It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do your friends & family think about you? (believer)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by 2believeor0

Go 300 years in the past and explain to people about radiation. Or tell them what are the characteristics of a black hole. Or what is the relationship between electricity and magnetism.

Just because you can not touch, smell, hear, taste, or see something that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

[edit on 30-5-2008 by guppy]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by guppy

Just because you can not touch, smell, hear, taste, or see something that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Yes, and it also does not mean that it does. Lack of negative proof does not directly imply positive proof.

There is no way one can discount intelligent life or even visitation from intelligent life. BUT, just to take that statement as proof of such visitation is a fallacy.

I for one have put this in a state of suspended belief until the WHL. Each indidvidual incident merits attention without pre-judging the outcome.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2believeor0
My own situation is similar to many of you. Started off as a believer, have spent countless hours trying to find information on the subject. all that time I have kept this ...uh ... to myself.

the wife may have an idea of my leanings but no one else around me knows, and no one will if I can help it. The reason is simple - I am not entirely convinced. How can I have a serious conversation with someone who is a lot less convinced (as is the case) than I am.

So we wait for the proverbial WHL - and that is the day I will talk to anyone who wishes to talk.

Not being enterly convinced shudnt keep ya from talking about it .... but that's my opinion. Over the years one devellopes 'a nose' for ppl who ya can talk with or not.

I'm a believer but sometimes when ppl come up with very good arguments I sometimes doubt my own sanity
but then again ..... it's my mind that has to put up with MY ideas!!

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
They don't think anything about it, because they don't know. And if they knew they would probably think I'm a complete wierdo with 2 much time on my hands. Which maybe true, which maybe not be true. But's that's how get down, and I wouldn't have any other way

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Most people just are not equipped to entertain anything out of the ordinary. I have found that they are actually jealous of those who can!

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by guppy

Go 300 years in the past and explain to people about radiation. Or tell them what are the characteristics of a black hole. Or what is the relationship between electricity and magnetism.

Our 5 senses is barely enuf to experience life as it is ..... I trust my 6th sense more
I can see, hear, taste and smell with my 6th sense .. never tried the touching tho .... except by telepathy

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Howie47
Most people just are not equipped to entertain anything out of the ordinary. I have found that they are actually jealous of those who can!

Howie: fasten ur seatbelts!! cos times are deff. changing soon

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I am a believer of UFOs, Extraterrestrials, Aliens, ect. I was raised that the "travelers"(strange moving objects in the sky) seen while, camping for example, were not from this world and were UFOs. But the minute you say something of abductions, psychical meetings, ect. You are labeled as having a sci-fi driven over-active imagination. But I have never been discouraged about speaking to them about it. I figure one day when this all becomes declassified, I can proudly stand up and say..."See , I'm not as crazy as you thought!"

(before I get slammed, I used to work for a telecommunications company and travelers are NOT satellites.)

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
All of my family (whats left of them) and coworkers believe as I do so we don't discuss UFOs unless they make the national news, like the April 21st sightings over Phoenix. Like me they believe there's something real and extraterrestial, that there's life on other worlds, and that we may be visited by them.

But like me they also can't understand why "they" would want to have anything to do with us. Its aliens we have high esteem for and humans we don't understand.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Yeah. If you even saw what we have in our closets, you would never dare defy our dictates.

I'm on your side. My government, and maybe all governments see the people as mere cattle that they use to exalt themselves.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I just wanted to say that I am wery glad i found this forum, it feels almost like coming home every time i log on.

Sad, but you get kinda lonely when you are interested in things like UFO`s.

My boyfriend is sceptical about everything that hasen`t been "prooved by science", so it`s no use talking to him about it.

My point is, ATS is a great forum, and a place where people from all over the world can meet and share their common interest, that is unvailing the truth.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
People for the most part believe what they need to believe. If something doesn't fit right into their spectrum of "normal" most people just won't even consider the possibilities. Look how long it took people to realize the earth was round and orbited the sun. People say they are "open minded" but when it comes down to it I have found most people are very narrow minded and unaccepting of ideas that "go against the norm". Another thing to consider is the newest form of warfare will not be fought on a field but rather within the mind. Start researching mind control and how our minds are programmed to "not question authority", "consume", "produce children", etc. Here in the midwest where I am, it's a BIG TABOO to even talk about UFO's or the possiblity of an alien presence on earth.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by afkhandyon

Show them the ESA Hale Crater pic. Download pic, lower brightness, increase contrast, etc.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Anom3

Amen to that, Anom3. Amen with capital U-F-and-O.

In my last job, I was lucky to make two friends who were into conspiracies. Our lunches were always stimulating. Finding people like that are hard. It seems we are far and few. ATS is a great place to remove political borders and distance. Where we can share and put our minds together.

reply to post by mikeeok4

Could you specify a link to any image you are talking about? I downloaded two images from ESA Hale Crater. But, I am not sure what you are talking about without further information or the proper image. Are you talking about the patches of green?

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I think everyone in my social circle knows I am interested about extra-terrestrial life. But I am not a preaching type, and I do not bring the subject up unless anyone else does. I am also not UFO-geek - kind of person, I like sports and have multiple interests. Also, I bring my point up through carefully validated comments e.g. I talk about Drake equisition and refer to cold facts. I can separate what people can and are willing to accept, so there is no point of starting telling stories about greys or project Serpo. (Personally I also find especially latter highly doubtful).

It's human nature that we can only absorb certain amount of information that has significant impact on way we view the world. For example, many people are willing to accept that some other planet has water or that there are some bacteria found on other planets, which resembles life. These kind of small news make people accept the idea and get used to it. They are easy to discuss and are more likely to stimulate people than turn them off the subject. Story of grey aliens which mutalate cows and kidnap humans to probe them sounds just too much - even if it was true

When I left my former job, I got a present: DVD-box of Spielberg's UFO-related series. Point "Taken".

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join