It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Murder-Suicide in Calgary

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Five people found dead in Calgary domestic homicide

CALGARY -- Three adults and two children, aged four and six, were found dead in a Calgary home Wednesday morning, a scene that left veteran police officers visibly upset.

But amid the carnage that confronted emergency personnel was a one-year-old girl, crying but alive and unharmed.

"She's doing very well," said Inspector Frank Reuser, his voice shaking as he spoke about the crime scene. "She's doing a lot better than me."

Insp. Reuser was seen putting a baby carrier believed to contain the girl into the back of a grey four-door sedan. She was handed over to social services until it could be determined whether there were relatives who could take care of her.

Late Wednesday, Calgary Police Chief Rick Hanson said the situation was being treated as a domestic homicide.

www.nationalpost.com...

[edit on 29-5-2008 by CA_Orot]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I thought posting the whole article, might be a little bit long...but I posted the link to it. I don't even know if anyone else has heard much about this yet...or if its just contained to Alberta Papers?

The article in the National Post describes the family as being a Normal family. Active in the Church. No History of Violence, or domestic disputes. The neighbours describe them as "normal" people.

So what causes something like this to happen? The Edmonton Sun (a paper I don't reccomend as being the Sole-source of current events) suggests that the Father, called his parents depressed, a couple of weeks ago. The National Post, however, has not run this.

It is also stated (in the Edmonton Sun) that the 5th victim, was a tenant. A woman renting from the Family, and that she lived in the basement. Is it possible that she was involved? Or was she simply in the wrong place at the wrong time?

The article states that the victims were stabbed. The Mother, Father, 2 young Daughters, and a Woman (who doesn't appear to be related to the family.) My lingering question, is why wasn't the one-year old harmed? Is it possible (that if this was an outside murder) That the person committing the murder, simply didn't know about the 3rd child? Or, did they just not have the heart?

Im interested to know what other people think of this, and if anyone has any ideas as to what MAY have happend in this case...Just a general discussion.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
CA_Orot

The union supports this thread.

As for murder suicides. Its always scary to know that something like that happens within your town. But the world is one crazy place its sad to say but people wont openly discuss this, its disturbing to hear about it. Its a reality that people wont face, and if they did perhaps they can find a way to combat issue like this, resolve them before they reach such a negative climax.

[edit on 19-8-2008 by q_ball]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
LOL You're a sweetheart, but you didn't have to post in this thread!!!

Perhaps, I'll consider joining the Union...

Perhaps...

- Carrot

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Tragic and disheartening.

It's event like these if I wonder maybe peoples brains just snap and rewire from undue stress and lose control of themselves or if even unseen "demonic" entities feed on such negativity and persuade such. Assuming it was a murder suicide. Why not just leave everyone out of it , why take them with you. We sure have extremes being humans.

I wonder if the child will be told of her history or if the will blanket the truth. It would be a hard pill to swallow knowing what happened.

I'm currently in Calgary, it sure has become a hectic place.

new topics

top topics

join