It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello, my name is Lloyd

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Let me tell you a little bit about myself. I am an 11 year veteran of the USAF, and have worked for other government agencies. I know how a lot works (and how more doesn't work). I used to be a debunker as I thought UFOs and conspiracy theories were hogwash. That changed when I heard Richard Belzer on the Steve Dahl radio show in Chicago. I decided to buy his book ""UFO's, JFK, and Elvis: Conspiracies You Don't Have To Be Crazy To Believe". It got me to seriously examine the facts around the JFK assassination and the governments very weak theory. I then watched the movie "JFK" and thought it was an interesting movie. I didn't read anything for several years until I re-read Mr Belzer's book and decided to write down all of his references. I came across Jim Marrs' book "Rule By Secrecy". I have been hooked since. I am especially interested in "Holy Blood, Holy Grail" and was introduced to the works of Laurence Gardner. The books are heavily researched and if one is not a history buff could be quite dry. With Mr Gardner, you have to read his earlier works or you may end up lost as he recites the history of them.

I am glad I found this site as now I have something to do with my spare time!

I also respect everyones thoughts and beliefs and will have fun debating or adding my own two cents worth.
I will return, but it is by for now.

Lloyd

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Nice to "meet" you Lloyd.

It sounds like you are on the way to "waking" up to many new possiblities. I also like Richard Belzer although I haven't read his book.

I am sure you will find lots that interest you on the forums.

See you around............

IA

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Hey Lloyd.

Welcome to ATS.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS, kidflash2008/Lloyd!

I wish I had more spare time to spend on ATS (and BTS, don't forget the "lighter" side of ATS). As things are I spend almost all my spare time here, but it is worth it.

If you have any doubt about ATS you can "jump" to the ATS Handbook, it has many things about ATS, although it needs an update in some areas.

If you can't find the answer you want there just ask, someone will answer, even if it's not the answer you are expecting.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Thank you for your years of service in the USAF. Know that it's appreciated.

peace

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Thank you all for your kind responses. I do recommend everyone to read Richard Belzer's book. It is very funny and is also very informing. He also cites all his information and where he gets it. I read books that are well researched and can back up their facts. Or they usually write if the source is unknown and the information may not be verifiable. I also like Stanton Friedman and his books and papers. The man knows a LOT about UFOs. I will try to list some good books to read so you can get more information.

I hope to write some topics in the near future so keep an eye out.

Take care,

Lloyd

top topics

join