It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are people against gay marriage?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by pak88

First of all Guys will do girls in the behind so hardly take and take in the sense that it is not just take and take in homosexuality terms. Second yes it's perverse but so is heterosexuality when you perform *Gasps* sex! Opposites attract? Who is to say that a male HAS to love another female. God has no say, God has not come down here and told people what we can or can't do, God has also not killed me in the 24 hour time that I proclaimed to him to prove his existence. Love never involves creation. You can't put a definition like that on Love, If and by a slim margin I do get married, it won't be to create, it would be to spend time with the one I love. Whether or not we create is not love, its about wanting to play part in the stereotype of family life or what not. Love does not always equal creating.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by pak88

It seems that the arguments that you are bringing up are based on emotion and an adherence to the bible. I haven't seen any objective analysis for your stand-point though. If homosexuality makes you angry, perhaps you should think about why it makes you angry. If you understood the bible, you would see it is full of contradictions and hypocrisy. No detailed decisions can be made from the bible.

The only lesson it has to offer is that true religion is loving those around you and providing aid to those who are in need. Jesus didn't go around condemning the counter culture group. Sure, he preached and such, but he loved them not hated them. God in the bible even sees that he's being a dick after the old testament and moves away from hate/fear-mongering to compassion and forgiveness. It makes no sense that god would hate homosexuals, because god is inside of all of us. By hating homosexuals and their ways, you hate god, and you hate youself, which is why I think this topic brings out such an angry response in you. That's just my opinion though, of course, you're the only one who knows what's going on in your head.

I do however feel that people who react with anger towards a position are usually doing so out of dissonance with a belief, that they can't justify through any means other than "that's how it's supposed to be." There is a difference between passion and anger. If you're passionate, you will still listen to the other side, if you're angry all arguments are thrown aside and laughed off. In reality, there is no such thing as "normal" behavior. I also feel that all behavior is good as long as it does not cause harm to someone, unless of course that individual is consenting to that harm (i.e. bondage). Saying something is wrong because the bible says so is an easy way out of looking at the world and trying to understand our life through the scope of the present.

By using the bible we rely on societal analysis based on an obsolete and prejudiced model. Just as we refine laws to better represent true freedom, so should we adopt new paradigms of societal interaction. We grow, or we die. Grasping to archaic values merely speeds up our atrophy. You have the right to your opinion of course, so do you have an objective reason other than personal dislikes/the bible/outdated value systems as to why you are against gay marriage? Or why you feel that it could be a personal affront?

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Wrong again. www.washingtonpost.com...

Originally posted by mytquin
I'll bet the majority of the gay folk here are voting for Clinton as well. Damned liberals!!!

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by LaBella

Glad you caught that one, LaBella.

I'm not a Clinton supporter at all. I like Obama, but I'm not a single issue voter.

Quite frankly, I feel that any support for the gay community offered by either candidate is just a campaign ploy to appeal to a pretty small audience. Like any politician ... Clinton has her own agenda as a priority, not mine. Obama's the same way.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leviatano
reply to post by pak88

First of all Guys will do girls in the behind so hardly take and take in the sense that it is not just take and take in homosexuality terms. Second yes it's perverse but so is heterosexuality when you perform *Gasps* sex! Opposites attract? Who is to say that a male HAS to love another female. God has no say, God has not come down here and told people what we can or can't do, God has also not killed me in the 24 hour time that I proclaimed to him to prove his existence. Love never involves creation. You can't put a definition like that on Love, If and by a slim margin I do get married, it won't be to create, it would be to spend time with the one I love. Whether or not we create is not love, its about wanting to play part in the stereotype of family life or what not. Love does not always equal creating.

Hey Slick, I never said a man has to love a another female...heck a male can love another male for all I care. But since when did the act love involving bonning another man from the back? What part of the game is that? Bottomline is that anal sex for a male or female is perverse act, cos by our sexual desires going amuck. And I'll leave what the so called gay females do out of it, for politically correct reasons. And I never said that creation was my complete definition of love.

[edit on 30-5-2008 by pak88]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
There is only one reason why people are against gay marriage - they're prejudiced. Pure and simple. There is no other reason why anyone would be OK with a percentage of the population ostensibly being second class citizens, and not having the same civil rights as anyone else. The Religious will claim their religion as their cover story for their prejudices - but marraige is a civil ceremony, which affects people within the eyes of the law. Has nothing to do with religion.
There is another set of people who rally against the same rights for gay couples, by pointing to 'familly values'. This is just blatant prejudice again. It's like saying 'because you are gay, you don't have morals or the ability to be a loving parental figure'. Think about it. That's their argument. Some people also think they should not have the same rights as other citizens because they don't have sex the same way we do! What? Are you serious? Straights have sex to have an orgasm, just the same as gays do.. Don't give me the Bull$#*t argument that you have sex to have children! When was the last time any of them had sex just so they could have a child? They don't! They have sex coz it feels good! The only person who can ever use that argument are abstainers who really do only have sex to have children. It's blatant hypocrisy, and it is blatantly prejudicial. All men are equal? Not if they're gay, huh?

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonfire2159

Hardly.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by pak88

So then it's what they do in PRIVATE that has you riled up about not allowing gays and lesbians to marry?

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by pak88

I'm confused as to what part of my post you are responding to. Also, regardless of the section, hardly is in fact, hardly an answer. Could you please clarify on what specifically you did not approve of from my post and why? I'm not trying to be confrontational, I am just genuinely curious as to your reasoning. Do you disagree with my analysis of the bible, society, need for objective reasons to disagree with a lifestyle, etc. I know you're replied to a lot on the thread, so feel free to u2u me if you want. Thanks. Peace out.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by cruzion
There is only one reason why people are against gay marriage - they're prejudiced. Pure and simple. There is no other reason why anyone would be OK with a percentage of the population ostensibly being second class citizens, and not having the same civil rights as anyone else. The Religious will claim their religion as their cover story for their prejudices - but marraige is a civil ceremony, which affects people within the eyes of the law. Has nothing to do with religion.
There is another set of people who rally against the same rights for gay couples, by pointing to 'familly values'. This is just blatant prejudice again. It's like saying 'because you are gay, you don't have morals or the ability to be a loving parental figure'. Think about it. That's their argument. Some people also think they should not have the same rights as other citizens because they don't have sex the same way we do! What? Are you serious? Straights have sex to have an orgasm, just the same as gays do.. Don't give me the Bull$#*t argument that you have sex to have children! When was the last time any of them had sex just so they could
have a child? They don't! They have sex coz it feels good! The only person who can ever use that argument are abstainers who really do only have sex to have children. It's blatant hypocrisy, and it is blatantly prejudicial. All men are equal? Not if they're gay, huh?

And the reason why people are against pedos and rapist is because they're prejudiced, GTFOH. You sound like a little boy with that off the wall remark. We know what right is, and what wrong is. And about them not having sex the same way as we do is just plain ignorant on your part. I always thought the act of natural sex involves a penis and vagina, and that's with every species...maybe im wrong?.....Not! Just because theres a hole, dosen't make it sex, clown.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I think gays should have the right to get caught up in a fracked up marriage just like the rest of us
All jokes aside the argument that it ruins the concept of marriage doesnt make any sence to me.If the high divorce rate doesnt ruin it,I cant see how gays are gonna do it.All this energy that some put into trying to stop gay marriage should imo be put into trying to help families that are in trouble stay together.In a world so fracked up as the one we live in now all love any kind of love should be honored and acknowleged.We have much bigger things to worry about.

[edit on 30-5-2008 by Tricky63]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonfire2159
reply to post by pak88

I'm confused as to what part of my post you are responding to. Also, regardless of the section, hardly is in fact, hardly an answer. Could you please clarify on what specifically you did not approve of from my post and why? I'm not trying to be confrontational, I am just genuinely curious as to your reasoning. Do you disagree with my analysis of the bible, society, need for objective reasons to disagree with a lifestyle, etc. I know you're replied to a lot on the thread, so feel free to u2u me if you want. Thanks. Peace out.

You're confuse about a lot of things for that matter. But the part of your post that I was responding to, was the part where you said I base all my views off the bible. The bible was just one example. And I dont disagree with your analysis of the bible, too each its own.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Did you know?

Of 32,000 verses in the Bible, only five directly mention homosexuality.

The Qur'an only directly mentions homosexuality once.

Leviticus, the book of the Bible which stipulates death for homosexuality, requires the same punishment for adultery, pre-marital sex, disobedient children and blasphemy.

The Biblical Jesus does not condemn homosexuality.

The destruction of the Biblical city of Sodom was due to their mistreatment of strangers.

The Bible never condemns same sex marriage.

The Biblical David and Jonathan had a formal same-sex union.

'Traditional marriage' in the Bible includes polygamy.

No known sacred text forbids same sex marriage.

Very few sacred texts even mention homosexuality.

Hindu and other far eastern sacred texts do not condemn homosexuality.

Homosexuality is not unnatural, it is practised by hundreds of species of animals.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kobe Bryant
If "they" adopt a kid, then the kid will be made fun in school.

Maybe when you live in a narrowminded neighboorhood and school. I suggest to anyone in that circumstance to send the adopted kid to a school with high standards on any scale.

Kids are made fun off for anything that sticks out. For one reason or another I liked to talk to girls, so I sat dwon with girls more during breaks thatn guys, so the guys said I was girlcrazy and shut me out. It was not difficult to detect that they were jealous, still i didn't like it, but what do you do, grow up.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I don't care if two adults want to marry. But...what if my dog, cat or iguana wants to marry me? Why must they be denied the right to love? Interspecie relationships would be allowed in a true civilized society.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by pak88

And the reason why people are against pedos and rapist is because they're prejudiced, GTFOH. You sound like a little boy with that off the wall remark. We know what right is, and what wrong is. And about them not having sex the same way as we do is just plain ignorant on your part. I always thought the act of natural sex involves a penis and vagina, and that's with every species...maybe im wrong?.....Not! Just because theres a hole, dosen't make it sex, clown.

Child abuse and rape are something that is done AGAINST somebodies will. In fact, children are not seen as being able to know their own will , and are thus protected by law for that reason.That's a huge difference, and one that your weak brain has obviously not famothed. I do like the way you covertly lumped gays in the same set as pedophiles and rapists; nice move, but that was a total fail if it was supposed to plant the association into peoples heads. Some of us here have the power to reason.
The raison d'etre for sex is for the result - orgasm.
Do you not even know why you have sex?
Masturbation is sex, and most species of animal do it.
What about worms? They're hemaphrodidic - they have sex with themselves, right? Your analogy with the rest of the animal kingdom was totally wrong. Lets face it, you don't have a decent argument in your head. You really should just admit the reason for your discrimination - you are prejudiced.
No one is fooled by your insults and faulty logic.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mytquin

You're kidding, right?

Us gay folks aren't on some recruiting mission. We don't get a prize if we "turn" anyone gay (not that this, in my opinion, is possible anyway).

We don't care if you're straight - most of my friends are, and I don't think they're "odd" because they're not gay.

We don't want everyone to be homosexual ... no more than we want everyone to be white, black, hispanic.

We want everyone to be happy. Peaceful. Civilized.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by laiguana

You comparing my partner to an animal?

Listen, as soon as I give him his sugar cube and brush his coat, he's gonna bust down that stable door and kick your booty!

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonfire2159
I've tried to discuss this with friends, but they tend to get emotional and end up yelling. I think it's because we're face to face and comfortable with each other so it's more informal and can lead to being a bit emotionally charged instead of academically. So I pose the question on ATS, in hopes of some straightforward/objective answers.

Personally I am for gay marriage. I don't see anything wrong with two men/women getting together. If they're in love, I don't see anything wrong with it. Please try to refrain from the "it's unnatural", "god says it's wrong", "I just don't want to see it" answers. If that's your opinion, please provide the basis for that opinion, but don't just say "it's wrong". I'm just trying to understand the basis for anti-gay marriage individuals, which isn't based on a blind adherence to norms that hold no actual weight in reality. I promise I'll be open-minded and won't flame anything. Just looking for opinions.

For example, I don't think it's unnatural, for I don't think the reason we have sex is merely for procreation. Sure, babies come from sex, but I'd say a large amount of sex is used for pleasure not reproduction. Sex is about connecting with someone on an emotional/romantic level. Because this is my definition of sex, I don't see gay sex as wrong.

P.S.: I'm new here, so let me know if I should move this thread somewhere else, but Skunk Works seemed the best choice to me. Also, I'm not a very politically correct person, so forgive me if I offend anyone with my vocabulary, or just let me know.

I believe that gay marriage is far too fearful to understand for ppl who are brought up (nurished) in a culture and system of religion (doen't matter much what religion).

And it's funny cos God = love, isn't that so?

For me: who loves who doesn't matter, love = love. I'm for gay marriage, in my country it's already possible.

Humanity on the whole globe shud be more open-minded with a lot of things and be busy with real Q's about how we can help the needy, with clean water and food for everybody, proper schools etc. instead of judging others who only want to express their love.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by cruzion

Originally posted by pak88

Child abuse and rape are something that is done AGAINST somebodies will. In fact, children are not seen as being able to know their own will , and are thus protected by law for that reason.That's a huge difference, and one that your weak brain has obviously not famothed. I do like the way you covertly lumped gays in the same set as pedophiles and rapists; nice move, but that was a total fail if it was supposed to plant the association into peoples heads. Some of us here have the power to reason.
The raison d'etre for sex is for the result - orgasm.
Do you not even know why you have sex?
Masturbation is sex, and most species of animal do it.
What about worms? They're hemaphrodidic - they have sex with themselves, right? Your analogy with the rest of the animal kingdom was totally wrong. Lets face it, you don't have a decent argument in your head. You really should just admit the reason for your discrimination - you are prejudiced.
No one is fooled by your insults and faulty logic.

Well, if you want to associate yourself with some hemaphrodidic worms, then have it your way

[edit on 30-5-2008 by pak88]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join