It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rupert Murdoch's "News Corp." resorts to Propaganda?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I'd consider buying this game... but, I'm wondering... are ALL our elected officials in D.C. at the time? (in the game, of course) I'd probably buy it then.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Hmm

Rupert Murdoch - not a very pleasant man by all accounts, and the alleged inspiration behind Jonathan Pryce's character in the Bond film Tomorrow Never Dies.

Murdoch owns a vast media empire including the follwing:
* Twentieth Century Fox
* Twentieth Century Fox Español
* Twentieth Century Fox International
* Twentieth Century Fox Television
* Fox Searchlight Pictures
* Fox Studios Australia
* Fox Studios Baja
* Fox Studios Los Angeles
* Fox Television Studios
* 20th Century Fox Television
* bTV
* BSkyB
* Fox Broadcasting Company
* Fox Sports Australia
* Fox Television Stations
* Foxtel
* Premiere (19,9%)
* Star Group Limited
* Sky Latin America
* SKY Network Television New Zealand
* Sky Television Italy
* Latvijas Neatkarīgā Televīzija
* TV5 Rīga
* Fox Business Network
* Fox Movie Channel
* Fox News Channel
* Fox Soccer Channel
* Fox Sports Channel
* Fox Sports Enterprises
* Fox Sports en Español
* Fox Sports Net
* FUEL TV
* FX Networks
* Fox Reality
* National Geographic Channel
* SPEED Channel
* Turner South
* LAPTV (Latin America - co-owned with Paramount Pictures/Viacom, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer/MGM Holdings and Universal Studios/NBC Universal)
* Telecine (Brazil - co-owned with Globosat Canais, Paramount Pictures, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, Universal Studios and DreamWorks/Viacom);

Internet
* Fox Interactive Media
o AmericanIdol.com
o AskMen.com
o Direct2Drive
o Fox.com
o Foxsports.com
o GameSpy
o kSolo
o IGN
o Drownedinsound.com
o MySpace
o MyNetworktv.com
o NewRoo.com
o Strategicdatacorp.com
o Photobucket.com
o Rotten Tomatoes
o Scout.com
o SpringWidgets
o WhatIfSports

Other media
* InsideOut
* donna hay
* News America Marketing
* SmartSource
* The Weekly Standard
* Gemstar
* News International
o United Kingdom
+ The Sun
+ News of the World
+ The Times
+ Sunday Times
* News Corporation Ltd.
o Australia
+ The Daily Telegraph (Sydney)
+ The Sunday Telegraph (Sydney)
+ The Australian (national)
+ The Advertiser and Sunday Mail (Adelaide)
+ The Sunday Times (Perth)
+ Herald Sun (Melbourne)
+ Sunday Herald Sun (Melbourne)
+ mX (Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane)
+ The Courier-Mail (Brisbane)
+ Geelong Advertiser
+ Gold Coast Bulletin
+ The Mercury and Sunday Tasmanian (Hobart)
+ Northern Territory News (Darwin)
+ The Sunday Territorian (Darwin)
o New Zealand
+ Sunday Star-Times
o Papua New Guinea
+ Papua New Guinea Post-Courier
o Fiji
+ The Fiji Times
o United States
+ New York Post
+ The Wall Street Journal
*HarperCollins
* National Rugby League (NRL) (50%)
* Sibelius Software
* Ansett Australia, Until 2000 (50%)

He also has many other business interests and dozens of holding companies.

I happened to have the list handy for another discussion.

Scary eh?

This guy has a LOT of power - and he's not afraid to use it.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I can't say it enough---This may well be the BIGGEST threat to this nation we face in modern times. The Corporate consolidation and corruption of the "free" press. These people are outright waging psychological warfare upon the populace with endless propaganda and brainwashing excersizes that are designed to herd the sheep and get everyone behind their (the gov, Corporations, M.I.C., Private Bankers) special interest agendas of wealth and power grabs. People better wake up and put a stop to this, or we are in HUGE trouble.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Linking to this thread..

...Pentagon Propaganda 'Banned' By Congress

And...

Pentagon Propaganda Documents Go Online! But Will The Media Ever Report Them?

This is getting to be a pretty big issue. Misrepresentation in the media and even flat out lies.

Great job ATS...

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I just started a thread on this a couple days ago. The video on my thread shows how FOX NEWS and CNN lead the sheep of america. Here is the Thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

It will definately get you
when you see it!!

-Kdial1

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
This video here is enough to make ANYONE's stomach turn. The guy was picking up on satellite feeds of "behind-the-scenes" coaching and commenting that these shills and execs were saying, and it is almost spine-tingling how blatant and calculated these scum are in waging mind-warfare on their unsuspecting audiences...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I hope EVERYONE watches this, to get an idea of just how twisted and borderline diabolical this system truly is...It is quite alarming.

[edit on 29-5-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Terrorists dont care about copyright laws. They can use videos or images from other sources to post it on their website when it is conveniently great for their purposes.

For example the usage of the twin towers getting hit used as a background while they spout their reasons for terror.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Ok, time to start denying some big time ignorance being displayed here by those who instinctively and uncontrollably can't help but bash Fox News.

First, the SOURCE of this entire story was ABC News, not Fox. Try actually reading the original story and not the twisted infowars spin. Maybe this will help. This is quoted from the original source:

According to an ABC News report in the US, the FBI bulletin said there was no evidence of any direct threat.

Next, the entire story is being reported by some monitoring group named SITE. SITE is the group that claimed that the photo was posted on a radical Islamic web chat room. Fox News didn't make this claim. They reported what ABC had already reported that SITE claimed.

Maybe this quote will help:

According to an ABC News report in the US, the FBI bulletin said there was no evidence of any direct threat.

Mr Kolko said the information about the al-Qaeda call to jihadists was gleaned from organisations that monitor Islamic militant websites.

However, he downplayed the video as typical of Islamist militants on the web, dismissing it as "nothing earth-shattering".

The FBI warning came as the US-based monitoring group SITE said the video encouraging terrorists to develop and detonate weapons of mass destruction in the US and Europe was posted on an Islamist militant forum.

SITE also released a computer-generated image, showing Washington DC in the aftermath of a nuclear attack, which reportedly appeared on an Islamist forum.

The 39-minute, documentary-style video, titled Nuclear Jihad: The Ultimate Terror, was posted on the al-Ekhlaas forum on May 25, SITE said in a statement.

Now to summarize:

1. ABC News reported what this SITE group told them, and posted the photo that SITE said was put online in an islamic chat room, and

2. FOX News repeated the ABC story.

3. Some dude on infowars used Fox News' reporting of the ABC story as an excuse to bash Fox and Murdoch.

4. Our own IvanZ copied and pasted the misleading headline from infowars, and began a misguided thread devoid of practically any and all reason or accurate reporting of facts.

Unless it can be shown that SITE is a front for Fox News, this entire thread is without any merit at all and is the only real propaganda.

Deny ignorance people!

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Thats funny as i also saved some info on this guy from other sites, haha this guy has a lot of power.

Murdoch will get away with anything he wants.

Although this does remind me of that Audio Album that had a picture of the twin towers on fire just before 9/11. Scary.

Heres a few quotes on Murdoch for you.

“Rupert Murdoch is the most dangerous man in the world.” -Ted Turner

And here is a quote so you have an idea what Ted Turner thinks.

"The United States has got some of the dumbest people in the world. I want you to know that we know that."
Ted Turner

A little about Murdoch.

Rupert Murdoch’s NewsCorp dominates the American, British, Asian, and Middle Eastern media markets. He owns 175 newspapers including The Times of London and the New York Post, 100 cable TV channels including Fox and 19 sports channels, 9 satellite and 40 regular TV networks, 40 publishing houses, and a movie studio. His media empire stretches across 5 continents reaching a TV audience of 280 million in America and 300 million in Asia. His magazines reach 28 million. With all outlets combined together, Murdoch’s media empire reaches 4.7 billion people; that’s ¾ of the world’s population. (Rupert Murdoch: Outfoxed Documentary)

Thats 3/4 of the worlds population, thats some major mind influencing power.

The power this guy alone has over the media is unbelievable and very frightening.

No doubt he is being used by "The Powers That Be" for certain goals.

[edit on 29-5-2008 by markjaxson]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

yes but a media outlet SHOULD care. that's the problem.

[edit on 29-5-2008 by an0maly33]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

abcnews.go.com...

except that ABC do not have anything to do with the picture , i have linked the original ABC news link above , and no picture is present and no mention of `SITE` as well.

the picture is the work of news.com.au

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
For example the usage of the twin towers getting hit used as a background while they spout their reasons for terror.

Or bush&co using footage of chemical weapons used by saddam against the kurds, despite hans blix saying they had all been destroyed?

Cuts both ways...

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
So let me get this straight........

'Terrorists' allegedly post a picture of post nuclear Washington and it becomes news and it scares us but this next picture is not art work....

it's post 911 Fallujah.

shame shame

[edit on 29-5-2008 by IvanZana]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by IvanZana

Starred - people don't usually like the ugly truth.

They like it spoon fed to them in nice sanitized bite size chunks on the corporate news channels who are NEVER going to show these images, for fear support for the war will wane and their ratings will drop for being honest.

Embeds were perhaps the greatest propaganda tool ever devised - that stokholm syndrome type thing will get the reporters every time.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
reply to post by jamie83

abcnews.go.com...

except that ABC do not have anything to do with the picture , i have linked the original ABC news link above , and no picture is present and no mention of `SITE` as well.

the picture is the work of news.com.au

No, there is absolutely nothing to indicate that the photo was the work of news.com.au. The photo is sourced as coming from SITE. The fact that the photo isn't on your ABC link that you put up doesn't mean anything. You're just further twisting an otherwise twisted story.

Why not try finding a link to SITE and see if the photo is on their website?

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

Please post back with Any Other MSM using That image as "supportive" Visualization for their "headline story" on the subject.

... just saying.

that the " video" has been demonstrated a " throw-together" by non-participatory supporters only makes for a deeper belly laugh

[edit on 29-5-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   
The Daily Mail has an article up about this also. I posted a comment over 12hrs ago relating to this thread and that photo being a game concept art. Of course its still not posted and probably wont be (surprise surprise). They have it look like alqueda spent days creating that picture.

U.S. analysts said a lot of effort had been put into the video - entitled Nuclear Jihad, The Ultimate Terror - with graphics, music, and clips of different leaders and groups.

The same expertise seems to have gone into creating this image of a devastated Washington.

I tried to steer them in the right direction with my comment about bethesda software but i doubt it will be put up since it goes against the fear fear terror terror of the article.

My $.02
Silver

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

oh i have tried to find a link to `SITE` - and , i can`t - which either means the search engines don`t have them cached, i can`t search
or they don`t exist.

dont twist everything to suit your agenda.

edit:

there is absolutely nothing to indicate that the photo is the work of a `radical islamic chat room` as they have completely got it wrong. No they pulled a terrorfying image , likely without copyright consent,to use for there own `elitist` goals.

remeber murdoch is backing obama to win,

[edit on 30/5/08 by Harlequin]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by S1LV3R4D0
The Daily Mail has an article up about this also. I posted a comment over 12hrs ago relating to this thread and that photo being a game concept art. Of course its still not posted and probably wont be (surprise surprise). They have it look like alqueda spent days creating that picture.

I have just posted a comment of my own on that page. Will be very interesting to see if it gets posted. Its astounding that people want to believe such rubbish.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I saw this story in THESUN uk as well tried to add a comment yesterday they never did put it up.I even sent them an email but they haven't taken any notice they really all would rather just keep promulgating fear.Truth doesn't seem to matter anymore i guess fear sells better.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join