It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What kind of guitar(s) do you own?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by lombozo
An Ovation acoustic/electric (model 1615) 12 string
A Fender acoustic 6 string
Just about a year ago I sold my baby. A Cherry sunburst Gibson Les Paul Custom.
They are all custom made left handed guitars.

HEY Lombozo!!

Can you say "shhhweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet"

hehehe

Nice guitars my friend!!

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by lombozo
They are all custom made left handed guitars.

Ah dude, i did forget to mention, as far as friends go, YOU, my friend, are custom made!!

Always consistent!!

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Cort M200
Fender Tom Delonge pro-model Stratocaster
Some crappy classical I drew all over
A Suzuki (not sure of the model) acoustic (it was cheap, but sounds amazing)
A J&D Luthiers Custom Ibanez style electric
Squier Bullet Strat

Love them all! (Except the squier lol).

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
My first guitar: 1960's Danelectro DC just like this one:

Danelectro Convertible
Silvertone 3/4 amp in case (150 bucks - sweet!)
Wayne's World II Mexi Strat
Simple Washburn Bass (P Bass body) for when I'm in the mood
Self-built solid body electric - not finished
Self-Built (kit) solid spruce/mahogany Acoustic - not finished
12 string garbage acoustic
6 string garbage acoustic (yes, i rescued both of these from the heap - good for thumping around)

Still can't afford myself a Les Paul - someday is forever, I suppose

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by martalen
My first guitar: 1960's Danelectro DC just like this one:

Danelectro Convertible

I used to have a 1960's Danelectro! I had to sell it to afford a new amp because mine was stolen :shk: They have a great sound, really warm and melodic.
Here she is:

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Prozac Heart

Ah, beauty!

Yeah, I love that lipstick tube pickup! Simplicity as greatness. No matter how penniless I've been, I've always held onto my Danos! I'm sure whem I'm sixty-something and pushing my overstuffed shopping cart around town, my insane mumbling will be breathed out over my Danelectros.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I own 3 at the moment...wife has been after me to sell one or two, the horror!

Fernandes Ravelle Deluxe (solid body)

Fernandes Lexington (semi-hollow body)

Fernandes Monterey (solid body)

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
mine is a Jackson, i love it. it is the nicest guitar i have ever played. of course that is just my own personal opinion.

i recently blocked the floyd rose because of tuning problems, then had to adjust the intonation, but i have it sounding as good as the first day i got it. i think i love it more because i actually had to put some work into it.

anyways......... enough rambling. i also use two crate mini stacks, with 4 crate custom speakers in each, with a yamaha mixer, and a digitech pedal. sounds pretty damn SWEET.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by martalen

Haha! Well I'll come and watch your insane mumblings just to hear one of those awesome guitars again. Yeah... I regret selling it every day :shk:

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Aria Knight Warrior Floyd Rose Pickups

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by pureevil81
i recently blocked the floyd rose because of tuning problems, then had to adjust the intonation, but i have it sounding as good as the first day i got it. i think i love it more because i actually had to put some work into it.

What did you do? I have a guitar that was damaged on a plane flight. I repaired the neck but intonation SUCKS! It is an ovation styled guitar. Body, with exception of top, if fiberglass with the neck glued to the body.

My idea was to find some EASY way to remove the neck again, shave it VERY lightly or try remove as much glue (not much anyways) and see.

I haven't a clue what i should do. It was my first guitar and i really learned to play mostly on this one. So it would be a sad day if i have to chuck it.

Anyone with ideas or a site i can visit? Thanks.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
S. Ive had some lutherie experience and I don't think a neck reset is something to be tried by the inexperienced; if you value the instrument.

Perhaps a realignment of the nut or bridge might be a safer alternative.

Intonation on an electric is usually just a screw driver adjustment. On an
acoustic, very different.

What ever you decide; Good Luck!!

homepage.ntlworld.com...

[edit on 12-9-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by shearder

i blocked the floyd rose, its a floating bridge, so i blocked it so the bridge will not move. then since the bridge was moved from the original position it would not tune right at all, so i adjusted intonation ( lengthening and shortening strings ) it is pretty simple if you know what you are doing, i have done a lot of research into guitar repair and setup. so i feel perfectly comfortable doing things like that to my jackson.

i wouldnt do anything to the neck if i were you, look at some tutorials and see if you feel comfy doing it yourself, if not take it to someone so they can do it for you.

BTW you dont have to chuck your guitar, it is always fixable. even if you might have to buy a few parts.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
S. Ive had some lutherie experience and I don't think a neck reset is something to be tried by the inexperienced; if you value the instrument.

Absolutely!!

Intonation on an electric is usually just a screw driver adjustment. On an
acoustic, very different.[/quote]
Yeah that is simple. Do this with the strat. Intonation is a breeze.

What ever you decide; Good Luck!!

I may need it LOL

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by pureevil81
reply to post by shearder

i blocked the floyd rose, its a floating bridge, so i blocked it so the bridge will not move. then since the bridge was moved from the original position it would not tune right at all, so i adjusted intonation ( lengthening and shortening strings ) it is pretty simple if you know what you are doing, i have done a lot of research into guitar repair and setup. so i feel perfectly comfortable doing things like that to my jackson.

AH ok i get what you did. I misunderstood initial explanation.

What happened to my guitar is: heavy goods were placed on top of the case in cargo and broke the neck off the body.

If you look at the the guitar side on, i.e. where the "control" panel is where the neck is glued to the body - it broke off there. When it was repaired it appears that the body was not cleaned off properly. So it seems that the material that was left behind was left and when the neck was glued back on it added "height" and raised the neck slightly. So the idea is to try and remove the neck again, clean the area and, with a very fine file, clean both surfaces and re-glue. The neck/fretboard itself is 100% straight with enough "bow" for the strings not to touch frets. but when i use a steel ruler across from nut to 12th it proved the fretboard is slightly bent up at the point the neck attaches. Ok this is drawn out LOL

Oh well... I am sure i can get it sorted someday. Just no one i have taken it to will look at it - say that it can't be fixed. I disagree. So the argument it, if it can't be fixed toss it. OR try and fix and if it messes - toss it. So it's 50/50.

[edit on 15/9/2008 by shearder]

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
S. I now see the problem with your guitar. I think your solution might work. The only problem I see is that the new glue joint needs to be
clamped to make a strong joint. In the past I have drilled a pilot hole at the bottom of the joint and tapped in a wood screw into the block inside the guitar. Screw the screw down until the glue sgueezes out. Let set for a couple of days, remove the screw and fill the hole with wood putty, sand and paint. I also have just left the screw in the butt of the neck for a stronger still joint. Looks funky but works.

I'd give it a go....And if the action is still high, raise it even further, tune to an open G or D and play that funky delta bottleneck/slide style.

I actually seek out unplayable guitars, especially F holes, for slide work.

good Luck.

[edit on 15-9-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
bassplyr here,

Gotta agree with whaaa. dude never remove the neck on a guitar or bass if you can help it and never by yourself, take it to a really experienced luthier or respected repair person.

It really, really pisses off the truss rod. trust me. mike tobias flat out refused to swap my maple/ ebony neck with a wenge neck. all about the truss rod. he would do it if I was insistant but he talked some sense into me. you don't want to remove the neck.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Hey whaa...

Thanks bud. I think i will try anything cos it is a really great guitar when it is "tunable" lol and intonation is correct. It was my first and i would hate to lose it for anything. Hell, it still looks like new and with the exception of the intonation being noticeably high it hardly looks like it has ever been used.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Hey, got some more pics of my other guitars:

That's a couple of my babies

[edit on 16-9-2008 by Prozac Heart]

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
1981 Fender Telecaster in Butterscotch Blond
1959 Gibson acoustic
1996 Fender Jazz Bass in sunburts
Vox AC-30

new topics