It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Favorite Law & Order Series

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Over the past years my favorite L&O series has been Criminal Intent. I love how the show focuses on psychology, and I like how it has the two team format to vary things up from week to week. It's going to have new episodes to finish up season 7 starting June 8th too, yay!

What's your favorite incarnation?

JbT

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Im more of a fan of the traditional L&O.

I like format of crime, then trial. Rather than a two team theme, like C/I.

SVU tends to deal with topic that are less intresting to me. Rapes, sex crimes, ect.

Im more of a fan of the typical "who done it".

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Personally I like and watch all of them, I tend to like the actors in SVU the best though.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
SVU is definitely my favorite and I like that the core crew has stuck together for so long. But after this year's season finale, I wonder what will happen for next year. I'm also a huge fan of the original, but there high rate of roll over with key actors has been irritating as of late. As soon as you get used to someone, they are gone again. With Jessie Martin now off of the show, I'm not really sure where it will go.. but I'm sure it will remain successful.

At first I was disappointed to see anyone other than Jack McCoy as the lawyer, but I really like this new guy.

As for Criminal Intent, I'm not a big fan of some of their actors and actresses. I like the psychology dynamics of it, but I think Criminal Minds does a better job. When Chris Noth joined the show, I preferred him tremendously over the other guy. I have his name on the tip of my tongue and a quick google search would give it, but you all know who I'm talking about I'm sure.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Yeah, Vincent D'Onofrio. I'm sort of surprised to hear that, I know a lot of people who love the guy more than Noth. I actually like both of them so the two team format works great for me.

Speaking of Noth though, his old partner Det. Wheeler (played by Julianne Nicholson) is returning to the show for the upcoming new episodes. That's after the new ep this Sunday though, which looks incredible:

Woah...

[edit on 6/5/2008 by Megaton]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
SVU is by far my fav. I honestly don't like the other ones at all. SVU is much darker and more intense, which is why I think I like it better. I like the acting/actors better and the cases really give me somethign to think about.

I forget what the episode was about, but it was a very controversial topic, and it ended with "We find the defendant...". You never find out how it is voted on, it's supposed to make you think and decide for yourself.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Megaton

This last season of Law & Order was the best in a long while. The cast shakeup is exactly what was needed. I hate to see Jesse Martin leave, but Anthony Anderson (former comic actor) has shown he knows drama from his appearance in "The Shield". The last part of the show used to be the worst the last few seasons, but this year it has been great.
I watch SVU, but it can be very depressing as it deals with child sex abuse. I would think detectives working on cases like that would have a higher burn out rate. The actors are all quite good, with Munch being my favorite.
CI is my favorite as it deals with the crime and is a little more like the old Columbo series. While I wished Vincent would of stayed on to do the full seasons, I was glad Chris Noth got to reprise Det Logan. I hate to see him leave, but he probably feels he has done enough with his character. It will be interesting to see what Jeff Goldblum does with the series.

BTW, Richard Belzer's Det Munch has the distinction of being the character on the most TV shows (9):
Homicide
L&O
SVU
Arrested Development
Trial by Jury
The X Files
The Beat
The Wire
Paris enquêtes criminelles

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Megaton

I like CI too, but just couldn't get into the series when they brought another team on. I missed Goren too much. When we have tv I usally watch the reruns on USA.

new topics

top topics

join