It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Current Food/Fuel crisis?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Hi ATS members. Thanks for visiting my thread.

I was think earlier today whilst reading the ATS boards at work. This food and fuel crisis that we are in is nothing more than a pile of lies. Lets look at it, everyday, we see a massive increase in the price off Oil, which send the price at the pumps up. We then hear that the increase in oil has lead to an increase in food due to over heads. From that, we then get the governmkents coming on and telling us that it is ok, but it will be a medium to long term situation.

Right! Who stands to benefit the most from this? THE GOVERNMENTS! They are telling us that we are not spending enough and the enconomy is suffering from it. So, how do they get the money back that they are lossing? Bingo! Fuel and food, the two things that we cannot be without.

So, if you ask me, there is not great crisis, but purley money men making more of our back. When bush retires, do you think he will struggle for fuel or food? I think not. So, my advise to you guys is simply this, do not leave a light on that does not need to be on, don't use your car unless you really have to and don't eat your ass off, making your food go longer. That way, these gready bastards are really done for.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Decreasing our consumption will do nothing more than inflate the costs.

Demand goes down = They lower supply = Each unit costs more as it is less available.

They are our puppet masters. So unless you live fully off the land and build a water-powered vehicle, you will likely continue to be controlled.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
dp

[edit on 5/29/08 by SantaClaus]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
The west should stop being so greedy,especially the Americans...although Europeans are getting just as bad..This whole nonsense we are embarking on due to *man* made global warming..is yet another political popoaganda mission just like the global cooling and inevitable ice age in the 80's...

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Lethil

Excellent point my friend. We are a society have become over Dependent on thing such as fuel and "food", if you copuld call half the crop on our shelfs food. We need to step back and have a reality check. This is the things that allow the government to drain us of our funds. For instance, the UK pays well opver 11 dollors a gallon of petrol, the americans pay 4. The uk is putting up road tax to £200 for older car which again effects the poor. The west has to be the most power crazy, f'd up part of the world, and it is going to get worse.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SantaClaus
Decreasing our consumption will do nothing more than inflate the costs.

Demand goes down = They lower supply = Each unit costs more as it is less available.

They are our puppet masters. So unless you live fully off the land and build a water-powered vehicle, you will likely continue to be controlled.

I no longer drive, as I am not willing to have a second mortage (thats what owing a car amounts to), I do grow a lot of my own foods, and I am not wasteful of what I have got.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Yeah, I remember talking to my mom about oil. She said like 30 years ago they where rationing gas, saying that there isn't much of it left. But when we look around today we see that we obviously still have it. That said its apparent that they are just raising gas prices so the big oil companies take more of our money because we've become so dependent on gasoline.

top topics

join