It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFC Champion TITO ORTIZ on BTS MIX Show! POST YOUR QUESTIONS NOW!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
The BTS MIX hosts Spencer & Doc will be interviewing Former UFC champion TITO ORTIZ on an upcoming show!

Tito Ortiz is the ultimate showman in the world’s greatest spectator sport—a controversial, charismatic figure who has dominated Ultimate Fighting for more than ten years as one of it’s most exciting stars. Now in his memoir, THIS IS GONNA HURT: The Life of a Mixed Martial Arts Champion (Simon Spotlight Entertainment; Hardcover; $25.95), Ortiz recounts his journey from Huntington Beach Bad Boy to UFC superstardom—his difficult upbringing, his first marriage and struggles with fidelity, his battles with the UFC, his career highs and lows, and his current committed relationship with Jenna Jameson.

Post your questions to Tito here.

[edit on 5/29/2008 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Tito, hey what's up? I just finished watching you on Celebrity Apprentice, which I'm glad you chose St. Jude's Children's Hospital as your charity. I've actually met you briefly in Las Vegas, and I had the opportunity to grapple your friend Frank Shamrock in Colorado. I'm a huge fan of the MMA world, and have been much longer than most people you probably meet.

With that being said, I do have a question for you. I can understand the need to create drama and excitement for marketing yourself and the sport. And I've actually heard a couple of rumors, which lead me to this question. Is the bad blood between you and Ken Shamrock real?

Thanks Tito, and I'm a big fan. I believe I've seen ALL of your fights. Thank you for your time.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Hey Tito.. I must stay I couldn't stand your 'Game Face' originally but after "The Ultimate Fighter" it showed your true personality a little more..Kudos.

Ok questions..

After your last fight you hinted that you would still be interested in hanging around in the U.F.C.
Is there any chance you and Dana are going to kiss and make up?

Oh yeah.. and Jenna!! Way to go..

Any plans for baby Ortiz's?

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Why don't you just fight Dana White and end him for good?

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
St. Jude's Children's Hospital is an awesome charity and the children there need more people like you Tito, Thank You.
I've enjoyed UFC ever since it started back 1993 on TV anyway. You are a true Fighter and Champion of the sport and would like to ask you one question.

Do you think there's life beyond earth as in intelligent alien species?

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I'd like to ask Mr. Ortiz how badly that disgusting knee attack from Machida @ 84 hurt the next day?

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Tito all I have to say is that I am glad that you did the Ultimate fighter on UFC because it showed everyone what a class act you are. Keep up the good work.

How does it feel to be in a relationship with the most watched woman on the planet? And how many times do you look at yourself in the mirror and pat yourself on the back and say " I'm the man"

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Mr. Tito

My ex-roomate was training with Shamrock and his aquintinces for the majority of the time I lived with him over in Redding,CA. When I finally moved out he had yet to lose a fight. Perhaps you've heard of him, J Salvatore.

Anyways I was just wondering if you could put in the good word for the guy. He has a problem managing money and at the moment he owes me near $1000 and apparently those fights pay fairly well when you win. So yeah he could use the help, and if you do happen to make him famous (he really is a damn good fighter) perhaps you could remind him to break a little bit of that prize money off for his former friend/roomate who paid his bills so that he could pay Shamrock and whoever else that was training him to become the Ultimate Fighter.

Thanks

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Hello Mr. Ortiz,

First things first, I'd like to say that it's been awesome watching you in the UFC and I've enjoyed all your fights. You put on a great show in all your matches and I can only wish you the best of luck for the upcoming future.

To my questions:

-Now that your contract with the UFC has finished, what are some possible organizations you plan on joining. I heard from someone you'd be joining the IFL and possibly even Elite XC? Any plans on fighting in Japan maybe?

-If you had the chance, would you fight Wanderlei Silva a second time?

Much Thanks!

[edit on 29-5-2008 by Striker122]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Would you count getting spanked on live TV by Randy Coture as a career high, or a career low?

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Dear Tito Ortiz,

Why did the rematch that was supposed to happen so "immediately" after your first fight with Rashad Evans, to which you tied 28 to 28 according to the Judge's scorecards, never happen?

I remember watching the UFC fight as well as the post-fight press conference, where
Rashad Evans was admittedly running his mouth, saying he should've won the fight etcetera, while I'm sure you feel the same way. Are there any plans to have that rematch bout? And have you and Evans "made up" or is there any bad blood remaining between you? I am a fan of the MMA circuit and Martial Arts in general, and you rock man!

P.S.: Have you considered competing in any of the MMA circuits in China & Japan? I have heard that it is becoming increasing popular in Asia and that there are many underrated, talented submission fighters participating in those bouts. What do you think about the Asian MMA circuit?

Peace,
RunetanG

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Where do you see the sport going ? Generally, do you suspect k1 fighters are tougher than ufc fighters? And what can the average UFC fighter bench-press, without a bench-press suit?

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Hey Tito,

HUGE MMA fan and you have always been a personal favorite. I attended my first UFC event in Montreal at 83 and it was amazing. But I thought the one thing it was missing was you coming out to the ring with "Mosh" cranked over the loud speakers. I was disappointed that you didn't go with it for your recent fight against Machida.

My question for you;

Where do you rank Kimbo when compared to the top Middleweight, Light Heavyweight, and Heavyweight MMA fighters out there today? I include middleweights because I think Anderson Silva would hold his own in the octagon against Slice. What do you think?

And one last question, Tito Ortiz and the Ultimate Fighting Championship are almost synonymous. As a huge fan, I want to see you fighting for this organization. What would it take for you to stay with the UFC?

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Tito,

Are you finished yet? You haven't beat anyone of any merit in over 5 years. Are you going to hang it up now that Machida ran a clinic using you as the dummy last weekend?

Is there anyway possible that you would be willing to behave like a professional fighter, instead of a professional wrestler?

Oh, and we still haven't heard why you decided to be a no show for your boxing match against Dana?

Last one...
How big of a part did Jenna play in securing your decision over Forest? If the fight was the only thing being scored that night, you lost by a wide margin.

[edit on 5/30/2008 by Unit541]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I don't know if I'm late to submit my question, but here it is anyways.

Tito, I'm a huge boxing fan and also a casual MMA viewer, a lot has been said about MMA overtaking boxing which I don't believe its going to happen, I would like to hear your opinion on this.

Also, a lot is said about the skills and preparation than an MMA athlete has to put themselves through and how no boxer could fight an MMA athlete under MMA rules, conversely I would say that no MMA athlete would beat Floyd Mayweather Jr., given that the fight was held under boxing rules and same weightclas, I would like to hear your opinion on this also.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Thanks for the questions, this thread is now CLOSED.

top topics

join