It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army helicopter crash in Devon, UK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Army helicopter crash in Devon, UK

news.bbc.co.uk

An army helicopter, with two crew members on board, has crashed in Devon.

The helicopter came down near Kingscott, Torrington, at 1545 BST. Police said two crew members have been injured, but no buildings are damaged.

A rescue team from RAF Chivenor has been scrambled and Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue has dispatched crews.

One of the crew has been flown to North Devon District Hospital. The other is currently being treated at the crash scene. An exclusion zone is in place.

About 12,000 homes in the area lost electricity supplies about the time of the accident, although it is not known if this was linked to the crash.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
OK, no one killed, and helicopters do come down all the time, but the last bit is interesting - can it be coincidence that 12000 homes lost power at the same time? What was the army helicopter up to, and could it be responsible for the power cut?

Discuss....

LW

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
LOL - was on pprune a few hours ago - word is it was a wire strike.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   

One person has died after an army helicopter with two crew members on board crashed in Devon.

It appears one has now died.

I was watching at least one Lynx flying around Plymouth sound today seemed to be linked with the (frigate?) out there, also there were some rigid raiders zooming about (my office has a beautiful view of the sound) - wonder if there was some larger exercise today... - Ho ok now I see it's a Squirrel - for some reason I thought it was a Lynx.

Yheah the power cut does seem to suggest the cause don't it?

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a sad update

uk.news.yahoo.com...

The Army training helicopter came down in a wooded area in Kingscott, near Torrington, at around 3.45 p.m.

"Sadly, we can confirm that both service personnel on board have died," an MoD spokesman said.

the helo was a training type , a squirrel and not the lynx as first mentioned

new topics

top topics

join