It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rupert Murdoch Says Obama Will Win

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   

www.huffingtonpost.com

Carlsbad, CA -- Tonight at the "All Things Digital" conference sponsored by the Wall Street Journal. Rupert Murdoch -- Chairman of News Corp, new WSJ owner, and longtime torchbearer for conservative politics -- said this about Barack Obama: "He is a rock star. I love what he is saying about education. I think he will win and I am anxious to meet him."

About the presumptive Republican nominee, Murdoch said, "McCain is a friend of mine. But I think he's got a lot of problems. He has been in Congress a long time, and you have to make a lot of compromises. So what's he really stand for?... I think he has a lot of problems."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
When the czar of faux news says something like this... ya know McCain is in a lot of trouble.

www.huffingtonpost.com

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
WOW is all I have to say to this. Rupert Murdoch?????? He says things like you dont know where he stands and I like Obama on education....I like Obama myself even though Im voting RP but that almost sounded like a half an endorsement which would REALLY scare me or is it reverse psychology because his fixed news dogs on Obama all the time. Im not sure how to read this.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

I was kind of thinking the same thing... its going to throw Bill O'Really and his fellow "commentators" into a tailspin.

CX

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Did'nt they used to say that Murdoch was the "twelth member of the British Cabinet" or words to that effect. Very little apparently went on at goverment level without his knowledge.

I wonder how much clout he has in the US too? I know he runs basicaly most of the media outlets around the world, but do you think these words will mean as much over there?

CX.

CX

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I think i'll start watching Fox more now, purely for the entertainment factor of how they start portraying Obama.

Bet he starts becoming the golden boy now.

Calv.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover

About the presumptive Republican nominee, Murdoch said, "McCain is a friend of mine................... So what's he really stand for?... I think he has a lot of problems."

I think thats all you need to know about an animal like Murdoch. How he knives his friends in the the back so publicly. Let's introduce Murdoch's new best friend Obama. Watch your back Obama!

[edit on 29/5/08 by carslake]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I have always maintained that Murdoch wants to be a king maker and I think this is his bid.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
As long as Mr Murdoch keeps putting his opinions in the Op-Ed or Features sections, no body should have concerns,
Its when the media mogul Murdoch disguises his/any subjective
viewpoint as news, hoping to sway the public-at-large...
that he would be overstepping the boundaries of the 4th estate

what were those key-words again ?

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

There is a reason why Rupert can overtake Ted Turner, he is not stupid.
He probably thinks (or figure out) that Obama has some powerful backing, someone behind the screen.

I consider it rather odd Obama can go this far. Let's just say I don't exactly believe democracy is in the works. Otherwise Ron Paul will also be a contender.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Obama has been the MSM's boy for a long time now. So this doesn't surprise me at all. He has all the right people backing him and the right bloodline (Bush, Churchhill, Cheney, Truman, Ford and Johnson are all distant cousins of Obama.) McCain has a bloodline of a peon in comparison with his most famous relatives being high level civil servants. Even if you don't buy into that particular conspiracy theory you have to admit the media likes him a lot.

primebuzz.kcstar.com.../10664

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Opps that should have been lower level civil servants (McCain has relatives in the military). Presidents are civil servants too but I don't think of them as civil servants on first glance...

top topics

join