It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Couric Critiques Iraq War Run-Up Coverage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Couric Critiques Iraq War Run-Up Coverage

www.cbsnews.com

"I think it's a very legitimate allegation," said CBS News' Katie Couric. "I think it's one of the most embarrassing chapters in American journalism.

"And I think there was a sense of pressure from corporations who own where we work and from the government itself to really squash any kind of dissent or any kind of questioning of it," Couric added. "I think it was extremely subtle but very, very effective."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
This is the kind of thing I find outrageous! But the implication does not seem to register with most people!

The news should be the news not some corporate product or government propaganda.

www.cbsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I mean where is the follow up to this story. What kind of corporate pressure is she talking about??? Who were the administration officials who pressured the media?? Just basic questions. I mean Katie Couric can say this on national television and nothing...

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Couric can join Chris Matthews in shutting the hell up. Talking about it while it's going on is one thing, but to placate viewers way after the fact is bush league.

I guess it's all safe now for these hacks to start jumping on the pile! Makes me want to puke.

Peace

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
What's worse is that I just saw recently where some of these main stream talking heads and shills were patting themselves on the back over the way they covered things (or failed to cover things, more appropriately).

Fact of the matter is, all of these Corpomedia outlets are co-conspiratory abetists in spreading propaganda and not exposing this criminal administration in its 935 LIES build-up to march us into this disaster.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Well yeah, of course it's CYA now that McClellan's come out with his beltway bombshell, but hey, better late than never, and maybe it will penetrate a few skulls out there not to buy whole hog into what the corporate media crams into that little box.

Getting it out there, getting people to see they've been misled and manipulated, can only be a plus, even if it is more stale than a day-old pizza.

Especially seeing as we've got an administration fixated on Iran, and who knows how far they're willing to go?

[edit on 29-5-2008 by gottago]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I think we are witnessing an unusual event.

On the one hand the media is doing a bang up job of rendering our latest "tell-all" author into a marginally noteworthy anomaly ("that's so not LIKE him", "I am puzzled", "he sounds like a left-wing nut case").

On the other hand several reporters are starting the CYA campaign. I especially like the 'subtle' remark. After seeing internet sites like this referred to as 'wacko cesspool of conspiracy nuts" I wonder how subtle that motivation could have been.

Eventually someone WILL intervene. There will be a definitive 'shift' in how this gets reported - before the week is out. Watch for it!

[edit on 29-5-2008 by Maxmars]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

Looks like everyone is jumping on the bandwagon now.

Just where were these "people of conscience" when they were doing the reporting? Tools.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
In this convoluted age we live in, sniveling co-conspirators are now elevated as heroes for coming clean 5 years after it's too late to do anything about their complicity in the crimes against the public.

Couric is admitting her complicity in deceiving the American people and she will be lauded, not fired, or even tried for her crimes.

new topics

top topics

join