It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Do I Go About Putting An Immage On A Thread Post?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I have seen plenty of images in threads. I have read the part about images in the help section on this site, but it talks more about putting images on for the avatar.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   

[edit on 29-5-2008 by jhill76]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
First you should save the image in a folder, so it can be found for uploading.
You can upload via the member center, be sure to save the url address by copying it.

Found in the post reply or thread, there are options, the "color screen and paint" icon which is INSERT AN IMAGE, to the right of the globe or hyperlink icon, is where you can post images from.

I'm not good at explaining the process, hope it made sence. Perhaps another member knows how to make a pictorial for instructions. Wish I did, it is easier to show than explain.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I would type this:

[url=http://premium1.uploadit.org/Hellmutt//S7001244-1400x1050.jpg] [ats=640x480]http://premium1.uploadit.org/Hellmutt//S7001244-1400x1050.jpg[/ats][/url]

To get this result:

Photo: Hellmutt

Hope it helps

edit: D'oh

[edit on 2008/5/29 by Hellmutt]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Here's an easier variant:

Type this:

[ats]http://premium1.uploadit.org/Hellmutt//Chinglish-797498.jpg[/ats]

to get this:

Note: Don't use ats-tags to hotlink images. Only for pictures you "control" or have uploaded somewhere.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Thanks for the response everyone!
Now so what I have to do is up load an image to the member center up load space then use the load image icon so the image will appear in the post?

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

I never use those buttons and icons. When you get used to it, it's faster and better to type it by hand.

edit to add;
And of course, I'll copy/paste the links. SHIFT+Insert to paste a link from the clipboard.

[edit on 2008/5/29 by Hellmutt]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Hellmutt,
ok thanks, I think I will be using the buttons until I get more use to the way it works. But the key point is I need to up load the image to my up load space first. Then use the ats url address to get the image to appear in the post.
Also that is a great pic you used for the example.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Just keep in mind that the member upload space is for small pics only. Pictures over 100k can't be uploaded. It's good for avatars, signature pics and smileys. For pictures over 100k, I'd use Imageshack, Photobucket, Uploadit.org or any other upload service.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Hellmutt
when I have liked to photobucket in the past the link shows up in the post, not the image. Is it possible to get the image to show up in the post while having it posted on photobucket?

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   

I use photobucket all the time on this site, what you need is the IMG code. when you select the IMG code from photobucket it will automaticly copy the correct code to the clipboard then you can paste it using CTRL + V into your post to get the picture to show up.

Thats what I do, seems to work easily. The reason that admin don't want you to hyperlink directly to an outside image is because for one it's a huge strain on other websites. (cause were so cool other websites can't keep up with all of our awesome members using up their bandwith) and for two it's kinda like stealing. So they requested that we use a image hosting service like photobucket in order to host our spiffy files.

So in photobucket you copy the [img] encased url and paste it here and you will get your awesome image that will blow everyones mind and make you the talk of ATS

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   

I don't use photobucket myself, but I'm sure if you use ats tags, it will show in the post.

[ats]www.photobucket/blahblah.jpg[/ats]

[edit on 2008/5/30 by Hellmutt]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I always use the [img ] tags....

I use both Photobucket and Imageshack, although i do use Imageshack the most as I have the "bar" and it makes it alot easier to upload...

I guess the [img ]XXXXX[/ img] tags are acceptable...

Semper

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Thanks to everyone who posted the information and advise!
Ok use the img take from photobucket and the image should show up in the thread. I will be giving that a try in the forth coming threads, hopefully.

top topics

join