It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are people against gay marriage?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
[edit on 30-5-2008 by pak88]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by LaBella
Natural to be gay? WOW! Who sounds ignorant here? Incase you didnt know, the Native Americans used to believe in something called twospirits (i believe they still do) And this goes back at least 300 yrs. Educate yourself.

Originally posted by pak88
I'm against it, because two women can't raise a boy and two men can't raise a girl. And for you retards that compare Blacks and/or women with the gays of today, you sound plain ignorant...since when was it not natural to be black or a women, and natural to be gay
And when was it natural to make love in pooper? That's just plain sick
Union can only be between man a woman.

Well, incase you didn't know the Chinese believed in something called the Yin and the Yang, not the Yin and the Yin and the Yang and the Yang. And last I checked the bible says Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve...and this goes back thousands of yrs. So educate yourself.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Your just like Obama... lets have a discussion, but you cant say... "it's unnatural", "god says it's wrong", or "I just don't want to see it" ...

So Ill make it simple for you... 2 innies dont work...2 outies dont work.... 1 innie and 1 outie works... Basic design... maybe we should wait until we evolve a little more, and then maybe 2 outties will work, but until then gays are all freaks of nature and destined to fall off the face of the earth because they cannot procreate.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Pak88 which bible would that be exactly?? the transcribed dead sea scrolls text? or the "modern" KJV??

I've put a link up for the definition of Vers ion

Homosexuality predates the bible by a long shot, so that kinda kills your argument right there

[edit on 30-5-2008 by thedigirati]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Adam and Steve..original. I thought I made this clear earlier. Guess not. Let me break it down. I dont give a damn about the bible.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedigirati
reply to post by pak88

So by your OWN very Logic, druggy Hetrosexual parents are BETTER than Gay same sex Parents??

I had to re read that last post a couple times to make sure that IS what it said.

My wife and I do not have children, we Choose not to have them.

But to say the druggy parents are better ( by hiding it?) then openly gay parents.........is it 2012 already????

this edit is from the "wife"

You can never hide drug abuse from kids, they know, they know

Try reading the last post a few times, and while your at it get your eyes checked, A-S-A-P. I didn't say a dam thing about druggy hetro parents being better then gay parents...I said that's why we don't do drugs in front of children because they often mimic, that was just an example. Slap yourself two times for that one....No as a matter of fact slap your self 3 times now!

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
The bible.
Is why I turned to Buddhism, sometimes I think Jesus is a bit better than this "God" figure who "Authored" the bible.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
good conversation going here. i like the (mostly) intelligent thought.

my 2 cents:

do i find homosexual behavior disgusting? yes.

do i find homosexual acts to be "unnatural"? yes.

am i homophobic? no. not at all. i have two friends i've known for years who are homosexuals - and they keep their business to themselves.

do i believe same sex couples should be able to get married? yes. absolutely.

marriage is a legal right. but not for all here in America. i am a libertarian at heart, and therefore freedom and lack of government intervention is what is most important to me. when a group, any group, of people are denied a freedom granted to others, that is not just, plain and simple. i may not like or approve of homosexuality but so what? does my opinion really matter in as much as determining what someone else is allowed to do? it shouldn't.

freedoms are not to be rationed out by the government to "pre-approved" groups. everyone gets it or no one does. end of story.

the hairy part of anything of this nature is majority rules usually. that's how culture is defined - by what is acceptable and common to the masses. and since the masses don't like it and don't want it, it's generally not allowed. as another poster mentioned, acceptable acts have changed over the centuries. gladiator death fights - murder for entertainment - was normal at one point.

so how do we decide what should be allowed and what should not? well a good barometer is usually whether or not the actions of this freedom would infringe upon the rights of another human being. since homosexual acts don't affect me in any way, shape, or form - i have no objection to it. same goes for their marriage.

my thoughts, FWIW.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leviatano
reply to post by pak88

A child can choose to mimic. If they deem it's cool enough. I saw my parents kissing and horsing around or whatever you call it, leaves me with no desire to get married or the such though. So again it's a child's choice ultimately.

Dam, since you put it look that, we might as well murder, steal and rape in front of children too, and if they deem it cool enough it'll be alright. Since afterall it is the child's choice....right?

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Gay Marriage? How did someone's sexual preference ever become the basis for anything beyond the business of two or more people behind close doors in the privacyt of thier lives?

All rhetoric set aside you Gays can think and do what you like, as can those who support them and get away with it while this civilization stands to perpetuate and protect you but when and if the courts and cops and prisons fail, as I am certain they will in the coming years, I think the all the repressed hatred of you and those like you is going to boil up and you had better be able to protect yourselves. Meanwhile, man is capable of any evil and abomination and even Sodomites appear to have their place in the sun...enjoy you time while it lasts.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
First post ever here, but a long-time observer, so if I violate any kind of rule you kooks (said lovingly
) have please forgive me.

I just seriously want to thank everyone on here for the amazingly positive things that I'm reading. I'm gay, 30, living in a major city in the Midwest, and it is absolutely refreshing to see so many valid points and positive views regarding this topic.

For those of you who've said that gays are so "in your face" about being gay ... it's not something that we "try" to do. Honestly. It's just something that you notice a lot more. I don't think that straights are ever "in my face" about being straight. Ya'll are how you are, and I'm how I am, and I'm okay with it either way.

In terms of marriage and child-raising ... we don't all want kids. But if I die, I want my partner to have everything that I've worked hard for that is by most accounts half his. If I chose to adopt a child, and my partner and I raised that child together, I don't want that child to become a ward of the state if something happens to me. I don't want to have to lay alone dying in a hospital bed because legally the person that I've spent my life with is not my 'next of kin.'

And I'm for sure darned tired of having to file tax returns as single when all my married friends get that benefit

Frankly, many of us don't want to get 'married' per se. Like many of you, I see marriage *mostly* as a religious ceremony. We don't care what it's called ... just as long as we can get the same legal rights that everyone else can have.

We're not all flamey tarts. My partner and I live in the heart of a major city, but we don't go out, we've been in a long term, monogamous relationship, we go to church, we deplore the word "fabulous" and we have the same headaches with our inlaws that straight people do too.

We're not home decorators.

We're not fashion designers.

We're not addicted to anything (except maybe the new Wii we have...)

How are we dangerous to you? We don't want to encroach on your rights - we just want the same ones as you.

A final note ... at least for my first post.

Elizabeth Taylor can be married 8 times. Pamela Anderson can be married for a matter of minutes and get a divorce. My partner and I have been together for 10 years, and will more than likely live to a ripe old age and celebrate our golden years together.

How are we more of a threat to the "institution of marriage" than either of the examples I've listed above?

Thanks for indulging me, ATS, but moreso, thanks for being so open-minded about an issue so dear to me. It's inspirational.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedigirati
Pak88 which bible would that be exactly?? the transcribed dead sea scrolls text? or the "modern" KJV??

I've put a link up for the definition of Vers ion

Homosexuality predates the bible by a long shot, so that kinda kills your argument right there

Murder and rape predates the bible by a long shot too, so that kinda kills your lame ass comeback...smh

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
thank you for your post. its positive and oh so refreshing.

reply to post by kb63108

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by pak88

Pak you CAN'T lump Murder in with Homosexuality For one thing a life is being lost while in homosexuality love is being exchanged. So you are in the wrong on that one. Stealing has goods and bads I'll say that now, You steal to feed your family or steal just because you have the lust for something. Stealing to feed your family is technically not bad, but stealing simply for the desire to have something for yourself is. And second I don't think a parent won't do that in front of your children it ALSO can not be compared with homosexuality. As stealing is usually taking and homosexuality is give AND take.

Third Rape this has been shown in front of a few children and they have turned out alright, again child's choice. And second you can't compare THIS to homosexuality because rape is about desire/lust as well while homosexuality is love. Maybe Pak you should look into homosexuality more, before bashing it just because of how it looks. Apples to Oranges, need to compare the same things here.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
As one of ATS's gay members I felt I should add my 2 cents.

My husband and I have been together for over 19 years, and I hope the next 19 will be just as good. We've raised children and cared for many other kids as they came and went through our lives. Our daughter is getting married to a nice young man in two weeks and we're both excited about the coming nuptials.

We really look forward to adding more grandchildren to the growing family.

Our relationship is accepted as normal by everyone we know, including our families, friends, business associates, and everyone in the community we have dealings with.

We don't go flaming around town or make overt displays of our sexuality. We don't march in parades or take any particular "pride" in being gay. Other than what goes on in our bedroom (which is no ones business other than ours), we fit into the community like any other couple.

Boys we've had in our home have gone unmolested.

For some reason many people believe that being gay equals the same as some pervert that diddles kids, and that's just not true.

We're both manly men that have much to contribute to society like anyone else.
There is nothing unnatural about our lives, nothing at all...

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I am not against gay marriage... why should straight people be the only ones who are miserible?

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Let's see here.......if being gay were okay and everyone on the planet were to become gay, I'd guess in about a hundred years or so the human race would all be EXTINCT! C'mon! If you gay folk had your way, our children would all be confused as to what it means to be MALE or FEMALE because it just wouldn't matter anymore. PLEASE!!!! You just don't want to think about answering to a higher power some day...that's what it all boils down to. So go ahead and have a good ol' time with yourselvs and see what happens when you die or when Christ comes back whichever comes first. You have been warned!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I'll bet the majority of the gay folk here are voting for Clinton as well. Damned liberals!!!

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Marriage is a religious ceremony; homosexuals have no right to get married in a church that forbids homosexual acts and homosexual marriage. I fine with a civil union. Homosexuals want the government to overrule Gods Word.

I hear homosexual making fun of heterosexuals, call them breeders, I've ran into allot of homosexuals who hate the opposite sex. Think their gender problems now wait and see who it turns out. Their behavior at their gay parades is sickening; I can't believe they allow public nudity and sexual acts to go on in the public streets. Most Homosexuals are over sexed, Catholic preachers, the airline attendant who helped spread aids to the global community. History has shown why homosexual and polygamy
are banned and should stay that way.

Homosexual parenting will have an extremely high probability of raising homosexual children. Homosexual couples cannot have children thefore should not raise children.

Homosexuals are good for one thing population control.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join