It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican to excommunicate women priests

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Vatican to excommunicate women priests

news.ninemsn.com.au

The Vatican has issued its most explicit decree so far against the ordination of women priests, punishing them and the bishops who try to ordain them with automatic excommunication.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Once again the Catholic Church shows the world that they are still living in the Medieval days. I cannot believe for a minute that they are still so out of tune with the modern world. Perhaps if they updated their antiquated and contrived beliefs than people wouldn’t be leaving them in droves.

But what really does my head in is the fact that if I am a filthy paedophile abusing my flock I get a slap on the wrist, moved to a new parish (where I get to molest fresh victims) and it is all covered up. But if I ordain a woman as a priest, I am excommunicated?? How do these troglodytes sleep at night…

news.ninemsn.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I'm not disagreeing with you at all, but I didn't even think that they were considering letting woman be ordained like...ever. I grew up as a Catholic, but am not practicing any longer and haven't for years so I may just be out of the loop.

I don't agree at all with lots the catholic religion does, or doesn't do, but I think it is pretty ridiculous to not allow women to be ordained. Guess the catholic religion is a "Man" thing.

new topics

join