It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican says will excommunicate women priests

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Yes.

Read the link attached to the original posts. Each word that you are asking about is an HTML link to a relevant news story.

Follow your nose.

Love,
Your Friendly Neighborhood NASA black ops false flag plant

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

There will NEVER be women priests in the Catholic Church because there were no women at the last supper when Christ instituted the priesthood.

I've heard that male Priest could not marry for economical reasons. (housing widows, etc.) and I'm happy to hear that this rule is somewhat flexible and that a liberal Pope could change this if he desired. Would you happen to know why the RCC believes Priests cannot marry? (didn't they use to be able to marry? - forgive my ignorance)

fatdad, I'm a little confused as to how women priests would cost more money.
Like males, they would not be able to have children either, (celibacy oath) so why would it cost more?

(IMO, it actually be cheaper since women generally weight less than their male counterparts and therefore probably eat less)

EDIT: Question to FF withdrawn, sorry. (missed your reply to budski)

[edit on 31/5/08 by ConspiracyNut23]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by GoodNewsAtheism

Who provided more information and progress to the betterment of mankind, your little blog link or the many catholic founded universities of the middle ages?

Yes I have seen your link, it attacks all kinds of religions but I wonder if that isn't a religion unto itself.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ConspiracyNut23

There are Eastern Catholic Churches that are connected to the Roman Catholic Church that does allow for married priests. They don't have as much concern about a man's family responsibility as the Roman Catholic Church does.

The pope or the bishop meetings can change it back if they so felt like it. Whether or not a priest is allowed to be married has nothing to do with doctrine.

The women priest thing will never be found or allowed in the traditional Catholic or Orthodox churches. If people want a women priest, they can join the Anglican Church or something.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Ahh religion is so tolerant and moral in this day and age, no? First children, now women, what segment of society can the Catholic church traumatize and/or alienate next?

A sign nailed to the door of every Catholic church reading, "No girls allowed!" seems appropriate on so many unfortunate levels

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by wutone
reply to post by GoodNewsAtheism

Who provided more information and progress to the betterment of mankind, your little blog link or the many catholic founded universities of the middle ages?

Yes I have seen your link, it attacks all kinds of religions but I wonder if that isn't a religion unto itself.

Well if I'm competing with every *dedicated* Catholic on the whole PLANET, well, they probably have me beat by a hair. But if that's the standard you need, then that says a whole lot about what I'm competing with.

And try to make sure you don't get confused about "things discovered by Catholics" and "things Catholicism discovered." That's important and you seem a little slow on that point.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoodNewsAtheism
And try to make sure you don't get confused about "things discovered by Catholics" and "things Catholicism discovered." That's important and you seem a little slow on that point.

Thats kind of like me saying, don't get confused about "things discovered by atheists" and "things atheism discovered." That game is really easy to play.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by wutone

Originally posted by GoodNewsAtheism

Thats kind of like me saying, don't get confused about "things discovered by atheists" and "things atheism discovered." That game is really easy to play.

Sure. If you want to compete with humanism, good luck.

So, lets talk about things Catholics do, and things Catholicism does.

The United States is infested with pedophiles who are paid ambassadors of Vatican state doctrine (they are called 'priests'). The Vatican's stance on condoms has been described in official UN documents as worsening the HIV pandemic across the world. I am certain that the Vatican's condom stance results in far more deaths every year than Islamic terrorism against the United States causes.

Vatican City is a dictatorial theocracy with a single, unelected supreme leader who is appointed by an unelected oligarchy of doctrinaires (many of whom are either guilty of crimes against humanity in their support of the Vatican's condom stance, or who are in some way connected to the Vatican's extensive network of pedophiles and people who protect or transfer pedophiles). Vatican City has a single state religion and you must adhere to the state religion in order to be a citizen of Vatican City. Vatican City routinely issues condemnations of medicine, feminism, science, equality, and secular democracy.

If you replaced every instance of 'Vatican City' with 'Iran' in the previous paragraph, you would have to remove some information because Vatican City is in principle worse than Iran. The Vatican is just too politically flaccid to get its nightmarish vision of how societies ought to be run enforced anywhere. Its impotence has been quite clear ever since extreme-majority-Catholic nations started disobeying official Church propaganda and started legalizing gay marriage. Fortunately, your average Catholic is smarter and more humane that Catholicism demands her or him to be.

Official Catholic doctrine recently changed to include 'extravagant wealth' as a sin. Meanwhile, last year, Peter's Pence drew in over $100 million. Official Catholic doctrine endorses cannibalism ('body and blood of Christ,' and the Catechism teaches that these are literal).

Official Catholic doctrine and the people who describe themselves (and are widely recognized) as the leaders of Catholicism are pedophiles, pedophile-enablers, genocidal criminals against humanity, homophobic, sexist, greedy, hypocritical lying criminals.

If you can show me a Richard Dawkins who says that women should not be allowed to be professors or a Dan Barker who thinks that a slow death from AIDS is preferable to birth control, you will win this argument. If you can show me a Christopher Hitchens or a Victor Stenger who routinely sodomizes their students, or a Daniel Dennett or a Sam Harris who covers up such crimes routinely, you will win this argument. If you can show me a Michel Onfray or a Peter Stark or a Walter Kaufman or an Antony Flew who thinks that gay people are evil, or who condemns all of mankind as condemned to eternal torment from birth, you will win this argument. If you can show me a Wendy Kaminer or a James Randi who teaches their children that cannibalism is good or that all of their schoolfriends will be on fire forever because they don't routinely devour their savior alive, you will win this argument.

If you cannot do all of those things, you have lost this argument.

Happy replying.

[edit on 5-6-2008 by GoodNewsAtheism]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join