It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama has already been elected!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Barack Obama has already been elected!

finance.yahoo.com

Kara Swisher and Walt Mossberg had a long day of grilling executives at their All Things Digital Conference. But they saved Rupert Murdoch -- their Wall Street Journal overlord -- for last. The highlight? Murdoch’s not-quite-but-almost endorsement of Barack Obama for president.

The founder -- and defender -- of Fox News said he expected Obama to win in a landslide, citing widespread unhappiness with the current administration and his disenchantment with Republican contender John McCain. Murdo
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
What does Murdoch know? How can he predict he is right, when he can make it go his way? Are the conspirators already setting things in motion?

finance.yahoo.com

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

What does Murdoch know? How can he predict he is right, when he can make it go his way? Are the conspirators already setting things in motion?

finance.yahoo.com

If you haven't figured out yet that Obama's inexplicable ascension wasn't orchestrated by powerful people like George Soros you haven't been paying attention.

The liberal elite powerbrokers got sick of HRC and pushed for the unknown, easily malleable, Barack Obama as their Savior. Murdoch is no fan of either Clinton or McCain from what I can tell.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Maybe Murdock is just good at recognizing the direction the public trends tend to go. that could be how he built his company to the powerhouse it is now, that and really good networking, but the bottom line is you don't make that money without understanding the publics mentality.

He could think that Obama is going to win because he is, scary as it may seem, in touch with the publics thoughts and feelings even if he runs a pretty evil company but thats just him looking out for his bottom line, he still knows whats going on out there in the public sector and can reasonably predict what direction the public will go. If he doesn't, it's a sure bet that he pays a ton of money to have a team of analysts research this stuff just for his companies sake.

Also, He may just simply be human like the rest of us and like what Obama has to say. Realizes that Obama may be a really great president and for once isn't tied to all the Muck going on in politics like the GOP and the Clintons. Murdock might just be tired of all the BS too.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
There's more evidence to suggest that John McCain has already been elected than there ever will be to suggesting Obama's victory. My money's on McCain.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
This is simply another in a long string of examples deomnstrating that Rupert Murdock, for whatever reason, doesn't like John McCain. Ever since day one his broadcasters have been taking shots at McCain. There also might be a little reverse psychology involved here. He might be trying to get McCain to shift a little further to the right, away from left leaning G.W.B. and also he might be trying to scare some Republican voters who bought into the "I don't trust John McCain" line Rush and other conservative speakerboxes were spouting a few months ago into recognizing if they don't get behind McCain, a far, far worse fate awaits the nation.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR
Maybe Murdock is just good at recognizing the direction the public trends tend to go.

How can you NOT be good at recognizing the direction the public trends tend to go when its your propaganda that steers them there?

Originally posted by BASSPLYR
Also, He may just simply be human like the rest of us... Murdock might just be tired of all the BS too.

Sorry...

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Sounds like he was either guessing or just making a 'wishful thinking' statement. I doubt he knows anything about the shadow gov't or who the CFR has crowned ...

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I doubt he knows anything about the shadow gov't

He attended one of their meetings in 1982 and 1988.

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 5/29/08 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi
He attended one of their meetings in 1982 and 1988.

ooooooooooohhhhhh!
This is news to me. Anyone got links showing him in cahoots with NWO and/or CFR? Interesting. Thanks for the info!!

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Anyone got links showing him in cahoots with NWO and/or CFR?

Scroll down some, its in alphabetical order: CFR Member List

CFR Corporate Members - Notice News Corporation (which owns FOX) is on there. I'm sure we all know who the Chairman and CEO of News Corp. is.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Murdoch never backs a loser.

He backed Boris Johnson, the Conservative candidate in the London Mayor election and he won.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I'm just saying that it's murdocks job to sorta know which direction the country is going to be going zeitgeist wise, and then to also have the programing wanted by the population available to them. you know you gotta watch the tide to figure out how to position yourself to be in front of the next big wave. He may have just simply noticed the general feelings of the population and is catering to them.

Don't tell me the majority of the country wasn't in a super patriotic support the most conservative political stance around mood years ago right after 9/11. most of the country was, and a little bit irrational too. out comes Foxnews in all it's neo con glory to reap the benifits of going with the tide.

Same things beginning to happen again but this time the country is in more of an Obama mood than a Neocon mood.

Also, murdock might be smart enough to know that you need to be dynamic to survive in his industry and that only being friends with neocons and uber conservatives in effect builds a fortress. and holed up inside a fortress with no way out is not a good place to be. Sorta like it's not good to hang out with the rest of the rats who continue to cling to the deck of a sinking boat. He might just have the instincts to know that now is the time to move away from the GOP for the moment. Or to at least appear to. And don't think I'm implying that Murdock might have some sort of Darth Vader who deep down has a little bit of redeeming good in him, I'm not. I think he would be doing this totally for his own gain.

[edit on 29-5-2008 by BASSPLYR]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Well it seems like they are doing what they can to make sure he does get elected including going against the people.

In the state of West Virginia Clinton won however the Sen. gave it too obama.

Why is that? Makes no since to me unless they are trying to insure his win!!!

clinton won

sen. voted for obama

my link on this

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I think alot of people are missing the point here.

This is not an endorsement or support.

This is a threat.

People need to look at who Murdoch's associates and audience are.

He is telling his people that Barack is going to win. That McCain and Clinton are going no where.

Now back up and think about the reaction from his people.

These arn't Barack supporters.

These are people who will look at the election and think this is a lost cause. Some of these people are desperate ideologists. These ideologies have no room for someone like Barack Obama.

Some of these people will conclude that if Barack will not lose the election then other steps must take place to ensure he does not become President.

So again this a threat, an alert to some real scary people who will come out of the dark and do whatever they have to do to change the election.

What really scares me is the national aftermath if violent measures are used.

This won't be like Robert Kennedy and with Obama's Cult of Personality I would say the aftermath would make the reaction to Dr. King's assassination pale in comparison.

I'm thinking a giant mess that will make the Rodney King riots look like a soccer riot.

If anyone's looking for excuses for martial law, well there you go.

Even scarier is what if the elections were postponed and no one was inaugurated come January 20, 2009

Just remember who is Rupert Murdoch and who does he stand with.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I don’t know who this Mudoch fellow is or why we should believe Obama has already been elected just because of someone’s say-so or if there would be violence leading later on to martial law.

I think we should just wait and found out this Saturday with regards to the Michigan-Florida issue how many more voters were disenfranchised and figure out later on how the media is going to play out the propaganda behind ‘fair election’ next week.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by pikypiky
I don’t know who this Mudoch fellow is or why we should believe Obama has already been elected just because of someone’s say-so or if there would be violence leading later on to martial law.

...Really? You don't know who Rupert Murdoch is? Surely, sarcasm drives your post. If not... wow. He feeds the public their ideas. And owns things on the internet. Important stuff.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Ok, bare with me on this, cause it's going to come off as crazy, but it's just a little theory I came up with like 15 seconds ago.

Murdoch knows who doesn't like him. He knows that if he endorses someone, the people that don't like his polotics, or buisiness practices, or anyhting else about him will go against what he says thinking that whoever he endorses is secretley in league with him. So what does he do? He endorses the candidate that he doesn't want, in hopes that people vote for who he really wants. Furthermore, soccor riots make the rodney king riots look like a picnick.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Finn1916

The soccer riots that happened while I was in Germany weren't really bad. I have yet to find a recent one that would make the Rodney King riots look like a picnic.

I know though that at least one soccer riot in 1969 Latin America actually lead to a war between El Salvador and Honduras.

I used the soccer riot analogy for soccer riots in recent history and not in 1969.

I did find a good historical comparison which was the Red Summer of 1919. There were 38 race riots across the United States and the worst one was in Chicago. Martial Law occured and the military was deployed in a number of cities. Hundreds of people died in the violence. Even though the riots in reponse to Dr. King's assassination were more widespread, over 100 riots, they were not as violent.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I say don't count your chickens before they hatch. Just because ol' Rump-ert Murdcock is hedging towards Obama doesn't mean he's fully for the man. If anything he's gently steering public opinion towards the predictions of his FOX News pundits so he can furthur ingrain himself into the people's mentality. In other words a "See-I-was-right-along" kind of power.

And lets not forget that, with wins in the final Primarys, Obama will still be 7 delegates short of the 2025 needed. Who is gonna give up a measly 7 just because someone is sooooooooooooooooooooo close? I don't see HRC caving in to that kind of pressure with all the effort she's put in.

Let us not FURTHUR forget that Michigan and Florida have yet to be counted. How? Lord almighty can't the Democratic Party just left Obama and Clinton hold mini-one day campaigns for the Michigan and Florida delegates BEFORE the convention? That way Obama will have to stop whining about not being on the Michigan ballot the first time around.

FINALLY, (aint I long winded?) lets not forget that the Repudlicans have already geared up their campaigns for Obama to be the nominee! What if the Democrats adopt Obama's platforms but choose Clinton to run with them? The Redudlicans wouldn't be expecting that and soil themselves at the start of the campaign. They'd have a massive regrouping to do after a massive re-pooping.

Obama has already been elected? Don't count your chickens before they hatch.

top topics

join