It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Court: Sect children should be returned to parents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Court: Sect children should be returned to parents

news.yahoo.com

SAN ANTONIO - In a crushing blow to the state's massive seizure of children from a polygamist sect's ranch, the Texas Supreme Court ruled Thursday that child welfare officials overstepped their authority and the children should go back to their parents.

The high court affirmed a decision by an appellate court last week, saying Child Protective Services failed to show an immediate danger to the more than 400 children swept up from the Yearning For Zion Ranch nearly two months ago.
"On the record before us, removal of the children was not warranted," the justices said in their ruling issued in Austin.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Follow up from this thread HERE...

[edit on 29-5-2008 by jasonjnelson]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Here it is!!!!
So they will finally go home, and CPS can lick their wounds in a corner!
news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Texas officials claimed at one point that there were 31 teenage girls at the ranch who were pregnant or had been pregnant, but later conceded that about half of those mothers, if not more, were adults. One was 27.

This apparently only affects 140 or so of the kids, but the other cases expect similar rulings...

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Justice has been served. Finally a ounce of power given to the people. Now if these guys want to investigate the FDLS and take action accordingly go ahead but this take action first, spread propaganda, and give trial after has got to end it is not in the governments rights and the court ruled correct.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

I am so happy that in this one case, ,there seems to be a little justice. Just wait till you start to hear the horror stories from the kids about CPS, and we find that some kids have "disappeared".

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jasonjnelson

I hope no one has become to attached to the stolen children and babies. I think the Supreme Court of Texas has the power to send the Rangers to enforce its rulings. Now that would be ironic.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Thank God!

I hope whoever did this pays.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by eradown

I was literally just thinking along those same lines. What if some foster parent refuses to give up a baby to "those people"? Will they storm that persons house, and then take her other children away, throwing them around the state to be molested and God knows what?

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jasonjnelson
reply to post by mybigunit

I am so happy that in this one case, ,there seems to be a little justice. Just wait till you start to hear the horror stories from the kids about CPS, and we find that some kids have "disappeared".

Some kids dissapear? You must be from Florida. We had that happen a while back. Some kids were lost, they had no record of them, and when the mom had cleaned up her act, and was being awarded her kids again, they had no record of where they went or that they even had them (CPS that is, the courts knew CPS had them, just didn't know where they were)

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Justice has been temporarily preserved by requiring CPS and the state to follow the law when breaking up families or making accusations without evidence to back it up. A win for all free people, especially supporters of the United States Constitution.

CPS even went so far in attempt to influence public opinion and especially the judges of the state Supreme Court by releasing last minute pictures of jailed Warren Jeffs kissing what appears to be a underage girl. Instead of following the Law CPS attempted to use the MSM as a partner to further their criminal actions against Americans.

Now they can go back and follow the law, and if they find problems then they can deal with each case and each child one at a time as it should be.

If they find it is widespread abuse then the evidence will show that and they can continue with what they originally intended, but within scope of the law.

I've heard that some of the families were visiting from Canada and they state of Texas took their kids as well according to an interview on Larry King today. If true I wonder how long the State of Texas can hold them.

[edit on 29-5-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

But because of the extreme nature of this sects beliefs, notice that you heard no stink from the Canadian state department. Like I said, lets see how many CPS are arrested for unlawfully detaining adults, as old as 27!! Lets see how many of these children come up missing in the process. I'll hazard at least a dozen, if not more.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jasonjnelson

It's not over yet. There are many childless well connected people who wanted the babies of the cult. Some of those people still feel they are entitled to those babies. Certain people want those babies because it is well known that the FDLS people do not drink ,smoke, or use drugs. They do not even eat GMO foods.

[edit on 29-5-2008 by eradown]

top topics

join