It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost in my apartment and I got it on video

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
CX

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing this with us, i'm no expert to say whether it's fake or not, but it's cool anyway.

I understand what it's like posting a pic/video first time on here, have done it recently myself. If you're genuine, you still get your material ripped to shreds whilst people search for the answer behind it.

This is a good thing, but some can sound more harsh than others and it can kinda put you off posting anything like it again.

Hopefully people can give the poster a bit of credit and remember theres a chance that it could indeed be genuine. If the guy says all he can do is show us the vid, then we have to accept it.

As with most of the footage here in the paranormal section, those who don't accept it can't prove it's fake either.

Just comes down to a matter of opinion most of the time.

Nice video either way.

CX.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I saw an open window, drapes blowing, and an old piano. I bet a piano like that could be catching some wind and causing the hammer to vibrate a certain string, probably due to needed repairs. I didn't see anything at the piano or attacking. I think you are paranoid.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
i actually did see a dark shadowy figure toward the end - starting a few seconds before he said hello. again, there's always the possibility of a hoax, but i'll stay on the fence for now.

would you be ok with uploading the original video to me so i can do my own little analysis? it's hard to even do a frame by frame from the web player. if so, PM me and i'll give you the connection info. if you're ok with that i'll try to post whatever i find in here.

[edit on 30-5-2008 by an0maly33]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Well, if its a fake, without the use of CGI its a damn good one.

Nice video
although a better quality one would be nice too. Is this the only experience you and your wife had in the house? or has there been other types of disturbances?

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
i'm seeing nothing to suggest a fake yet either, i do hear the ghost singing along and the OP never mentioned it, which is strange if it is fake because it would need a touch of forethought to set up. i'ld like to see some analysis.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Look everyone... this user has an account on youtube as well. Why didn't he use his youtube account to upload the video? Also, it appears that he and his wife like to make hokey videos. I'm not saying its a hoax but I'm leaning that way considering he didn't upload it to his youtube account.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I personally believe you man. I just wanted to offer some support amongst all the negativity. I mean, really, who has never had an experience with a ghost in real life? I've had a couple. You know you saw it, right? That's all that really matters. Who cares if these guys believe you or not as long as you know the truth yourself. Maybe they haven't ever seen a ghost or spirit? I dunno. I don't think it matters whether the video is fake or not anyways because those who have had personal experiences know the truth. I just don't see why it would be worth the trouble to stage this whole video. You seem to have a natural excitement about something you've never seen before, which leads me to believe that you are genuine. Is this your first time seeing an apparition?

My first experience that I had was when my great grandmother died when I was 7 years old. I will never forget it. Me and my mom were sitting in the kitchen at the table and she had these two miniature vases sitting on the counter by the stove. One was shaped like a boot and the other was just a normal looking vase. The boot started to shake violently on the counter all by itself to the point where it almost fell off the counter. The vase sitting next to it was untouched and unmoved...perfectly fine. Approximately 5 minutes later we recieved a call that said my grandmother had passed in the hospital. Pretty freaky. And no, I don't have video evidence of this but I guarantee you that no one here is gonna convince me it never happened.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
double post...sorry.

[edit on 5/30/2008 by Mad_Hatter]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tuebor
I would have crapped my pants dude.

I almost peed my pants LOLing when I read this. In fact I'm still LOLing while writing this!

Ohh man, that's funny.....*tears streaming down my face*

Sorry to get off track OP.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mad_Hatter
I don't think it matters whether the video is fake or not anyways because those who have had personal experiences know the truth.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Ghost are real, period. We may not know exactly what they are, or why they are, but they are there. I am an investigator in a paranormal research group. We go into cases attempting to debunk, and we've had a few instances where that just wasn't possible. I have audio of voices that were not present at the time of recording. I have a piece of audio that was recorded under controlled circumstances using two pieces of equipment right next to each other. On one piece of equipment the garbled voice is present. On the second piece of equipment, it is not. And on the audio equipment where it was present, the voice is so distinct and loud that it would have had to have been picked up by the other audio equipment. And all of our audio is untouched, meaning we do not post process it to sculpt it into what people want to hear. Alot of investigators post process their audio to the point that it is just ridiculous to even consider it evidence. Matrixing is not only a visual phenomena, it is an audio phenomena too.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by stellawayten

Look everyone... this user has an account on youtube as well. Why didn't he use his youtube account to upload the video? Also, it appears that he and his wife like to make hokey videos. I'm not saying its a hoax but I'm leaning that way considering he didn't upload it to his youtube account.

Frankly, I didn't put it on my youtube, because I am just a normal guy, not some ghost expert. I did make a silly movie with my wife. There are also some music videos of us playing on my youtube. I kind of wanted to keep this separate from that.

Not really like a privacy thing, but I started the metacafe account to post it semi-anonymously. I don't need any more people telling me my band sucked.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Let's take a look at this...

1. You hear the piano playing.

2. You confirmed your wife is in the bathroom.

3. You then decide, for some odd reason, to take the camera into the room to film what exactly? A burglar? I would have had my gun or a bat, not a camera. Seems a little suspicious.

4. You enter and immediatley repeat s*** over and over. Very poor acting, IMO.

5. The keys on the piano are not moving.

6. I see no ghostly figure.

7. You continue acting scared, but you have no problem immediately moving in closer.

8. The ghost hears "hello", but doesn't hear you saying s*** repeatedly. Hmmm....

9. The manner in which the books fell over suggest a string was used.

10. Why stop taping all of the sudden?

11. You said "...shot at me like a bullet as it dematerialized". Seems to me the natural reaction when something heads right at you is to dodge or jerk away quickly. You remained pretty much still.

12. You registered for ATS on 05-26-08. Then on 5-28-08 you suddenly have a ghostly experience on video to share. Something is fishy here.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I see her. She appears to be a young girl with long, blond hair. And she also appears to be hovering OVER the keyboard rather than on the bench, correct? If this isn't a ghost, then she looks like some sort of reflection of someone across the room.

Have you had any paranormal activity in the apartment before this?

[edit on 30-5-2008 by Greywolf73]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I'm not saying this is fake but I did convert the video from FLV to MP4 to try to modify the video opacity, channels, adjust, image control etc...and didn't see a thing.
I did however see a key movement towards the middle of the keyboard but then again could also be that I had the video magnified at 400%.
The moaning is not that of a young girl...sounds more of a chanting of some sort from a male voice IMO.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
ok, so it wasn't one of those automatic pianos and it wasn't the wind that was blowing the drapes the same wind that knocked the sheet music off the shelf...and I am on the moon surfing the web too.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Minus the bad acting, this is extremely well done. I don't believe it for a second, but it's entertaining nonetheless. Definitely one of the better "ghost" videos I've seen.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Cool video. I'm no expert on these things, so I can't say if the video was fabricated or not. I did notice the dark figure though, although it's very difficult to even tell what it is. I don't see a women or a little girl, just a big dark blob. It could just be the shadow of an object in the room. But I don't know, it's just a guess.

If this video is fake though, than your a pretty damned good hoaxer.

[edit on 30-5-2008 by Striker122]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
The very first thing I looked for was the wind blowing the books off, but at the same moment the books fall, the curtain in the window is moving TOWARDS the window. So, in My opinion, the wind DID not blow the books off.

the "Oh &%#@"'s were whispered, so no you probably wouldn't hear it from across the room, ( you can tell because the "hello" is so much louder)

It may very well be faked, but I'm on the fence about this one, the falling books were a nice touch at any rate.

( it also could be that the ghost visited BECAUSE you joined ATS, just a thought........to keep some of you sleepless at night.................
)

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by cadavaler

An0maly33 offered and I'll offer as well. There are many sites where you can post large files to an FTP for free. Put the original video where it can be downloaded and U2U me and I'll split it into individual frames and review them one by one. If your not willing or you ignore the requests, it does not help your case. If you do it, it lets us know you are sincere no matter what is on the video.

There are many of us here qualified to do this, so if you prefer another, contact them and ask they review the original.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join