It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are people against gay marriage?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Homosexuality IS a CHOICE!!!

Gays don't have a leg to stand on....

The director of the Human Genome Project, Dr. Francis Collins has stated that homosexuality is not "Hard Wired", there is no "gay gene". the Human Genome has been mapped and we now know there is no genetic cause for homosexuality!!!

PERIOD!!!

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Because...

www.break.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by mytquin

Gays don't have a leg to stand on....

The director of the Human Genome Project, Dr. Francis Collins has stated that homosexuality is not "Hard Wired", there is no "gay gene". the Human Genome has been mapped and we now know there is no genetic cause for homosexuality!!!

PERIOD!!!

You're freaking kidding me right? We can't figure out why our brains function in different patterns let alone something this prevalent. We still don't truly know 100% why people go bald, have cancer, or develop autism or alzheimers.... Give me a break. This guy as no clue. It is here say just like anyone on this board.

Figure out sociopathy, bipolar disorder, fast-twitch muscle, the remaining wisdom teeth in our environment even. We are constantly evolving creatures. We will NEVER catch up to our own genomes. What a pompus statement.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by mytquin

Is there a "straight" gene, then? Or do other biological factors determine that?

Your DNA and genome don't work like you imply anyway. Even if you had a gene for something, it doesn't mean you would necessarily use it. Genes are activated by chemical reactions that result from different hormones, environmental factors, etc. that depend on what you think and do. For example, many people are born with a "cancer gene" but most of the time it isn't activated until 30+ years into life, presumably by some unhealthy mechanism.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
You mean you are just going to DISMISS a scientists findings because it doesn't mesh with your twisted desires to have sex with the same gender?

It really is as simple as choosing what clothes you are going to wear or what food you want for dinner...YOU and ONLY YOU choose your own path, destiny or whatever you want to call it. AND you also choose your sexual preference. That's what it is after all...you PREFER having sex with the same gender or you PREFER not to...

CHOICE!!!

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
People are against gay marriage due to the fact they are affraid of a different view of sexuality. They may believe in God who forbids it, or they may have had a bad experiance around gay people, or they are plain homophobic. Gay people are going to be around if you like it or not.

America isn't Saudia Arabia. America started as a land of freedom and new opportunity.

If we, America have invited Mexicans, Puerto Ricans, Asians (you get the point) to stay in the country and have freedom of speech for our own heritage rights and freedom of speech of the people, then yes gay marriage should be a personal right to the individuals.

It's time to leave the dark ages. Gay married people watching Dancing with the Stars at night-time really isn't going to hurt the world.

Gay married people watching a tv show dancing with the stars? Oh my God, them gay people must be the Anti Christ plotting to kill us all.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I can tell you why.
Probably because back in the 80's, gays were referring to their lifestyle as an "alternative lifestyle". Alternative to what?
At the time, I understood this to mean alternative to traditional marriage but now it looks like they've changed their minds about the alternative bit.

Also, because health insurance rates will go up.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
To each their own. If some do not like it and have a problem with same sex couples..well then look the other way, walk away, go away!!!

I dont have any problem with people who get together with the same sex. Its their lives and I let them live it, just as others should allow others to live their lives as they see fit.

Chances are very good that those who gripe about it do some odd ball things of their own behind closed doors.

Live and let live.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I will be the first to state that I do not want to see gay people going at it in public, hell, I dont want to see straight people going at it in public. I do not understand it, I do not know if it is genetic or not.

What I do know is this. According to the Constitution of the United States, all people are created equal, endowed with certain unaliable rights to include life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Gay marriage should be legal based upon our own founding principles. We cannot have two seperate classes of citizens.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mytquin

This man states that ,does he?, despite the studies on the brain that show that homosexual men have brains more similar to womens, and the women, more similar to men. Sound science seems to fly in the face of whatever that man states, so he just took a nose dive in credibility. As to the title being, why are people against gay marriage? It should be why are some people, because I believe all people regardless to age, sex, religion, ethnic origins, economic position, health or disability, and sexual orientation are entitled to the same rights and qualitative equality measures. Anything else is primitive.

[edit on 4-10-2008 by mystiq]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Unfortunately there is but one answer to your question Religion, the very concept of marrige is a religeous concept, and the churches are dead against it and unfortunately religion controls our very exsistance how many politicians around the world are religious.

The very idea of christianity is the ultimate cult their powers reach to top of just about every government in the world that practices christianity, and if you talk to a non religious person most of them dont really care about same sex marrage (except for the homophbians).

But unfortunaely the control of governments is not only restricted to christians they are controlled by all the major religions look at all the the major developed countries of the world most desicions made of an ethical nature are infuenced by religion.

Whether you beleive in religion or not your lives are controlled by it which is why there is such a problem with same sex marriges

[edit on 10/4/2008 by mullet35]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I was going to start a thread about this subject, but found this one when I did a search on the issue. I have read every excuse that there is on this thread, and quite frankly, it sickens me. No matter what term you use, Marriage, Civil Union, Domestic Partnership, it's all the same damn thing as far as the government is concerned: It is a legal contract between two individuals. Nothing more, nothing less. If it were not a legal contract, you would not need a lawyer to get out of it.

It has nothing to do with having children, I know plenty of married couples who have no children and have no intention of having any.

It has nothing to do with any religion. I know plenty of married couples who have no specific religious beliefs, or different beliefs.

There is no "sanctity of marriage". 50% of marriages fail regardless of religious beliefs.

No single religion can claim they are the origin of marriage. It's one of the oldest 'institutions' of human society and predates any current religion.

Homosexuality in the human species is nothing new and has been a part of many great civilizations.

Homosexuality can be found in over 450 different species.

Homosexuality is not a choice. Either you are gay or you are not. Nobody wakes up one day and says, "Hey, I don't feel ostracized enough by society. I have far too many rights! I know, I'll be gay!!". Do you ever remember 'deciding' to be straight? Or is it just something that you are?

Homosexuals are not asking for special rights, only equal rights. One good reason for allowing homosexuals to enter such a legal contract is a personal story of a friend of mine.

I have a gay friend named Kevin. He and his partner Paul were together for more than 25 years and truly and deeply loved each other. When Paul came out to his family, who were Christian, they disowned him and never spoke to him again. Not one contact in those 25 years. He kept sending birthday and Christmas cards to them hoping things would change, but they never did. One day Paul just keeled over with a stroke and went into a coma. The hospital had to notify his family, as next of kin. They showed up, banned his 'fag' (the word his brother actually used to Kevin's face) partner, Kevin from visiting him, and did not allow Kevin or any of Paul's 'fag' friends to attend the funeral, which they did not attend either. To me it seems downright inhuman. After a life filled with love, Paul died and was buried alone.

Had they been allowed to enter into the legal contract known as 'marriage', Kevin would have legally been Paul's next of kin and none of this nonsense would have happened.

Those of you against gay marriage, I would ask you one thing: Should the government be allowed to say who can and cannot enter into legal contracts of any type? If so, where do we draw that line? Now please don't bring those under the age of 18 into this.

I think this debate is easy to solve: Against Gay Marriage? Don't marry one! Simple solution to a complex problem!

[edit on 19-10-2008 by JaxonRoberts]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I am 100% Pro Gay Marriage!

If a gay man and a gay woman want to get married the government or anyone should not stop them.

Equal rights for all....special rights for none!

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by mytquin

Oh, that was new to me. That's probably why so many people don't dare to tell others about their sexual orientation and many of these suffer greatly and some even kill themselves if not people like yourself help them to it. Homosexual orientation is no more a choice than hetrosexual orientation. Being a Christian is a choice however, and choosing what to concider important in being a good Christian is very faceted. Some people would say that being humane and loving would fulfill their mission as a Christian. Others see themselves as God's right hand men and use their time to hate and judging of the flesh. I however believe that truth rests in the texts themselves. Comparing Hebrew and Greek texts with modern translations show many paradoxes. If what modern translations of the Torah was correct about homosexually oriented people, then why are homosexuality accepted by many Jewish rabbis and priests? Because the Torah laws prohibits certain pagan rituals, not homosexuality. I have said this times over: What the Torah discribes concerning same gender sex is ritual sins which were quite common in certain parts of Kanaan.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Well I don't belive you have a choice at all but ok, lets assume it is... so what?

If being gay is a choice, then so is being straight...what makes one right and the other wrong?

If two men or two women get married are you suddenly going to die? No, well then where is your problem? It doesn't affect you even if you like to preted it does, all you are doing is affecting other peoples lives.

To all you Christians who find this 'wrong' "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone" You think this is wrong and consider it a sin, and yet we all sin...so are we all 'wrong'?

By the way I am straight, and I feel this way.
Heck im a Christian and I feel this way.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
People, I think, are against Gay marraige out of ignorance or fear. I say this because they are either ignorant of the fact that two people, whether male/male or female/female can feel the same for each other as males and females feel for each other. I also think that sometimes straight people fear something that they don't understand for one reason or another. This was how it was for me, being straight. But then I found out that several friends I've had down the years are gay, lesbian, and bisexual. I saw how they interacted with others who were straight and talked with them about it and found out that they have the same dreams, hopes, fears, asprirations, dreams, and desires as I do. So I found out that they are the same as me as far as just wanting to be treated the same way as straight couples go. I use the term straight couples because you do not have to be married, either, to have a long term relationship with another person. So although straight, I now do support the rights of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people to receieve the same benifits from society that straight people and christians get.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Lethil

god has never said kill non-believers im a christian and i read the bible, there is no where in the bible were it says that.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join