It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost in my apartment and I got it on video

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
One of the song books is open and blowing in the wind a little bit. The sound could be made by moaning mice, or anything for that matter. It's the purple shape that freaks me out. Genuine or genius, it is still freaky. I went and watched some of the Youtube ones just to see others "work". Somehow this one strikes me as different than the ones that look fake.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I can see the purpleish aura near the piano. The note that's played is the B that is a half step below middle C, which is right in the middle of the piano. I don't see that key moving at all. The wind definitely didn't blow the books off, the curtain would have flown out a lot more. Either way this clip would be good for a movie trailer.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Waffles~

This to me is a clear hoax, of course I cant say that 100 percent becasuse I didnt forge it. If you look at the end how he pulls the camera away and how abruptly the filming stops its clear that is in keeping with so many hoaxs we get posted here. Im sorry too, who says "oh #" 500 times, Im sorry the first thing I would do is try to figure out what I am looking at, its not apparant right off the bat its a ghost, but it is to the guy filming it, like he has seen a million ghosts before. So many things about this screams, hoax.....have the film independtly analized and the camera...then I will relook at the evidence.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I have seen this done wiht photoshop and movie making software, using layers.....one of the easist things you can do, in fact its a beginners trick, its done much the same way light sabers are made to glow.....as for the books moving, the piano looks really old, we dont even know if there are any guts in the piano...someone could have been inside, moaning, plucking the key from inside and then knocking the stuff off from, once again, lets all say .....inside the piano...... kiss

jalien

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by raven bombshell

Good catch on the registration of his accont Bombshell,,,thats just one more reason to chalk this one up to movie making magic

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Ever think he could have joined ATS BECAUSE of the video? I know if i had an amazing video and wanted to share it with people that would care i would google ghost forum etc. and ATS would be the most credible that would show up.

As far as the video itself is concerned, i can see the 'thing', whatever it is. If you upload the original video i can probably get some fairly detailed screen captures of it. I could probably enhance the video to make it stand out as well.

I think the 'acting' as some have called it is entirely natural. In saying that, the OP has more balls than me. I probably would have backed away and fled

I'm on the fence with this one, but give the poor guy a break. You are complete waste of space if you simply post 'OMG HOAX' without providing any reasoning behind it.

[edit on 31-5-2008 by fooffstarr]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Good video. I would most likely react in the same manner upon seeing a ghost, so you don't seem to act unnaturally to me. For now, let's give you the benefit of the doubt and say this video is real. Let's analyze it!

Upon entering the room, I could clearly see a light-purple formless 'being' sitting at the piano, despite the low resolution. I believe one poster said the curtain's movement didn't match those in the piano's reflection and this is true, for I believe it is actually the ghost's arm moving, instead of the curtain. It's hard to make out any characteristics besides that though.

Next, the books... I don't believe the wind was capable of blowing them over. You can clearly see there's a lull in the wind at the time, compared to the rest of the video. The books look pretty solid and there's a visible, abrupt force throwing them aside.

Finally, it's hard to make out much in the next splitsecond. There may be a sort of purple hue closer to the camera that could've been the ghost as described, but it resembles a sort of lens-flare from the window.

Overall, it would be best if you'd either post the higher resolution of the film here for better analyzation, or you'd take it to someone trustworthy who can analyze it for you. Good luck.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooffstarr
Ever think he could have joined ATS BECAUSE of the video? I know if i had an amazing video and wanted to share it with people that would care i would google ghost forum etc. and ATS would be the most credible that would show up.

yeah, but thats only because of the chorus of people calling hoax, gotta take the good with the bad i guess.

i don't get how some people see an apparition clearly, and some, like me, don't. its strikes me as really strange. to the people who see it, do you see it on full screen or on the window view and is your monitor particularly large or is the contrast turned up or is there anything unusual about your monitor?

OP, come on, any chance of a better copy of the video, and your music videos on youtube weren't that bad.

[edit on 31-5-2008 by pieman]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Hey man, No disrespect.. cool video. i dont think its real but who knows eh? weirder things have happened. but thanks for keeping us entertained.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Wow dude! I perosonaly think thats real. The apprehension in your voice makes it so. But you should have calmed down a bit.
Anyways..my cat was laying on my lap while i watched this..and i purposly turned up the volume. my cat just went nuts at the moaning sound. His ears perked up and he sat up straight looking around for the sound. Thats why i beleive in this vid.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by tjsteeler

I agree 100% with your assessment steeler. And, I don't buy not putting this on your youtube since the metacafe account allows you the opportunity to earn money for views.

To me, this is your #1 motive for joining; to get hits for your video.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Watch the video without any sound on... you'll pay attention to details alot more, things like the piano keys arn't even moving, the position of the piano is next to a window just for effect... I didn't even see a ghost... sounds like somone just dubbed in some startrek in the BG and call it ghostbusters...

Not even gonna turn my speakers on, not even worth it, lol

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by jalien
reply to post by ~Waffles~

This to me is a clear hoax, of course I cant say that 100 percent becasuse I didnt forge it.

Make your mind up matie stay go go stay DO RAE MI FA SO LA TI DO.

I stay !

I GO !

Take care.

Regards
Lee

[edit on 31-5-2008 by h3akalee]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Good video. Surprised that the ghost was only aware of you when you said hello and not by your incessant swearing beforehand!

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by cadavaler
I have thought a bit about how I want to say this so as not to appear like a crazy person so please bear with me... (the link to the video is below)

This is not a subject I know much about. Yesterday there was some sort of apparition or entity in my apartment.

I heard piano playing coming from my living room and assumed my wife was playing piano. We just got one of those cheapo flash memory video cameras and I thought I would surprise film her playing the piano. It turns out she was in the bathroom.

When I entered the room, what i saw scared the hell out of me. Though in retrospect I don't think it meant any harm. But sitting at the piano was some sort of ghost playing the same note over and over again. At the time it was clear as day. It kind of looked like a woman from the 1920's but it kept going between purple and black translusence and was kind of formless.

It didn't come out great in the video but you can make it out if you look close. When I said, "Hello" it turned and looked at me and then came right at me while it dematerialized. I was pretty scared at the time.

Anyway, here it is

the video

Let me know what you make of it

I watched the vid several times. My 1st reaction was: it’s prob. fake. Why?

- I didn’t see any key of the keyboard moving, so where came the music from?
- Sounds, like piano music and moaning can very easly be added to a vid later.
- I didn’t see any ghost in the vid, merely a reflection of some light that came from the window. The curtains are moving a bit (bc of the wind?) and between the windowsills and the curtain comes light into the room that reflects on objects.

But ….. the last 2 secs when the music booklet looks like it’s been hit .. cud be the Real thing.

Tip: How to encounter ghosts?
- If you’re scared just go out of their way. You cud try closing your eyes and focus on the phrase: ”Please Leave this Room/house/ place!” repeat that several times if needed. You can feel a lil cold breeze or an electric vibe but that’s all.

- NEVER ask a ghost to come to you if you’re sure who the ghost is or what you want from/with it!

- If you act scared, the ghosts energy ‘feels’ that and ‘feeds’ on that emotion, it will attract them.

- Be calm, sit down and ask what the ghost wants / needs (if you’re NOT scared that is).

- Before EVER filming a ghost IN a house/ place where ppl live, you better ask first if it’s permitted.

- If the ghost stays despite your asking it to leave, you cud always consider to do a exorcism by a Catholic priest or a Voodoo master.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Hey man, No disrespect.. cool video. i dont think its real but who knows eh? weirder things have happened. but thanks for keeping us entertained.

my sentiments exactly. I doubt this is real. The whole "ghost piano" is so cliche'.I mean stranger things "have" happened yes. But then again, there's no way to say there is, or isn't a second person helping him pull this off.

Or even fine filament line tied to his right hand, and he could just as easily pull the books himself. I'm sure there's also a way to rig a piano to play two notes consecutively, over and over.

I don't like the abrupt stop of filming, I alsways hate it in UFO films, and I'm not likeing it here neither.

Also the fact that he joined ATS on the 27th, then posted the video on the 29th, saying he recorded it "yesterday. Means he just so happened to join ATS the day before he caught this one in a lifetime film? I guess yesterday could mean a day and a half ago, and time zones and what not, and he did, join up, to post this, but something just doesn't seem right.

[edit on 31-5-2008 by Nola213]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I first veiwed the video without sound, i always do this as sound plays a huge part in how we 'feel' the video.... i didnt get any feeling watching it without sound, nothing paranormal, except for a very faint purpleish colour over the piano... with the sound on, its much more spooky, but thats what one would be hoping to achieve if it is a hoax......
....im still on the fence though, i lived in a house with alot of ghostly activity, i never caught anything on tape though... thats because when something spooky did happen, id leave the house (run out the house!) and not return until my parents were home lol...
....I personally would have dragged my partner out the bathroom, i wouldnt want to have witnessed it by myself

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I love the very end where the ghost appears to be VERY startled when you say"Hello".
If you had snuck up behind the ghost and yelled "AAAHHHH!!!", you would've
given it a heart attack. Oh wait...

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Digital-Enigma
Wow dude! I perosonaly think thats real. The apprehension in your voice makes it so. But you should have calmed down a bit.
Anyways..my cat was laying on my lap while i watched this..and i purposly turned up the volume. my cat just went nuts at the moaning sound. His ears perked up and he sat up straight looking around for the sound. Thats why i beleive in this vid.
That's because it recognizes the cat sound in the video. Its a cat daydreaming, softly yowling to itself, on the piano, probably behind the music sheet.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by fooffstarr

that with balls, is something i would love to have like him.
i would have runned out and said "go to hell" with my girlfriend in the shower
hehe.

or maybe we do things diffentents when we are there. like seeing a ghost or hear sounds. i can recall a days ago that i outside ( no wind ) heart a sound and few seconds later the same sound,the sound have i not hear in my hole life. not before that day.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join