have not read nor heard of this however I will not challenge it until I look into it further. Never-the-less thought the SR did not totally abosorb the A.P.R.M.M and all of its 96 degrees. If they absorbed any they only absorbed certain ones. Additionally they are and have always been (to my knowledge) a clandestine rite, one that is still not recognized by either the SR or YR today. Further more the A.P.R.M.M. still opperates independently from all official lodges, and its members that constitute it, MM's themselves (at least from my experience) attend and partake in their lodges and the organization rather secretly as doing such threatens their standing in the official lodges they belong to and breaks their oath as a MM, as some who sit in these lodges were surely made clandestinely. Im not sure how the rite is doing overseas, although I hear it is still quite active in France. Many of the lodges here in the U.S. have gone dark for the time being, including the ISS.

to the east

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Fascinating!!! ISS - what is that - can you clear it up for me?

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Well as ever it all depends on everything else, wait thats holism.

Seriously though at what level are they open? Yes you can see them, but you dont know "the" handshake now do you?

Like I said its a yes and no question.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 07:51 AM
link   

By the way JCM, congratulations on the "Ring", it's good that one is in the hands of a Brother, have a Fox Maiden or two on me. *MM immediately begins to devise plans to usurp the remaining rings into the hands of the Brethren, in a secret, conspiratorial manner... Bwahahahahaha!*

Yes, the quest has brought the brotherhood a great prize! He had to succeed and obtain a part of the world! We can unite and know that our path is still CLEAR! The ring HAS SECURED the next generation of our reptilian brothers! bwaha ha ha Thanks alto though...
The fox maidens will be at the usual place at the usually time...... See ya all there....

And they are worried about out handshake.... bwahaha

[edit on 21-7-2004 by JCMinJapan]

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Fascinating!!! ISS - what is that - can you clear it up for me?

ISS=international soverign sanctuary

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   
So how long do I have to wait, after learning that handshake, to learn about all the secrets to rule the world? Man I can't wait, and to think the handshake is the key.

Grats on the ring JCMJ

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I read in another thread that dealt with this. Do secret societies practice psi? Or is that a load of bunk?

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I am a third generation Freemason and it constantly amazes me how people make such a big deal out of it. Sounds like someone has had a little more than their daily recommended daily allowance of Art Bell. Ask some questions and crack a book once in a while, you might learn a thing or two!

"We fear that which we do not understand."

By the way: Ever heard of The Shriners Childrens Hospital? Shriners are top level MASONS and do a helluvalot more for sick kids than the evil and secret government will EVER do! OhMyGosh, let's call the witchcraft police, I think their little go-carts they ride in the Fourth of July Parade may be some sort of "sign from Satan"!

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   
My grandpa is a mason and when i asked him about it he was really shady about it. Didn't say much other than they do charities and give scholar ships. Yet if thats all they do then why did they have to interview my grandma for him to be in it. They asked her if she wouldn't mind him not telling her what goes on. I'm sure there all good people, but its make you wonder what they really are all about!

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 11:34 PM
link   
i have grown up around freemasonry, ive known what they do since i was 2. they aren't some corrupt society, and they aren't a secret. thier ritual is in the library. read it anytime you want. but if you ask a freemason to tell you part of the ritual he will not, because at his initiation he swore never to tell its secrets. its not a cult, its just part of respecting the order and its statutes. im in a organiztion made by masons for girls ages 11 to 20 and i go by the same oath to not tell our secrets. but our ritual too is in the library, and if someone was really curious i would say that i can't say, but they can go look at it themselves, as i made a promise and intend to keep it. you want to know why so many people in political places are masons? because it is an organization that teaches leadership and how to speak in front of people and make a good impression. never once have i heard plotting in all the years ive been around them and snuck around them as a child when they didn't know i was there cause i was looking for a pop machine or something. and the thing that irritates me most is that the people who bash on freemasonry are people who don't have the sense to get off thoer ass and go look themselves at what masons do and who they are. and compare it to cultures, because i know i have had a different culture just because i spent time seeing the traditional side of a fraternity. a group that may have some dark times, as all groups do, but also has some great ones. not by evil corrupt 70 year old men (for most are around that age) but some people who made something themselves and were in masonry. honestly, that people say you are ignorant to not now whats going on "behind the scene" when they are kicking themselves as they don't know WHAT THE HELL IT IS. (sigh) what is wrong people today...

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join