It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gulf War Never Ended

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 09:57 AM
link   
It's all too clear that the 1991 Persian Gulf War never really ended. The strategy merely shifted once our main fighting forces left Iraq and Saudi Arabia.

First we demolished the bulk of Saddam's forces.

Then we crippled Iraq for a decade with bombing and crippling economic sanctions.

Once the target was soft enough and a US president willing to overthrow the leader of a sovereign state was in place, BAMMO, the invasion to oust Saddam.

Forget about Weapons of Mass Destruction. That was pure freak you out fiction.

Here's a link to an interview with former weapons inspector and Gulf War vet Scott Ritter discussing this. Some argue he's full of it; I argue he's solid. You be the judge.

Scott Ritter Press Conference at MacDuffie School

Now some in the media I think are extremely complicit in this,
people who should know better.

www.traprockpeace.org...

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   
You know for once your right. That war never ended. We pounded them with bombs for the last 10 years. It's like a big as chess game. Get them to where to honly way they can fight back is gurrilla warefare

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   
It took me years to truly see it for what it is.

I'd love to see that rat ba$turd Chalabi picked up and taken back to Jordan where he belongs: rotting in a jail cell.. maybe right next to Saddam. They're no different from each other.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   
You're not gonna get a more crystallized, accurate behind the scenes account of the Gulf war/WMD/Iraq invasion from anyone than Scott Ritter gives. The transcipts here are dead on the money. It's unreal that no one wants to hear what he's saying.

So many people don't wanna know the truth. That's why our soldiers are still over there and still over in Afghanistan dying day after day. Because the American people would rather watch Jerry Springer and contemplate whether or not aliens were behind 9-11. I just can't for the life of me understand it.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I actually read that article (hey I was bored) and it seemed to me that he made a lot of claims, but I am curious as to where his evidence is. He was rather vague in citing examples.

Also, I am pretty sure that this was not conducted in a non-biased way. I mean c'mon, "peace center?" What the heck is that?

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Ritter was a Captain in the Marine Corps before and during the Gulf War. He supported the Gulf War (as did I .) He then became a weapons inspector and spent probably more time in Iraq than just about any other American. His credentials and knowledge are unimpeachable. Run a google search and look into it. His history with Iraq is well-documented. He locked horns with the Clinton administration throughout and now he's locked horns with BushCo. As a veteran of that war myself, and as someone whose followed Ritter's work from day one - way back then - I trust him completely.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   
His foes within the Bush administration have done everything in their power to smear him. He might as well be teflon, cuz they can't.

The turning point for both Ritter and myself came when we realized (around the same time) that the USA was not into merely containing Saddam. And it wasn't about his so-called WMD. That shift came when we saw that BushCo. was out to take down the leader of a sovereign nation - with no justification. Unjustly and recklessly risking the lives our men and women in uniform. Today's Neo Con leaders should be forced themselves to live in that hellish environment they are responsible for creating. But they won't because they're cowards who can only send other people to fight for them. Those little Bee-otches!
(Wolfowitz, Perle, Feith, Bolton, Cheney etc)

[Edited on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

[Edited on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   
ECK, your right the war never ended - direct hostilities ended under an armistice when Saddam agreed to get rid of offensive weapons capability to the colition forces operating under the auspices of the UN.

And yup yer right again about the UN sanctions and bombing raids in response to Saddam not abiding by agreements he made in the armistice.

17 UN resolutions later Saddam either refused to prove he had gotten rid of WMD or he hid them. If he did not have any it would have been easy on his part to get the sanctions lifted and the bombing stopped, why do you suppose he did'nt do that?

Scott Ritter was debunked as any kind of reliable source when it was shown he was a perv suspect open to bribery from the Iraqis and others - not exactly Mr reliable in my book.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
yup,
i buy it.. sounds reasonable..

but in a less sophisticated "conspiracy" form...remember, george Bu$h might not be into the presidency for anything more than the oil..iraq was just an itch that had to be taken care of.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix
ECK, your right the war never ended - direct hostilities ended under an armistice when Saddam agreed to get rid of offensive weapons capability to the colition forces operating under the auspices of the UN.

I saw a headline in the mainstream news yesterday or today saying Iraq was rid of WMD's (that the USA largely supplied them with) by 1994. Sounds about right. I'm just curious Phoenix, you ever been to Iraq?

And yup yer right again about the UN sanctions and bombing raids in response to Saddam not abiding by agreements he made in the armistice.

The bombing and sanctions were a perfect containment measure, albeit brutal to the people only. It worked like a charm. Because of it Saddam was never a threat to anyone. The WMD was pure fiction. Did you by chance read or hear Ahmed Chalabi's statements concerning the fact that he lied? And Wolfowitz' same statements? I guess that peice of truth is simply tuned out of the proud Neo Con mind.

17 UN resolutions later Saddam either refused to prove he had gotten rid of WMD or he hid them. If he did not have any it would have been easy on his part to get the sanctions lifted and the bombing stopped, why do you suppose he did'nt do that?

Classic rhetoric. He was the leader of a country sitting atop the world's second largest oil reserves. Do you think there weren't plenty of enemies who might have got froggy with him had he not scared the shiZit outta them by claiming to posess the dreaded chem/bio weapons? He wasn't personally hurting from the sanctions or bombing runs. He used those psyops skillz the CIA taught him and psyched out alotta people. It was pretty damn wily of him, actually.

Scott Ritter was debunked as any kind of reliable source when it was shown he was a perv suspect open to bribery from the Iraqis and others - not exactly Mr reliable in my book.

Sorry, but you're wrong on that. It was the other way around. They tried to pin that on him, but failed miserably. It was pure BU#. It's pretty sad, actually. You're not gonna find a more honorable and patriotic dude than Captain Scott Ritter. I'd serve under him and follow him to hell and back. He's worked tirelessly for the citizens of the United States and this is the thanks he gets. It's pathetic.

The whole point to this is, we may have come home in April of '91, but the war was far from over. They had a long term strategy to remove Saddam; which, incidentally, they have a bad habit of doing once their puppet becomes useless to them. They have lied to America straight down the line and are nothing but a bunch of infantile, socially retarded power mongers bent on empire. Which, the last time I checked was completely anti-US Constitution.

new topics

top topics

join