It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do your friends & family think about you? (believer)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Both of my parents are ex-hippies. So basicly anything goes
My mother was a party to one of my sightings. She thought I was high,so I dragged her outside and made her see it. We've never spoken of it since then,which is odd,but not too odd,as she's not a "talker"

My dad is more open to "things" I remember he once told me,to not be too supprised if some of my dreams came true.Or if I think things before they happen. Which,of course,they do!

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Thank you all for sharing your experiences, I was feeling really bad when all this started and people look at me like I’m an idiot or something.
It feels better to know that I’m not alone with this feelings and going truth the same pain way.

reply to post by Stormdancer777

I had very similarly experience as I told my best friend about things I known, now I do not talk about these things no more but it’s hard for me to live in such a twilight.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
hmm,good question..i would say dont worry about it.

they are going to find out soon enough

one of my brothers thnks its silly,but deep down i think he believes...my mom thinks im a goofball when i talk about about it.but i know she believes cause she saw the same craft i did

anyways it's all good..i bet everyone has their own way of going about the topic.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by afkhandyon

Yes, I know, it would be nice to share your experiences with someone close to you, they almost seem not only to disbelieve what we have experienced, but are not even interested in hearing about it.

There must be a reason, perhaps it is not for everyone to know.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Just like this topic is synchronictic( is that a word?) lol

I believe totally in synchronicity , after my experience with my family, I was going to talk about this on the forum, and here is your topic,

Just coincidence ? No way.

[edit on 103131p://bFriday2008 by Stormdancer777]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
It's amazing how those who believe care about why those who don't believe. We feel like we MUST show them information and prove something to them. It's amazing how it paralells popular religious beliefs or political partisanship.

Personally I don't force the issue on anyone. I usually don't even bring it up unless there's an opportunity to do so. If I'm met with respectful skepticism then that's fine, I let it go. People are entitled to their own beliefs. If I'm made fun of I always resort to tearing the other person down:

Me: Do you think the universe is big?
Them: Uh, yeah
Me: How big?
Them: I dunno, pretty big, huge
Me: Bigger than your mind can fully comprehend, yes?
Them: I guess so, yeah
Me: And you don't think in that vast area of the universe there might have spawned intelligent life somewhere else? You think we're it, all alone?

At that point, I've got them trapped. An answer in the negative tells me that they are closed minded, self-important people. An answer in the affirmative means they are contradicting themselves.

[edit on 30-5-2008 by sos37]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by sos37

I don't care why. But that's because I know why. An acquaintance of mine thinks that most people intuitively know th world is alot bigger and creepier than societal boundaries would admit, but for sake of stress maintenance CHOOSE to ignore the anomalous.

But this will change. People will have to face facts. The patriarchy did well at holding back the demons for years and sheltering some of the people, but there is a conservation of energy thing. You push, eventually something pushes back. I think it will (is) gradual from our POV, but may seem like a violent overnight change to future observers.
This site is a good example. We should congratulate ourselves modestly for the effort. And be glad that we are prepared for suprises!
They will come

And you're right. People who don't accept the changes are either truly stupid and blind or in denial.

[edit on 30-5-2008 by djerwulfe]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Personally I don't force the issue on anyone.

I know, I never felt the need before, and I don't even tell everything on this forum, maybe I just wanted to see my families reaction, I don't know why.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   

stress maintenance

that's a good point.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I think that is one of the very best reasons ATS is so great. Yes there are skeptics here who will treat you the way you expect most to treat you.. like your crazy for believing anything other than what society allows.. BUT there are also a multitude of people like yourself here that know how you feel and can relate to you.. and help you know that you are not alone in what you feel and what you know.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by afkhandyon
Thank you all for sharing your experiences, I was feeling really bad when all this started and people look at me like I’m an idiot or something.

Don't worry what others think of you. It only dilutes what you think of yourself, and that's what matters....

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I believe that my intrest in these beliefs originated from my mom. She always told me that the universe is too big for us to be the only life around. So I have always had an intrest in aliens, UFO's and the paranormal, since I was a little girl. I have never witnessed any kind of UFO activity but I am a believer. Thats the reason I joined ATS, its great to find a place where others share your views and intrest. When I first talked about these things with my boyfriend he thought I was a lil nuts, but he is coming around, and is even starting to get intrested in my conspiracy theories and thoughts. Of course I don't discuss these things with the majority of my friends because they just do not understand, and thats fine maybe one day they will. Don't worry too much about what other people think, they can't live your life for you as you can't live yours for them.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Most of my family believes in aliens after I convinced them and I am only 16 but I did it in a way that would make sense to them. For example ever since we were little I liked playing strategy games and got my brothers to start playing them and now we play them all the time. So we all pride ourselves on being good strategists. So they asked if aliens are real how come the government doesn't say they are? I said first aliens probably have advanced technology because they would have to come from a different planet maybe galaxy and our galaxy is one of the newest and second even if they are in our galaxy they probably didn't have to wait for the dinosaurs to go extinct. Then I said pretend aliens were found in the U.S. What would that mean to the government it means a piece of advanced technology landed in your country. Now you could either announce this to the world and share the technology or keep it a secret and use it as a trump card should you ever need it. Obviously it would be in the country's best interest to keep it a secret.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   

They Think I'm Nuts

they also believe the current administration is telling the truth about September 11 2001, NASA is telling the public every thing they know about the moon...I of course beg to differ on both counts.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Hey folks,
I’m a believer and every time I talk about UFO’s and Extraterrestrial life forms with my friends and family they don’t believe me, no matter how convincingly the cases I talk about are.
Everyone thinks I’m stupid or crazy to believe in such things or just childish, how do you live with this, are you even talking about this with friends & family?
It is Frustrating how ignorantly people are and no matter what you say or show them, they just won’t believe you and ignore everything.
I just stopped talking about these things, but it’s frustrating..

Ps:
Sorry for my English I’m from Europe.

MOD-Note: Corrected the grammar in the title.

[edit on 29-5-2008 by Skyfloating]

its ignorant to believe.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
Me: And you don't think in that vast area of the universe there might have spawned intelligent life somewhere else? You think we're it, all alone?

At that point, I've got them trapped. An answer in the negative tells me that they are closed minded, self-important people. An answer in the affirmative means they are contradicting themselves.

[edit on 30-5-2008 by sos37]

You may have taken a leap of faith here. While there is a good chance there is intelligent life out there in the universe - even in our own galaxy. The chance that they can hop into interstellar space craft and cover the distance is lower - much lower. Yes, there is the worm hole/warp-drive theories, but they are just theories. Unless you have absolute proof of such science it is best not to blindly believe, else you open yourself up to nut cases and con men....

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Hey folks,
I’m a believer and every time I talk about UFO’s and Extraterrestrial life forms with my friends and family they don’t believe me, no matter how convincingly the cases I talk about are.
Everyone thinks I’m stupid or crazy to believe in such things or just childish, how do you live with this, are you even talking about this with friends & family?
It is Frustrating how ignorantly people are and no matter what you say or show them, they just won’t believe you and ignore everything.
I just stopped talking about these things, but it’s frustrating..

Ps:
Sorry for my English I’m from Europe.

MOD-Note: Corrected the grammar in the title.

[edit on 29-5-2008 by Skyfloating]

I choose the ppl I share my info with. My family members and husband KNOW I'm interested in this stuff but they are not much intereted in the subjects I sometimes come up with.
Altho out of the blue, my husband sometimes brings up a subject, like 'yes there is life out there (Universe) somewhere....

They are ok with me be being who I am tho, I've alwasys been 'a bit weird' to some ppl. Since I was a child I had very off-mainstream idea's

My friends are divided but I have friends with whom I can discuss certain issues like Aliens and UFO's.

TIP: Seek friends with whom you can share this info / subjects with

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   

There are intelligent people who obviously have the brain capacity to comprehend such theories. Yet most of them shut their brains when you start poking at their reality matrix.

One of my first jobs out of college there was a guy who just could not believe life existed outside of planet earth. Me and 3 other people were telling him it is logical to say life does exist based on the size of our universe. I even showed him pictures of our galaxy and then our universe. Nothing could break him away from his reality.

After two hours of debating, I got tired and left him to his own accord. I felt sorry for him afterwards.

But, we should all keep pushing the truth. I believe in our lifetime, disclosure will occur. We will be vindicated for our beliefs. Stay strong, ATS'rs!

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
My own situation is similar to many of you. Started off as a believer, have spent countless hours trying to find information on the subject. all that time I have kept this ...uh ... to myself.

the wife may have an idea of my leanings but no one else around me knows, and no one will if I can help it. The reason is simple - I am not entirely convinced. How can I have a serious conversation with someone who is a lot less convinced (as is the case) than I am.

So we wait for the proverbial WHL - and that is the day I will talk to anyone who wishes to talk.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by 2believeor0

You need to think outside of the box. Can you even comprehend where our society will be after 100 years from now? What will our technology develop into? How will society cope with these changes? Would we today even be able to comprehend what we see if we were thrown 100 years into the future?

Now what if a civilization lasted 1,000, 10,000, or even 1 million years longer than ours? How would we perceive them? You can't assume, like in Star Trek, every space faring race has the same level of technology. Our universe alone is approximately 18 billion years old. That's a long time for any number of species to develop and mature to travel amongst the stars.

Don't think about what is out there with our limited perception of the universe. To do so is like encouraging humans should return to the dark ages.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join