It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Age Alien Cults

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Hi,

I grew up in Berkeley, California. My family had friends who were seismologists. They quit their jobs to move up to Mt. Shasta and start a Cult. We still get the the newsletters from "Anterra" and "Omeron" the "living incarnations of Buddha" on earth inviting us to their "$500 per night per person private mountain bungalow." Metatron or something.

Act fast: You too can wear a white robe and tinfoil pyramid atop your head as you sock and birkenstock your way to Shasta base camp to listen to "Anterra" and "Omeron" tell you how "you are you and everything is you and you are everything and everything is connected to everything else." Oh and "black ops people told me so."

I believe in extraterrestrials. I believe in UFOs. I believe the truth is out there. I also believe that there are charlatans out there.

New Age Alien Cults are not hard to spot, their leaders sound like "Anterra" and "Omeron."

I suppose lately I've been disappointed with some members here on ATS, who "buy into" this type of mass navel-watching so easily and so completely.

Remember Jonestown!

[edit on 29-5-2008 by telepath]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by telepath
Hi,

I grew up in Berkeley, California. My family had friends who were seismologists. They quit their jobs to move up to Mt. Shasta and start a Cult. We still get the the newsletters from "Anterra" and "Omeron" the "living incarnations of Buddha" on earth inviting us to their "$500 per night per person private mountain bungalow." Metatron or something.

Act fast: You too can wear a white robe and tinfoil pyramid atop your head as you sock and birkenstock your way to Shasta base camp to listen to "Anterra" and "Omeron" tell you how "you are you and everything is you and you are everything and everything is connected to everything else." Oh and "black ops people told me so."

I believe in extraterrestrials. I believe in UFOs. I believe the truth is out there. I also believe that there are charlatans out there.

New Age Alien Cults are not hard to spot, their leaders sound like "Anterra" and "Omeron."

I suppose lately I've been disappointed with some members here on ATS, who "buy into" this type of mass navel-watching so easily and so completely.

Remember Jonestown!

[edit on 29-5-2008 by telepath]

The two main new-age alien cults that I know of are:

- The Church of Scientology

- The Raelians

any others for the list?

Duncan

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Oh yeah, the cross-posting is rampant, just look around. All these "transhumanists" claiming human ascendancy with a push from ETs on the year 2012. I think it stems from people like Terrence McKenna.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
People thirst for spiritual fulfillment there is a reason for that.

Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater just because there are obvious charlatans out there attempting to cash in on the weak and gullible (most people).

top topics

join