It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do your friends & family think about you? (believer)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
My girl seems to use the quote "you're insane" frequently when I mention ufos, parents tell me to keep quiet about them when their friends are about. Friends seem to fall about laughing when I mention them which makes me laugh too. Ufos are fun.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I am actually leaning more toward the dimensional theory myself with each subsequent experience...

DD, you have a thread where you talk about your personal experiences with the phenomenon?

The extra-dimensional hypothesis certainly eliminates the FTL problem and the frequency of visitation puzzle... It's definitely a good candidate.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

I've talked about some of my experiences here and there, but honestly I have had so many that it would be hard to count them all...Most have been high atmosphere, but a couple came quite close. One even startled the hell out of me. The speed (if that's even the right word to use) with which these things move is unreal-It's instantanious.

My G/F and I saw one at night one time that we thought for sure was going to land on the roof. We saw it at a far distance--blinked--then it was literally only a couple thousand feet away...Blinked again---The thing was miles in the distance. It's like they can just pop into one area, then pop out of it and appear somewhere else instantly.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
This actually a serious thing.

Old folks, people over 75, have a hard time with world. It's too complicated now.
I have a mixed bag in my family. Most of them I don't talk to about the more sinister or abstract aspects of the world.
A couple of my close family are comrades-in-arms . . . sorta.

But the majority know I'm no fool, so they avoid talking to me about certain things.
People don't want to know. They believe me. They just get really uncomfortable and maybe ask what they should do. Most of the time there isn't anything to do. So I keep quiet alot with the folks.

Really suprises me that some people don't want to know... I can't help it...but to want to know,

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by djerwulfe

They believe me. They just get really uncomfortable and maybe ask what they should do. Most of the time there isn't anything to do. So I keep quiet alot with the folks.

Really suprises me that some people don't want to know...

I have had a similar experience with friends. You can tell at some point they just look at you and they believe you, but it's an uncomfortable thing to talk about it.

It's totally normal to experience anxiety or fear as the alien thing sinks into you. I have become so accustomed to thinking "I know it all" or "we humans are superior to every creature on this planet." The Ufo phenomenon can be a serious blow to the ego.

In a few hundred years I'm sure everyone will believe in "aliens" or whatever the phenomenon turns out to be. We will go down in history as the generations who started to question things and began to realize we are being contacted by a higher species or entity.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
For the most part, I don't talk to too many people about things that I may or may not believe in...Not for any reason other than, they just don't understand or are unwilling to hear about the possibility of something being true.

There are two people that I do talk to, My Father (who got me into C2C last year) and my Cousin (who I used to make watch X-Files with me).

My father is probably the most supportive person I know, in terms of being open to the possibility of different topics. He belives in more Global Conspiracies, as opposed to inter-gallactical ones. I am the one with interest in the Paranormal, Spirits, Space....However, this doesn't limit my father and I from having great conversations. His interest is more along the lines of Political Scandals, 9/11, Illuminati, etc... We've recently started talking about Survival, and being prepared Just in Case...

My Cousin is also a conspiracy theory junkie, him and I have excellent discussions and brain-storming sessions, that often result in one or both of us learning something new, or looking at things in a different light. Its really nice to have someone to talk to about these kind of things, that doesn't think you are crazy!

Other than these two, i don't really talk too much to other people about alternative news topics...

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

The speed (if that's even the right word to use) with which these things move is unreal-It's instantanious.

I believe you. My aunt told me the story of another aunt (who passed away when I was very young) who witnessed a disc up close in Peru in the 1960s. It startled her so much she didn't tell anyone for years until finally she told her husband.. and it eventually leaked out to a couple of the sisters (my mom is the youngest of 7).

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
my sister thinks i'm crazy to believe in such things as this. She is possible has the notion of fear every time i mention something. My parents and my girl friend dont know anything that won't hurt them. So yeah until some real evidence or truth comes out, until then I will be keeping my lips shut about it. I'm gonna finish studying law and join the defence force as a legal officer..

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I told them about 9/11, they looked at me in silence, and they never asked anything about it again

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   

For me, it's not a matter of "belief"...I KNOW these things are there. So I am a "knower" rather than a believer.

Very well put.

IMO, based on the testimonies of those claiming to have been in contact w/ them, what the Bible says, and other materials I have "stumbled" across, I believe them to be those spoken of in the Bible as being cast down from the heavens.

As far as getting strange looks from ppl, I don't really have that problem bc first and foremost, I am selective w/ who I will open up to about it and those I do talk w/ about it, I had reason to believe that they "know" to due to other beliefs they hold (although they don't feel the same urge I do to prepare themselves against the lies and deception that will only grow stronger and harder to dicipher as time goes on... which may be a testiment to some or all of their faith or could be that they don't see it as a "reality" in their mind yet).

But really, here in our neck of the woods, it is becoming a little more accepted by the general public (which certainly must be due to the fact that I am in tx and not too far from many of the recent string of sitings...... haven't seen one myself and am perfectly fine w/ that
)

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I think I've yet to meet anyone in my family who hasn't had a weird experience.
I also dated a friend who's family in general has the same experiences which i found to be very strange.

As for friends, a lot of them are very open to my experiences because most of them know someone they trust that has had some sort of random experience.

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Im quite lucky in that my mother is also aware of these kind of things..... my teenage sister also, i never grew up with my dad but hes also into it.... i tend to stick with my family as i find listening to people ramble on about boyfriend problems, shopping, drinking and all those other things quite insignificant..... id much rather be on ats on a saturday night!.......

I try not to talk about it to people who seem to not be ready or 'awake' but sometimes i cant stop myself! if i hear some real uneducated comment i cant help but put them straight!......

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicstorm
I try not to talk about it to people who seem to not be ready or 'awake' but sometimes i cant stop myself! if i hear some real uneducated comment i cant help but put them straight!......

Same here. Some people I know are very open minded, others are just closed like a clam and don't want to know about it... they are not 'awake' as you say.

Parents are closet ghost/spirituality beleivers, entire family had a ghost experience at the same time with my granfathers passing away etc so go figure.
UFO's are a little more difficult but I think even my phd minded father is a closet believer, almost never talks about it though.

Some people are willing to listen, others are close minded... it's usually either or unfortunately. Funny thing is you find believers in the most unlikely people and you usually end up developing a good friendship with them after that!

edit: Just a had an epic chat with mum... she's a full on closet paranormal believer, way further into it than I thought. Tries to keep it hidden from view though to not 'discredit' people with similar beliefs, I tried to explain otherwise, she took it onboard and disagreed. I'm not going to try impose my will upon others and left it at that
I'm not supposed to have even posted this hehehe... shuuush!

[edit on 30-5-2008 by GhostR1der]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   
i find people ridicule or try and laugh, but i just keep stoned face with no emotion, i can only tell them what i know and to be honest its not much. then i say can you honestly beleve we are the only living things in this universe, a universe thats so big we are the only ones to exsist, oh my you really do have a small mind! that usually shuts them up.

from a person who reads these threads but wont register as i dont think i could add to these great topics, imho.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   
i dont even talk with my family about life from other places i just hold firmly the knowledge of how i will help them understand when it all comes to light and to protect them also.
i can say that ats has given me an understanding of things that most people cannot handle mentally . and because of that understanding i conduct my life in a slightly different manner and they notice that but dont question it. because i have "being the youngest of 5 children " always been a free spirit and a wild child compared to the rest of my siblings and always gone against the grain it's hard to surprise them with anything any more .

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
My family believes and is very much supportive as they experienced many things and even more than I did. It looks like I am in a line of extrasensitive blood.
Friends think I am a bit weird but they understand and many enjoy good conversation even when they don't always believe.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by afkhandyon

OH my gosh, thank you for this topic, this is what happened to me this weekend,

I always kept my experiences secret, then after posting my story here at ATS I decided to tell my daughter my story,

She laughed hysterically,

She said you are joking, right?

I kept saying no, it really happened, this is why I never told people.

Next I told my husband, at first he said well that's no big deal, they were unidentified, I said but they had telepathic communication with me, he said, WTF?

I shut up and that was the end of that conversation.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by afkhandyon
What do your friends & family think about you? (believer)

In general about me .... I don't know and I don't care.

In regards to UFOs, ghosts, politics, etc ...

Family agrees on UFOs, ghosts, politics and life in general.
Friends pretty much disagree with everything .

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Welcome to UFO Anonymous!

This group therapy is helping me cope with my psychological issues. Thanks all!

Anyways, when someone brings up a subject related a conspiracy, I ask them a few "feeler" questions to see how they would respond. If they respond positively or interested, then I give them more until they give me the look that I'm crazy. It helps because it does get people thinking. But, I do get a reputation of being a nut-ball because of my theories and rants.

As for family, they think I'm nuts. My parents are die-hard religious and nothing can be outside of that. My sibling just gives me a weird look and changes the subject to something she knows or is used to talking about.

I only have a few friends who are interested and informed about conspiracies. We share and discuss about these subjects whenever we get together. My other friends just tease me all the time, like "Hey, did you get probed last night?" I just take it with a grain of salt and move on. Occassionally, I give them logical questions which they just pick at it and tease me further. But being a stubbon SOB I just keep pushing along.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by afkhandyon

I know what you mean, I just feel like im smarter than everyone, and when they say im childish or stupid, all i say is (time will tell) and thats it. cuz if this stuff is true, im confident we will find out in our lifetimes. (soon i think)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join