It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Demon Hunting

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I've recently become convinced that my purpose in life is to eradicate demons/evil spirits/whatever you prefer to call them. Does anyone have any serious advice on how to get started on this endeavor?

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Well it depends on which angle you wish to take this.The normal route is through the practice of exorcism.I actually have a roman catholic exorcist rite somewhere in my stuff.Though because demons and satan are primarily a Judea-Christian concept, exorcism is steeped greatly in calling forth the power god and jesus christ as an aid in the banishing ritual.Using three primary tools: the cross,the vial of holy water, and relevant verses from the bible.I also understand that exorcism requires a priest of unwavering faith in god so that he may become a vessel for gods power in the banishment.It is also to note that a normal man cannot banish a demon but it is only through the power of god with the priest as a medium can a demon be exorcised.There may be alternative rites by other systems of beliefs that you can use should a god concept feel out of place for you.I am aware that buddhist shamans also perform banishing rituals for evil spirits but these are really detail intensive and require a lot of chanting and prayer.That being said there may be pagan style rites of banishment, though I do not know of any.I hope this has helped you somewhat ^~^

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Thanks for the reply! I am Christian...and have quite a strong faith (compared to others...maybe not compared to what it SHOULD be.) I am Lutheran, so we do not have Priests, but Pastors...and I've never heard of Lutherans performing exorcisms. I DO believe that any hunting must be done as a vessel of God, and only through His power are we capable of overcoming a demon.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
lol, then you are surely on the right track
.With exorcism it seems god is your best bet as something that is conducive to how you view the world.I found this link just a few moments ago, perhaps you can make use of it. ^~^

www.angelfire.com...

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Thanks for the info. However, I don't believe I am talking about exorcising the possessed. I am talking about hunting roaming, malevolent demons.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
You have a long and exhausting road a head of you with that.

You will need more then Faith to help you.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I assumed I would, hence my posting here. Perhaps you can tell me what else I need?

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
There are a few links on that site I provided.Though i have not heard of priests going demon hunting, that is actually going out to look for them.They are usually brought to a home/dwelling to exorcise a person or the house itself.The exorcism ritual for a person is pretty much the same for an exorcism for a house.I would imagine however that the tools would be similar.I couldn't find much on demon hunting just anecdotal evidence of hunts themselves and these are more for incubus/succubus,tengus,vampires,werewolves.If I find anything I'll let you know ^~^

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by HolyPurpose

A way to get a demon to appear to you is to think of one and call upon one. But, that does not guarantee that they will appear to you. But, be weary they might trick you as in making you believe they are an angel or a loved one.

If you are deep in the faith, they will not appear to you. For them to appear, you have to be borderline in the faith per say.

I would say, study the occult you will get a lot of information you won't get at church in there about the dark side. Also, look into the book of Enoch also and some of the other books that were left outside of the bible.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
It's funny you mention they might trick me into believe they are a loved one. One of the reasons I am starting to feel that this is my purpose is an incident that happened a couple months ago. My grandfather's ghost has appeared to several members of my family at my grandmas house. Well, they thought it was him anyways. I had never seen him...until a few months ago. He appeared when I was there. Everyone else saw Grandpa, but I sure didn't. Nasty creature is what I saw. When it looked at me, I can only describe it as a shocked look on its face...I assume it could tell I could see it in its true form. Now for the 2nd strange part...it fled. I didn't do, or say anything. But it fled, and has never been seen again.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   

You had the protection of God I have to say. Just like on 9/11 people saw a monster in the smoke, I saw a pretty male figure, lucifier. But, no one I know except one person saw this.

Demons are the masters of deception. I honestly think, that all of the alien sightings and the upcoming alien invasion will be of demons.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
They certainly are the masters of deception, but obviously some can see through that. As I said, it's not as if I did or said anything special, I just saw the demon for what it was.

You call it an invasion...I couldn't agree more. I see a war coming...and there needs to be people to step up and fight the darkness before it consumes us all.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
This thread is so funny.

Please HolyPurpose, tell me you're joking here.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Well First I have a different mind set then most being a Witch..
Spirits and creatures that go bump in the night do not bother me.. No pun intended.

It's mostly about Will Power.. Are you stronger then It or vice versa..
Faith will also aid you. Spirits, Demons or what ever will not just show up to say Hiees... Here I am.
If you find something...
Your intentions will most likely be known to them.. Being from the Great beyond and all.

A good start is looking for some background materials..
Books,books and more books..

Books to help you improve your Psychic ability
Books that involve Ritual magic
Books on the basics of Witchcraft
Books on Invocation "This one teaches you how to invoke.. Bring a spirit with in you" Maybe not such a good idea.. But a good read and knowledge is always useful.
Books on Evocation.. This kind of knowledge teaches you to call spirits or other "Things" to you.

Some people think all this related to the Devil... NOT SO.

If you have a true interest in banishing things.

Be prepared.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Yes, since we are on the same page. I have been told the NWO will show it's face in 2-3 yrs. from now after the South American Union (has been confirmed), the NAU and the African union is formed. This is when the Anti-Christ will be known.

But, you are right, the darkness will begin to show up on our plane a lot more around this time.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
must i let you know your not the only one with this mind set
if you have any info on killing demons or whatever they are please tell me
e-mail at [email protected]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Sometimes i think people make these threads to annoy and screw with. Maybe to see what other people would say and to make themselves feel special.

Just edited to ask: Are these demons metaphorical? As in - are they emotional problems? If so your in the wrong forum.

[edit on 4/6/08 by Critical]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I think someone has watched one too many episodes of "Supernatural"

As awesome as it seems on TV dude, it's not the same thing

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigbert81
This thread is so funny.

Please HolyPurpose, tell me you're joking here.

I agree with you. I think these guys think "demon hunting" is going to be like a episode of Buffy. You're not going to go out with a shotgun and a cross shooting these things in the head guys. Its a spiritual battle between faiths, nothing more. Demons are a way to relate one's emotions, the constant battle between good and evil.

So if you're looking to put on a trench coat and kill demons, go rent a video game. If you're looking to do something only a ordained minister can do, you've got some long years of schooling ahead of you.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join