It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theory: Is the Sun a Super Computer?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Suspend belief for a moment and work with me on this theory...

Ancient history is littered with civilizations that worshiped the sun. Just use wiki and search on "Solar deity" to get a sense of how far back and how many.

A recurring theme is that the sun 'gives life'.

I was reading a book on supercomputers and something clicked in my head regarding their power/purpose/physics. The major problem with creating a bigger faster processor is heat dissipation. Today many server rooms have liquid cooled racks and air conditioning units with temperatures set near freezing and still processors fail do to over heating.

Now what if the sun is a huge processor. It has been located in the vacuum of space with a temperature of nearly absolute 0.

What if the planets and everything on them are programs that are run by this supercomputer (DNA is our code)?

Now I will really go out on a limb and combine several recurring theories into one and ask what if 2012 is the date of the giant reboot? The dinosaurs were rebooted why not us?

I know this is a real basic theory but I wanted to throw it out there and see what the community thought.

Questions? Flames? Support? What do you think???

M

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
The stars are the chemical combustion and life giving energies of this universe...i and you are just as much a part of the sun as the sun itself...There are some theories that explain that black holes may spew out the info for life...but i dont agree...the sun is your God and creator...thats what the ancient civilizations were saying before man hijacked it...Anyway quantum computers will soon be in use...maybe 10years? no doubt they are already...but fir public use in the next 10years they will be.Three atoms can add numbers together...just imagine a circuit board etc the size of even a penny...computers wil be incredible to say the least...conscious AI is not too far off either...

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   

What do you think???

M

I try not to I get nose bleeds

all kidding aside I see where your going with that

That's like way back in my stoner days hanging out with my buddies and saying things like " What if the solar system is this GIANT Atom " and the Universe is really a bunch of these atoms which make up a Giant Tick on some Giant Dog

I think it would make a great Hollywood SciFi movie Topic

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Hmm, never thought about that one. It does make some sense.

If the suns a giant super computer, who's operating it? Aliens that can withstand heat?

new topics

top topics

join