It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do pets reincarnate?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SantaClaus

Your story is really and odd one! If that had happened to me, I think I would be wondering about that as well.

I wonder if you knew the name of the girl, if you would get a reaction out of the dog by saying her name around it?

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas

You know how they say that dogs often resemble their "owners"? (And they do!)
That's most likely because people inadvertently choose dogs that somehow "resemble" them.

I have heard this before, and seen it actually. I had one friend in particular that raised bull dogs. I hate to say it, but she looked like a bull dog!

Right now, in addition to the particular dog I mentioned, I also have 3 others.

They are all very different, one being a dog that weighs about 4.5 lbs, a couple in between, and then this dog that resembles the one that died, and he is large.

3 of them are mutts of various color combinations, and one is a golden color chihuahua.

If any of them resemble me or the other way around, it would be the snotty, bratty chihuahua!

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by HuntaXX

it may hurt to lose your friend but it may help to remember that if he died more than a month ago he is almost certainly alive again in one form or another and its possible if his timing was good and he was lucky that he managed to incarnate close to you as you suspect may have happened

I wonder why you mentioned a month here. Souls reincarnate that quickly? I guess I'm hoping to have a vacation inbetween lives that lasts a little more than a month!

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by plumranch

But if you read sleeper's thread as you and I have, his sources indicate that the "sole" as we know it only resides in the human (and other higher beings) bodies except in special cases. In other words a sole could be in a dog's body temporarily or permanently. Or it could be emprisoned in a dogs body. So there are a lot of posibilities.

Ah yes, I did ask Sleeper specifically about this as well. I joked that my Mom was in the body of my bratty chihuahua! Maybe that is why I picked her! He was pretty clear in his belief (or Milton's) that souls of people can be in an animal temporarily.

Another thing to consider are near death experiences where people have definate memories of "the other side" usually as a result of trauma or extreme sickness. What do they report? They say they met a familiar relative or friend that passed on before them. I don't recall a near death experience in which a person met a familiar deceased dog, cat, horse etc. Although I've heard a lot of clients say that they expect to see a beloved pet when they get to the other side. My guess is that they are going to be disappointed.

This makes me sad because I can honestly say I have like some of my pets more than I have liked some people in my life!

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Thats because they havnt fully crossed over yet and they are still in between. its normal for various entities either real family members and friends or simply entities taking a comforting form to try to ease the spirit into death to relieve the trauma and stop them getting lost.

This is a different take. So are you saying once a spirit gets passed being inbetween, they might run into their deceased pets?

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by kacou

Every single owner of pets and dogs- with out knowing it- is enslaving the soul that animate the body of those animals. These animals will reincarnate again and again in the same realm because they have been suppressed from they true environment, which is the wiled life at large.
Keeping animals near us is denying them from they true path of spiritual evolution.
This is why I love all earthling and want to see them all free to pursue they own journey in this dimension for a prospect of higher dimensions.

I hope you can understand my view point; it is not so easy for me.

kacou

Actually, I used to work in a hospital and was friends with one of the Doctors there, and we had this discussion one day when I mentioned not being able to work late because I needed to get home to my pets.

He was horrified, and went into detail explaining to me why he thought it was a horrible idea to keep pets, saying almost the same thing you have.

He said he would never allow his children to have one for this reason.

I hope this isn't the case, keeping my beloved pets in a cycle like this!

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   

reply to post by HuntaXX

Hi Hunta,

There is one other reason I believe it's less likely that animals have soles comperable to the human sole. Our soles are complex, far too complex to be trapped in the body of an animal with a comparatively simplistic life. I think the only hope here is that somebody up there makes simple soles for little bodies. And what I'm saying is that I understand that it simply isn't the case as difficult as that is for us pet owners!

Well i believe only matter is complex the spirit is not bound by the concept, it can inhabit anything big or small and it sounds like your allowing your focus on the physical to limit your perceptions a little. i think souls start out incarnating in simpler things and as they learn to master the more basic forms they move on to the more complex forms, after all god isn't an entity its consciousness itself.

im a little curious why you call it the "sole" instead of the "soul" though? i hope its not just a typo and i apologize if it is but with so many people spelling it the other way in this thread alone i figure there must be some other reason you prefer that spelling?

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Enthralled Fan

the same thing happened to me with a cat i had. She use to chase after my basketball when i was playing outside. The cat died. three months later a stray kat that looked to be about 3 months old came up me me and then started chasing after my basketball the same way my cat use to. The stray also comes to my door and hangs out on my property as if she is comfortable there.

Very strange.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enthralled Fan

it may hurt to lose your friend but it may help to remember that if he died more than a month ago he is almost certainly alive again in one form or another and its possible if his timing was good and he was lucky that he managed to incarnate close to you as you suspect may have happened

I wonder why you mentioned a month here. Souls reincarnate that quickly? I guess I'm hoping to have a vacation inbetween lives that lasts a little more than a month!

From my study it seems to be 28 days before a soul can reincarnate but i said "almost certainly" because the soul can supposedly choose to stay there indefinitely with the only limitation being how long it takes them to miss the pleasures and thrills of existing in matter. i myself have had a near death experience and for now im going to keep the details to myself until i understand what i experienced better but i can say that i had a confirmed out of body experience then (and a few other times before and since then) and saw things i wouldn't have been able to see if it hadn't been real and i have no doubt in my mind that awareness exists after death. i also have memories of past lives as many different species including animals and can vouch for the legitimacy of that as well but when it comes to the time between lives i can only speculate since the very tiny fragments of what i can remember of time in between lives is far to unreliable and cloudy to say anything for sure.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   

This interests me Frith. I wonder though, what do you mean by a higher life form? As an example, would a fish be lower than a dog?

Would a cat be on the same level as a dog?

The way I see it I suspect neural/brain complexity plays the role in what a formerly deceased being reincarnates to. So yes, a fish with a simpler brain is lower than a dog with a more complex brain that can provide the "soul" or whatever is experiencing that particular life more existential awareness and information.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   

reply to post by ~Waffles~

Hi Waffles,

Thank you for your quick response Plum, I do appreciate it ^~^.I think I can understand what you are saying now.While I'll still continue to believe that animals can reincarnate,this gives me much to consider about how humans may be different than animals in some senses with regards to the human soul.I am certainly grateful for your efforts in explaining this concept to me ^~^.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   

I'll still continue to believe that animals can reincarnate,this gives me much to consider about how humans may be different than animals in some senses

I hope to see my pets on the other side like other pet owners. The basis for the assumption that pets have souls comparable to ours may reside in the eastern religions such as perhaps Budism. I'm not that familiar with those religions to know and perhaps someone can edify us on this aspect??

A thinking person would naturally suppose that souls begin small and work up the ladder and eventually become complicated. I just have come to believe that isn't how it works. However, at the human state of development we are free to believe what we want. So that makes it a lot more comfortable!

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Enthralled Fan

did you train the dog?
if so then i would have to say no.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by CommanderSinclair

did you train the dog?
if so then i would have to say no.

I did not train the dog that died to grab my hand and take me to the sink or the fridge, or the back door. He was gentle and would drop your hand if you said ouch, if he grabbed to hard. While this dog was really smart, he in fact flunked obedience class at Petsmart because he wouldn't stop barking at the other dogs! The trainer politely asked us not to come back after the first 3 classes and we got a refund.

He just started doing it when he was a puppy, and this one did also.

His style is a little different, because he won't grab my hand, but he will grab my pantleg or shirtsleeve instead.

He's a little rougher than the dog that died, so, when he started doing this, I did put a stop to him grabbing my hand because he bit me hard a few times causing me to bleed.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Do our pets come back to be with us?

If you believe your dog do, you are PAGAN!!!!!!!!!

Bible said all human either go to heaven or hell, but I am not sure if it applies to dog.

No reincarnation in Bible Jews book!!!!!!!

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by kacou

What if there's no difference between human souls and animal souls? What if animals-souls are just old souls who deliberateley reincarnate into an animal to be close to you, to help you with your karma, in a selfless and unbiased (here's where animals differ from humans) way. You know: in an almost angelic way?
Some souls who are completeley fullfilled and enlightened choose to come back in the flesh as spirit guides, so why not in animals?

The fact that an animal brain is less complex than a human brain doesn't tell anything about the soul. The brain is just the expression of the soul not the soul itself.

I have read a lot about native american spirituality and eastern spirituality as well. I do believe in reincarnation. I have had many cats and there are 2 who always seem to come back. Even if I don't want another cat, they always find me and make it impossible for me not to take them in my home..

So, if I were you I wouldn't feel guilty for loving your dog, I believe in free will.

All the best,

Faith

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   

I'll still continue to believe that animals can reincarnate,this gives me much to consider about how humans may be different than animals in some senses

A thinking person would naturally suppose that souls begin small and work up the ladder and eventually become complicated. I just have come to believe that isn't how it works. However, at the human state of development we are free to believe what we want. So that makes it a lot more comfortable!

Well i think the soul does not become more complicated its ability to handle more complexity comes with experience

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lonte

Bible said all human either go to heaven or hell, but I am not sure if it applies to dog.

You still believe in hell and dont believe in reincarnation? ask yourself why you dont feel spiritually complete. ask yourself why your here seeking answers if you already know the truth

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Well i think the soul does not become more complicated its ability to handle more complexity comes with experience

The idea of complex souls is an interesting one for me.I try to visualize what experience an animal could learn that would cause an "evolution" of sorts in the soul.How animals react with the environment is indeed varied.I came to the conclusion that the ability to survive through social and physical means, but this does not feel like the total answer.I suspect there may be more to this than just that ^~^.Does anyone have any input? ^^

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lonte

I'm not sure what you mean to imply. Would being Pagan be a bad thing?

I don't believe in Hell, but thank you for your concern.

Also, by Bible Jews book, do you mean the Torah?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join