It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For All You Smokers out there.. Grow your own Tobacco

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I know alot of you guys smoke, and I thought this would be a great idea for a SHTF scenario. This site has loads of useful information in addition to this article, so check it out!

Grow Your Own Tobacco

Also check out:

Gardening Page

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Or if you're into more of a Veggie lifestyle try
Tomacco plants..
en.wikipedia.org...

Read into this wiki entry what you will..
Personally I think 'Simpsons' is one of the best sources of covert information available..

Homer:
"If The Flintstones has taught us anything, it's that pelicans can be used to mix cement"

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by AGENT_T

Cool article! I never heard of Tomacco before you posted this.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
LLoyd, you always have good stuff!

'll have to read the whole thing when i have time.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
LLoyd, you always have good stuff!

'll have to read the whole thing when i have time.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Thanks DG, I appreciate the kudos.It's nice to know your efforts are appreciated.

Thanks again for the reply.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
As dg said, another great post Lloyd.

This user posted a great comment...

mr
Home growen Tobacco is a good alternative when we run out of brought stuff useing a kitchen food processer i have filled a 20 litre bucket with home growen and slowly dryed tobacco then poured 2 litres of home made red wine into this mixed it all up then sweat dryed it outside in full sunlight for about 2 hours put back in the bucket while still a little damp it smells nice and has a beauiful mello flavour 1/2 a bottle or rum may improve it even more.

Keep up the good thread starting man.

Silver

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Quick question for you, though... (I'm reading right after this)

I understand that tobacco is addictive (20 year smoker, 32 y/o), and I am actually trying to quit AGAIN myself... Why not just quit?

Besides that question, I thought there were strict laws concerning this, or do they have something like you are allowed in your possession X amount of seeds, and X amount of plants?

I just figured I'd pose those questions quickly before I go look them up myself. Someone may already have info.

EDIT: Yar, I can confirm almost no legal issues in U.S. and UK., at least.

Is it legal to grow tobacco plants? - Yahoo answers

(question) Is it legal to grow tobacco plants?
Is it legal to grow a few plants in the state of washington?

(answer) Hello

Actual Tobacco plants there is no law against growing them. Although you must make sure that the plant is hardy to your zone or you will get minimal growth if any and then it will die in the cooler months. Usually grown around zone 3A but double check this to be safe, it may also be grown inside but is usally more difficult, don't forget the aging or the taste would be quite harsh and rancid.

Greenman
Dave

Frequently Asked Questions about our Tobacco Seeds

[edit on 29-5-2008 by Earthscum]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Earthscum

Quitting is the best solution, I did so myself a couple of months ago. Now whether I'll continue to abstain is another matter.
This is my third attempt. Like they say: "One is too many, and a thousand isn't enough."

As to the legality, I know of no laws that say you can't raise small quantities of tobacco for your own personal use. If there are, save the seeds and knowledge for SitX when I doubt they'll be much enforcement.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Ok, answer my own question... duh (it's still morning for me today...)

Taste - In homegrown tobacco, you get to cure it yourself. It is like home brewing beer. Once you get a process down, you can mould the flavor to your liking.

Addictive Qualities - Homegrown is less addictive than commercial tobacco, due to the addition of chemicals. Should be 'nuff said. (think: pipe and cigar, good cigars, compared to cigarettes when frequency of use vs. amount used is taken into factor.)

Additives - During curing, you can add in your own flavorings. In commercial tobacco, it is well documented fact that chemicals are added to increase the absorption of nicotine. As well, there are other 'fillers' added. Would you rather smoke chemicals and tobacco, or pure tobacco leaf that's been cured with a hint of fine cogniac or brandy? (Always thought a good cigar dipped in Capt'n Morgan Private Stock would be awesome. Just never had the 2 at the same time to try it...)

That's enough for me. I'm gonna go try not to think about it now, lol.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Great idea.
Even though I dont smoke that often. And its ussaly a cigar or my pipe, and well um never mind.
But in a sitx tobacco would propably be pretty scarse after the looters take it from all the stores.
So it would be vary vauleable in bartering with smokers.
And you would be able to barter with that one smoker who may be welling to trade some of his food/ammo/ect. for some smokes.

Oh yeah I just started to grow tobacco.
So high hopes on the quality.

[edit on 29-5-2008 by 5ealchris]

top topics

join