It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chopper Catches Glimpse of Lost World

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Cool, we should leave them alone as much as possible, any contact with modern civilization will probably kill them via microbe.

I don't envy them however. I will take my well insulated home, my running water, my car, my computer, and my reasonable immunity to diseases that spread across the planet among other modern niceties. The savage life living in a grass hut just isn't for me.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I think the parallels here are hilarious.

And they make so much sense too.

My initial thought was, I wonder what they thought about the Helicopter.

Very brave indeed, to stand there with bow and arrow while a Helicopter is way high in the air, much higher than you can fire at. Humans who know full well what a Helicopter is run like heck! for cover when they see them or hear them in many other parts of the world.

At the same time, imagine what would happen to these poor chaps if the Islamic Radicals take over the world. For one, there'd be no translator, so it would basically be a scene of ..

"Kneel like this! No, stupid~! This direction! Arghh, you infidel fools!!"

*crazy Islamic Cleric starts lopping off heads*

Hey, is anyone else impressed at the size of their largest hut? That thing is like .. 2 or 3 stories tall, even though it only has a ground floor. I wonder how they did that .. *hmm*

Savages are smarter than me!

[edit on 5/30/2008 by runetang]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   

"Kneel like this! No, stupid~! This direction! Arghh, you infidel fools!!"

*crazy Islamic Cleric starts lopping off heads*

ROFLMA..> That was pretty funny I was not expecting that

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by pikypiky

i'm pretty sure doing that would frighten and confuse them more. you have to understand that these tribes do not 'see' the same way as we do. there were many documented cases of previously unknown being shown photographs and they didn't 'see' what we would have done in them- to them it was swirls of colour that they couldn't make sense of - they couldn't 'see' the images in the pictures. how could they equate a picture of the eiffel tower or a train or a busy shopping centre to ANYTHING in their life? the just wouldn't 'see' it. all our 'good ideas' for them have to be thought through carefully.

perhaps 'we' shouldn't go and see them at all - rather, we could send an emissary from another tribe who we have had contact with (who would also have to be willing to risk their own life due to high risk of them being killed by this tribe) to go to them and explain what it was that they saw and that there is an outside world that now knows they exist but which is so far removed from how they live that they should be given the choice as to whether they wish to know about it or not. if not, they should be left in peace. yes it would be great to learn about this tribe and perhaps they would be curious about us too but let it be their decision. even if they do decide they want contact then it shouldn't be immediate but a gradual introduction to what the other world is like through the eyes of other tribesmen and not by us.

these could be the last truely 'free' people on the planet - they really ought to remain that way.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by wutone
Cool, we should leave them alone as much as possible, any contact with modern civilization will probably kill them via microbe.

I don't envy them however. I will take my well insulated home, my running water, my car, my computer, and my reasonable immunity to diseases that spread across the planet among other modern niceties. The savage life living in a grass hut just isn't for me.

Maybe it's just one of those 'the grass is always greener' things, but I'm sure materialism is not a concept they are familiar with. They have everything they need and everything they want. How many of us can say that?

Once they learn of the outside world all that will change and they will never be the same.

[edit on 30-5-2008 by Flory]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flory

Maybe it's just one of those 'the grass is always greener' things, but I'm sure materialism is not a concept they are familiar with. They have everything they need and everything they want. How many of us can say that?

Once they learn of the outside world all that will chance and they will never be the same.

Haha well we are still "assuming" here.

They very well may be sacrificing the village lesbian to the god of seduction, so that they may have protection from the helicopter. And tomorrow they will kill a couple of babies to the god of innocence, so that their village will be protected for the whole season.

LOL of course not true, but that's all we are doing, guess work.

[edit on 30-5-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Once they learn of the outside world all that will chance and they will never be the same.

Haha well we are still "assuming" here.

They very well may be sacrificing the village lesbian to the god of seduction, so that they may have protection from the helicopter. And tomorrow they will kill a couple of babies to the god of innocence, so that their village will be protected for the whole season.

LOL of course not true, but that's all we are doing, guess work.

[edit on 30-5-2008 by _Phoenix_]

good point

They are still human and could be just as irrational and harm their own just like us 'civilized' people.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I could picture one whipping out a spartan laser and getting a triple kill or something haha.My bad just got off halo.
In all seriousness though heres the perfect chance to use those spy satellites we all paid for.We could peacefully spy on them and they'd never no or be harmed or corrupted.Im sure we would learn alot from observing them.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   
OH man i wish the person who took this picture had looked into their heart and found the person they were before they became a journalist.

I hope they realize what he/she has done to this tribe Who has been untouched by all the greed of the modern world

The tribe has survived for many years with out interference from US and now all they have known will just be destroyed Because some wanker journalist wants to make a $1

Reminds me of ET looking down on us

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I feel that they should just be left alone for like forever!

But..

The Nerdy Geekier Scientific side of me you know they guy that sits on a PC at work and home would love to see what were we like way back then you know the way they are living now!

Man that would be cool it's like stepping into a time machine!

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by duffster

Reminds me of ET looking down on us

I kind of makes me wonder what the things inside the UFO's are thinking when some fighter jet tries to chase after them.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 03:29 AM
link   
A quote from another forum I visit :

You have church groups, relief agencies, military operators, social scientists, archeologist's, etc...all dying to get their hands on people like this. Of course, they would get killed trying to do it from the ground, these tribes will out and out kill you as an outsider. The west shows up with radios and food, they look at it hastly and toss it aside, tell you to leave. One kid starts messing with the radio and picks up some music, people in the tribe start to get intrigued. They open up the food, and have a taste, its good and safe. A few weeks later, a landrover shows up with more things, they communicate in archaic means, give them t-shirts with Nike logos and shoes to boot. These tribes are all now big pimpin. The move into the nearest big city, get shaved up, loose the war paint and get a job cleaning urinals at the local Hilton hotel. Before you know it, the tribe has lost contact with each other and the people individually begin to enter into a deep cycle of poverty, they are unbelievably sad. They get a group of people back together, by shear luck, they take a bus to the border of the inhabited areas, they go and take rental cars as far as they can go. They walk back into their lands, its nothing but smoke, machinery, cane fields and a totally lost culture. They go back, live off the rest of their lives a miserable existence. In Brazil, we talked to Army guys that were born into these kinds of situations, they can talk about this stuff at great length. It so sad to listen to, they were living a fairly decent life. They had death and other issues, but at the very least they were happy, until man showed up and tempted them. The story gets repeated over and over again so many times people have lost count. When I would train in areas like this in S.A., we would run into friendly tribes, I always told them to just hold onto what you have and ignore us. We cannot do anything better for you than you can for yourself. We are just passing through. The only time I'd do anything for them was to help someone who was injured, I had medicine so I gave it to them. Never stayed to see if the antibiotics worked out, but thats about the limit of my engagements. They need to be left alone, its better in the jungle than in the city.

www.doomers.us...

[edit on 30-5-2008 by pai mei]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Beelzebubba

Wow what where they thinking when they watched the chopper fly over!
To us that's the same as seeing a real UFO!

Sorry form them they don't have proof or a piece of what they observed not even a bad picture. will they be believed if they tel others who did not see the helicopter?

[edit on 30-5-2008 by johndoeknows]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by runetang

Its a sad indication of the state of the world when someone chooses to turn something like this into a rant against islamic people, for the sake of it.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

Its a sad indication of the state of the world when someone chooses to turn something like this into a rant against islamic people, for the sake of it.

True

As if Christians haven't destroyed people like this. I guess some people need to brush up on their history.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   
If that helicopter would have landed and abducted one of the tribe members, done some random rectal exams, and then dropped him off a few days later in the exact same spot, do you think the neighboring tribe would believe him?
THis says it all. I gaurantee you if a Se.A.L. team would have jumped off of that chopper and fired a few rounds into the air, you would see cave paintings and for that matter, a whole religion would crop up and a thousand years from now all would tell great stories of the day the Gods came down from the heavens and were not pleased with the offerings of his people. and God saw tha they were a fearful people who wanted to war with God,and draw their bows as they might, THe "Gods" shot forth fire from their fingertips and hot metal did fly from the lords ROD of iron.
THe people of this age were careful never to eat meat on Friday again, for this is the day that "God" showed his vengance and did smite the villagers
for their ungodliness

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   

True

As of Christians haven't destroyed people like this. I guess some people need to brush up on their history.

Yes the Christian did help destroy but if you look at the real numbers
you'll find that more than anything else that destroyed most of the new world Indian was small pox. More than the Church, or the Armies, they had almost ZERO resistance those tribes either never dealt other tribes near them to contract it or they are some of the very few who had a resistance

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Um .. show me the rant?

I made one joke, out of a whole post of points and ideas and thoughts, none of which that had anything to do with Islam.

I saw some people making jokes about RELIGION, how the helicopter flying over would cause them to make a new RELIGION about HELICOPTERS. Going into "prophecies" of the "return" and the "good" and "evil" people "fighting each other" over it, as well as the sacrifice comments. All of it is insensitive, sad, and everything you said about ME.

What's really sad is that it takes ME making an Islam joke to get you to notice what had been happening since the creation of this topic. But since making fun of Christianity, Judaism, and Sacrifical Paganism is okay, you didn't seem to notice care or comment. Yet when someone busts out the Islam joke to make things fair, you become offended.

So, what's your explanation for only seeing with one eye?

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by brokenbliss

I was shocked to realize there are still people out there who are still figuring it out like we were 2000 years ago.

I think that we are the ones that are still figuring it out. These people probably live in perfect spiritual and natural harmony and know the true essence of life.

Also, I bet that if you would ask them about their origins, they would speak of a Serpent race that came from the skies and created mankind, just like all the other unspoiled ancient cultures do.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by enigmania
reply to post by brokenbliss

I was shocked to realize there are still people out there who are still figuring it out like we were 2000 years ago.

I think that we are the ones that are still figuring it out. These people probably live in perfect spiritual and natural harmony and know the true essence of life.

Also, I bet that if you would ask them about their origins, they would speak of a Serpent race that came from the skies and created mankind, just like all the other unspoiled ancient cultures do.

That's exactly why they should be left alone because they are the best time capsule we will ever come across

Like I replied earlier it would be like going back in time and see the way we were Get their story of the flying serpent straight from the horses mouth!

Not some watered down version that we all read about

For spelling

[edit on 30-5-2008 by SLAYER69]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join