It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal Obama Fundraising Scandal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Just got my latest fund-raising email signed by Barack Obama.

Here's an interesting quote from the email:

Right now, someone who has already given once to the campaign is ready to give again -- but only if you make your first donation right now.

If you take the next step and decide to own a piece of this campaign, that supporter will double your gift.

You'll see the name and hometown of the person who matched your donation. And you can even choose to exchange a personal note about why you've decided to support a different kind of politics.

Double your impact -- your donation of $25 will equal $50 for our cause.

Where to begin with this....

First, it's outright fraud for Obama to make the claim that some mysterious, unnamed donor is ONLY going to give again IF the recipient of the email makes their first donation RIGHT NOW. This is just total bs and is illegal and should be investigated.

Second, I would be willing to bet any amount of money that all the Obama camp is going to do is match donors with each other after they've made the donation. In other words, with hundreds of thousands on his mailing list, there is no way that anybody is going to MANUALLY sort through the donations and match up first time donors with donors waiting in the wings to give money ONLY if somebody who never donated before makes a donation RIGHT NOW.

This is absurd on it's face! There is no way Obama is organizing a list of donors who are waiting to make a "conditional" donation based on whether or not new donors make a donation RIGHT NOW.

Like I said, this is outright fraud and should be investigated. If the GOP or the Clinton camp takes this story and pushes it, this may become the scandal that Clinton has been waiting for, and that finally brings down Obama.

Only somebody who has gotten drunk on the Obama Kool-Aid would fail to see this as anything but a flat out fraud being perpetrated by Obama to raise money.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I wish it was illegal and would do him in. I wish the 'whitey tape' would surface now. I want this farce of a primary over with and I want Hillary as the nominee. I want all the naysayers who are trying to force her out of the race because they think Obama is entitled to it when it is clear that he doesn't have the popular vote and loses to McCain in states that are needed to win in November to hush up and let this thing go to the convention. The Obama-loving media and his Kool-Aid kids would lose their collective minds and I would enjoy the fallout very much.

In fact, I think I should use all that good info I learned about Law of Attraction on another thread and go ahead and feel as happy as I would be when that happens!

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seeker Mom
I wish it was illegal and would do him in.

I have quite a bit of experience in this type of online fund-raising and marketing, and there is ZERO doubt the scam signed off on by Obama is totally, 100% illegal.

Think about it. How can he claim that anybody is ONLY going to donate RIGHT NOW if a first-time donor gives money RIGHT NOW? Does he have signed statements from all the "conditional donors" stating they're NOT going to donate later unless a first-time donor ponies up some cash now?

I know how their system is automated. What he's talking about is matching up repeat donors from his list with first-time donors, but he's claiming there is some sort of causal relationship between the two. If there's not, then this is fraud.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seeker MomThe Obama-loving media and his Kool-Aid kids would lose their collective minds and I would enjoy the fallout very much.

Of course you bring up a great point. The Obama-loving media are going to ignore this story.

Just watch what happens on this thread. The members of the cult of Obama are going to ignore this story just like they do every other exposure of Obama's lack of honesty and credibility. They've been trained that ignorance is bliss. In fact their motto should be the opposite of ATS -"Embrace Ignorance, Vote Obama"

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Update....

I've been told this story is being reviewed by the Clinton people today. Supposedly they are debating whether to make it public, let it die, or feed it over to McCain.

Don't be surprised if this shows up in the news. A lawyer who reviewed the email supposedly said that if Obama can't prove the claims he's making and he benefits from it financially, he can be charged criminally with wire fraud.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   

I wish the 'whitey tape' would surface now. I want this farce of a primary over with and I want Hillary as the nominee.

I fully agree. If it is between Obama and Hillary for the dem nomination, I'd much rather see Hillary. I figure a dem is going to win and I want the better dem in place - that's Hillary.

QUESTION to the OP - is this for sure from Obama or is it a scam to get people to send money/credit card #s ....???

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   

I wish the 'whitey tape' would surface now. I want this farce of a primary over with and I want Hillary as the nominee.

They won't release it until Obama (the weaker candidate) gets the nomination. Then they'll destroy him. That's what's going to happen.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

QUESTION to the OP - is this for sure from Obama or is it a scam to get people to send money/credit card #s ....???

I am 100% sure it's from Obama. I'm on his mailing list. And what's really interesting is the a 2nd email went out yesterday except instead of being signed by Barack himself, it was signed off on by David Plouffe. I think they got wind of the possible fraud charges that might be coming and tried to shield BO from the fallout.

Here's a line from the new email:

"A previous donor has promised to give again if and only if someone like you makes a donation right now. You can even choose to exchange a message with them about why you are supporting Barack."

Again, another blatant fraudulent claim, but with just the tiniest, but significant rewording. Now it's "someone like you" making a first time donation. This covers for the implied 1-for-1 matching donation that was claimed in the first email.

If this isn't exposed by Clinton's people, then you know we're about to see Obama/Clinton '08.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
My concern is that, money could be funneled into his campaign by foreign powers by use of agents using multiple credit cards. There is no mechanism in place to "verify" if the credit card donations to the campaign came form an actual person and no questions are asked from the people contributing less than 200$. Iranians, Venezuelans and others can easily undermine the electoral process with sums as little as 100-200 million by helping elect a extreme left wing idiot who can make a good speech.

It is a sad state of affairs.

Hillary got pushed out by sheer force of money.

new topics

top topics

join