It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are people against gay marriage?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonfire2159
Personally I am for gay marriage. I don't see anything wrong with two men/women getting together. If they're in love, I don't see anything wrong with it.

because its wrong. and disgusting

Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: Trim Those Quotes - Please Review this link

[edit on 30-5-2008 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Melyanna Tengwesta

I totally agree with you. That's why I started this thread, to try and be open-minded to the other side of the argument. I figure everyone deserves to plead their case, even if I don't agree.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Are you freaking serious? Have you noticed that no one is paying attention to you anymore? I think you have taken it too far. Referring to people as "retards" and "dipsh-ts" now thats a little overboard. This was meant to be a discussion, not a slamfest.

reply to post by pak88

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by pak88

Even though I see this comparisson as apples to oranges, I'll state a main flaw in the argument. There is no way to show definitive consent between a man and an animal, because we don't understand what animals are communicating, obviously. I still don't see any justification for dictating how someone else should live their life, just because it is not a personal preference. There is no negative to same-sex marriage, except in that it brings out prejudice in those who are opposed. So, once again, I'll ask. Is there an objective reason as to why you oppose same-sex marriage, which isn't based on a preference? For example what is the effect that same-sex marriage will have on society, that you are not in favor of?

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by pak88

Belive or not that same sick argument was used against interracial marriage back in the day

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
The Agenda is sick and so is the whole debate about what homosexuals really want. They are a sick twisted group of people that want to adopt children to disguise pedophile behavior.

Here is a link to what can only be described as sick, twistd and evil. I say back in the closet you go. The people in this video should be rounded up and locked away from normal society.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chongun
okay look,

Sodom and Ammorah - search google
And see for you're self.

[edit on 30-5-2008 by Chongun]

You are talking about Biblical verse, which demonstrates what is the root of most people's discomfort and fear of homosexuals. People dont see a gay couple as "wholesome" or "natural" because they were brought up at some point with this belief. If it were not for the Bible people would never have thought the lifestyle immoral. Ancient Greece and Rome, for example- they didnt have the Bible to tell them this was wrong. So my opinion is that the Bible is the reason why people are against gay marriage.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by manticore
As a libertarian, if something doesn't bother me, it's okay with me. Why couldn't blacks and women vote in the past? Those proposing the ban had their arguments, but in the end, they were allowed to.

If a woman or man, loves a woman or man, let them get married. As a married heterosexual male, I don't like to see people making out in front of me, whether their heterosexual or homosexual.

How about people who want to be polygamists and can afford multiple wifes and children? How about people who are in love with their pets and want to marry them? Once you open this box, it becomes a Pandora's Box. It's certainly a complicated issue, though.

I agree- I hate to see people slobbing all over each other. DO that in private.

Manticore-
I love the Xanth novels too! Is your avatar from "A Spell for Chameleon?"

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I told you all the fundamental reason people oppose gay marriage is prejudism and ignorance.
This thread is a perfect case in point.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by LaBella
Are you freaking serious? Have you noticed that no one is paying attention to you anymore? I think you have taken it too far. Referring to people as "retards" and "dipsh-ts" now thats a little overboard. This was meant to be a discussion, not a slamfest.

reply to post by pak88

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

If you say so...

[edit on 5-6-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Perplexed

There is nothing sick or twisted about any of that. Also, bondage, sadomasachism, etc. are not owned by the gay community. All individuals of all backgrounds practice these stimultations. Here's an article for you to read.

www.thesmokinggun.com...

The sad part is, this man probably wouldn't have died if he had been able to practice with a partner or atleast a safety buddy. If his preference had been accepted, he would still be alive today. A waste of a life, because people won't accept that which they don't understand or don't necessarily like. But once again, I started this post for educated/objective reasons why people are against same-sex marriage. Please provide only reasons based on objective analysis, not a preference, and refrain from the idiotic it's "wrong", "not normal", "disgusting" arguments, unless you can provide an objective reason.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
If gays want to suffer the fate of marriage. Why should we disallow it.
Let them get legally entangled. So they have to pay 10's of thousands of dollars to separate. Let them have to support the partner they learned to hate. Let them never want to get involved again, for fear of being hurt.
Let them pay higher taxes because they have a spouse.
If they really think the straight life is so good. Let them try it!

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I'm against Gay marriage for several reasons, the most pragmatic of them being that it serves absolutely no purpose. None whatsoever. Marriage, as society sees it, is an institution between man and woman, and is typically a precursor to starting a family. The child can grow up in a well-adjusted environment, hopefully with both parents being present in their life. The nuclear family is the basis of human society, and is an important glue to hold things together. For gays to get married, its simply because they want to feel a part of society; it serves no purpose, since they can never truly have a family of their own, even if they adopt. If they do adopt, then the child will grow up in a depraved, diseased environment. Nice way to destroy a child's life simply so one gay can adopt a baby instead of a puppy.

Beyond that, matrimony is supposed to involve God. If you happen to not have a belief in God, that's fine, but realize that the entire institution of Marriage in Western Civilization is founded on the basis of God joining two people in Holy Matrimony. You may not like religion, and you may hate the Church, but you cannot escape history.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   

reply to post by pak88

Even though I see this comparisson as apples to oranges, I'll state a main flaw in the argument. There is no way to show definitive consent between a man and an animal, because we don't understand what animals are communicating, obviously. I still don't see any justification for dictating how someone else should live their life, just because it is not a personal preference. There is no negative to same-sex marriage, except in that it brings out prejudice in those who are opposed. So, once again, I'll ask. Is there an objective reason as to why you oppose same-sex marriage, which isn't based on a preference? For example what is the effect that same-sex marriage will have on society, that you are not in favor of?

You obviously haven't seen the dog whisperer...you'll be suprise. And the reason I oppose same sex marriage is because it's sick, and it's the gateway to other sick twisted stuff in this world. Bottom-line is that the sacrament of marriage means union, you can't have union with the same sex, it's making mockery of marriage, which is suppose to be between male and female.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   

There is nothing sick or twisted about any of that. Also, bondage, sadomasachism, etc. are not owned by the gay community. All individuals of all backgrounds practice these stimultations. Here's an article for you to read.
www.thesmokinggun.com...

Do you see a large community of heterosexual married couples having orgies and mocking the Christian religion in such a public way? Why not Islam? Why not any other religion? It's because they hate family values. Leave religion out of it and that's the basic message. Shock value and the destruction of everything to do with the normal family structure is what they are after.

One story on the smoking gun equals the pure evil displayed at that event? You have to do better than that...

So you are an apologist for crap like that.. whatever... This is what we can expect from "Gay Marriage?" Orgies and actual sex in the streets in plain sight of children with the government doing nothing? These people that do this have no decency and have no right to live among normal people.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by JonInMichigan

We know that all through history there have been a ton of gays. That's a fact. But did any of them marry? Has marraige ever been something that gays did? Why not? Was it necessary back then?

If two men lived together and everyone in the village sorta kinda knew they were "best buddies"...(Holmes and Watson anyone? Bert and Ernie perhaps?) and one died, did the State gov come in and kick the non- property owning partner out and take the property as a state possession? (it acctually happens ever day now - one has to sue to stop it) and that's what some gay couples have been dealing with over theyears. But did the state do that way back then, thus necessatating a legal gay marraige?

Peace,
Jon

[edit on 30-5-2008 by JonInMichigan]

[edit on 30-5-2008 by JonInMichigan]

This part of your quote struck me because I have always wondered what an ancient marriage would be- two families trade some goats or whatever and have a big dinner then the couple go to their hut, tent, or other dwelling and are married. The law was much simpler, so two men or women cohabitating for their entire adult lives would count as a marriage, maybe. Also, everyone knows about older "roommates", two old bachelors or spinsters who lived together forever. Most were probably gay couples. It was just not acknowledged in society as a gay union.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Yes, it's a 'rebellion' that should be squashed.

[edit on 30-5-2008 by pak88]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by pak88

I have seen the dog whisperer. He doesn't talk to the dogs. He uses basic psychology to manipulate the dogs into seeing you as the pack leader. He is not discussing philosophy with them, or finding out what their likes and dislikes are. He is a dog trainer, the title is just used as media sensationalism.

You can't deny though that there are heterosexual couples that are making a mockery of marriage, for they are in an unhappy marriage. Is it only the right of heterosexuals to have a failed marriage? I don't see why homosexuals don't have the right at a chance to be married, according to mocking marriage.

Also, there is no such thing as a gateway anything. There are stressors which make events more likely; rape, child abuse, neglect can lead to anti-social behavior. Being homosexual is not a choice, you're born gay. These people are attracted to the same-sex, it's what is driving them. There is nothing more natural and beautiful in the world than seeking happiness. Behaviors that are actually causing our world to crumble are greed, prejudice, close-mindedness, war, but not homosexuality. Sure, there are bad homosexuals out there, we're all just people afterall. There is no causation though between any negative trait and homosexuality. For what specific reasons do you find it sick?

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Please provide only reasons based on objective analysis, not a preference, and refrain from the idiotic it's "wrong", "not normal", "disgusting" arguments, unless you can provide an objective reason.

So you are saying there is nothing wrthis eventong with this event, the content or what they did in a very public way?

"'Gay' activists disingenuously call Christians 'haters' and 'homophobes' for honoring the Bible, but then lash out in this hateful manner toward the very people they accuse," said said Matt Barber, CWA's policy director for cultural issues."

And then there is this....is this Yes, I want those freaks adopting kids... What ever....

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join